Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

October 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Getting pretty dejected. Haven't touched my order, no trade-in, nothing.

10/29 OD - MYLR, MSM, No hitch, No FSD, 5 seater, Ontario

Current EDD is now Sept 28 - Nov 23

I don't know if I can really go a whole year waiting for this.
Stay strong. It will come. Don’t give up. They want you to cancel. You purchased at a low price. Take advantage of it. It will come eventually.

Getting pretty dejected. Haven't touched my order, no trade-in, nothing.

10/29 OD - MYLR, MSM, No hitch, No FSD, 5 seater, Ontario

Current EDD is now Sept 28 - Nov 23

I don't know if I can really go a whole year waiting for this.
Similar here, Toronto, Ontario. 10/20 OD, MYLR, white/white, 20”, tow, no fsd.
Cash, no trade, EDD Aug 29-Oct 24, been there since early April.
Toronto here as well with 10/23 OD. Looks like all/most of us have this crazy dates. Gives me hope that its likely a placeholder. I had a 2 week EDD for March end in feb. Then had 4/25-5/7 and 4/23-5/6 till last sunday when I got pushed to 7/31-9/10.

I have been calling/texting tesla (I think it goes to tesla lawrence) nearly daily but sadly either I get misleading replies or just the usual "check your app" bla bla.

SA on text did tell me today they are expecting demo MYs in June. So I am guessing there's a batch incoming in May

Got a new/updated EDD.

Just for review.
Ordered Blue Model Y Long Range with Induction wheels

Order Date: October 10, 2021.
Original Estimated Delivery Date: April 2022
Delivery Date kept moving back, and was most recently Sept-October 2022. Pushing an entire year if so.
My order was NOT set to cash. It was set to finance, and I didn't fill in the application because I didn't want an approval that would hit my credit, but then expire before the car was ready.

On Saturday, April 23, 2022 upgraded to a Model Y Performance. Blue. With the current prices of the MYP, figured it looked like a bargain now.

Switched my payment method to cash.

This morning I received a new Estimated Delivery Date of April 30-May 14. That's coming up soon! I was hoping for a date before the end of June, so this looks promising.

I'm in Camarillo, CA, so I don't know if this means that the west coast push starts soon. It's also possible that there is still going to be a minimal amount of cars made for the west before the EOQ push, but my Oct 2021 order date is one of the older ones for a Performance, so its expected before that EOQ push.
I ordered a Blue MYLR with Geminis. My OD was October 29th though. Mine still set at July-August :(. Located in Irvine, CA. I hope its a West Coast push but I'm guessing your sooner EDD was because of your switch to MYP

Reactions: PeteOC
Until you get assigned a VIN, the window means nothing. Sorry. Its a sad truth.
😭😭😭 Hey, just let me live vicariously through all the VINs and bask in my first two-week window! (j/k!) It will come... Someday... I hope... Maybe the Tesla execs encouraged Elon to buy Twitter so they could get something done at the factory??? (Seriously, whatever it takes to get myself through this excruciating wait...) 🤣🤣🤣

question for those who added insurance to the app. how long after you added insurance were you able to schedule an actual delivery date? and what was the range of the dates of delivery that were available (ex. 1 week ahead, 2 weeks ahead, 1 month ahead etc) ?
Didn’t see anyone answer your question.

I added insurance and had schedule delivery within an hour.
What is the typical wait time from VIN to scheduled delivery? My delivery window was very close to my VIN date so I wondering if it will hold those dates.
I think it depends on your delivery center. I got VIN this morning, submitted insurance and then the schedule delivery notification, with a two day (not much room here) delivery window Thursday or Friday, this week. That was it. I am a Fremont delivery and I hear they have space constraints. So I think it depends on your delivery center and how long they can hold a car for you.

Didn’t see anyone answer your question.

I added insurance and had schedule delivery within an hour.

I think it depends on your delivery center. I got VIN this morning, submitted insurance and then the schedule delivery notification, with a two day (not much room here) delivery window Thursday or Friday, this week. That was it. I am a Fremont delivery and I hear they have space constraints. So I think it depends on your delivery center and how long they can hold a car for you.
How do you add insurance if you don’t have an exact delivery date? Just start it the first day of your potential delivery period I guess?

Reactions: Stardew
How do you add insurance if you don’t have an exact delivery date? Just start it the first day of your potential delivery period I guess?
I did it starting immediately, which with USAA will be starting midnight tonight, and will phone USAA once I take delivery and they will 100% adjust the charges so I don’t actually get charged during days I did not have the car.

I have had them “after the fact” adjust insurance coverages in the past and it has never been an issue. For example selling a car and not letting them know for a month. I had documentation and they didn’t even ask.

Reactions: Stardew
In most states, if you already have insurance with another car, you just have to bring proof of that. You'll be given a certain amount of time (In California it's 30 days) to add the vehicle to your insurance. It's best to do it right away if you can though.

If this is your first vehicle, so you don't have any current insurance, you should be able to use the VIN and the registration paperwork you fill out at Tesla to add it.