Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

October 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone had experience selling their trade-in/old car through Car Buyer USA? I read reviews that they are a scam but also that they were legit but took like 10 days until they got their check payout. So far I am being offered $1k more than what Tesla will give me for my trade-in but it also sounds too good to be true. Thanks for the help if anyone has sold through them before!
Last time I was pricing my ICE, Car Buyers USA gave me the best offer, just wasn’t ready to pull the trigger. Will check them again next week when I am ready to sell my ICE. Picking up my MY in about 2 weeks. I hope

Reactions: Tezla.
My family members have used Shift and gotten great deals from them. For my trade-in, Tesla was the best deal and Shift is matching. All the other usual suspects like Carvana and Carmax were nowhere near close to the price I got from Tesla, which is surprising since I've always heard that Tesla lowballs trade-in values...
Keep in mind some states (like NY) allow you to reduce the purchase price of a car by the the trade in value if handled together. This can reduce your taxes on the Tesla which can be significant if your state sale taxes are high. If training your car thru a third party make sure the cash difference covers the sales tax. Also factor in it is much easier to drive in, drop off your keys and have Tesla handle the exchange.

Reactions: PeteOC and BGOwner
Nobody, no one called/texted me.
That’s not right, I’m so sorry.

Maybe if you call your DC they can assist you.
I was very pleased with my SA with my M3 but the one I was assigned for the MY is meh..
But I will say every time I email him, he does respond to my messages. I’ve had a contact from the day I placed my order.

Original OD 10/16/2021, App has been saying September again for over a week so I texted my SA to see what my delivery date says on her end. I received a reply of “I went ahead and submitted a form to see if it is possible that they could give you an earlier build slot. We will keep you posted on their response” … has anyone heard of this happening before, and the result? Sounds too good to be true… and what would it take to make that possible?

Thanks in advance for any insight here.
I heard something like that from the 800 number a couple months ago when I went from an EDD on Feb/March to September. That was like 2.5 months ago. I’m still on EDD 8/30 to 10/25. *shrug*

Hey so I have my VIN and had my delivery set for this Saturday May 7th at 5pm but now the app says Est. Delivery May 13-May-17. Anyone had this happen??
Never mind they called me and I didn’t see the voice mail. Apparently they are shipping cars out of Fremont without the ability to charge so they have my car but not the part that would allow the car to charge… man I was really excited to have my car this Saturday too. Ahh well. Another few days I guess.

Reactions: aguzzi17 and Jones1
Never mind they called me and I didn’t see the voice mail. Apparently they are shipping cars out of Fremont without the ability to charge so they have my car but not the part that would allow the car to charge… man I was really excited to have my car this Saturday too. Ahh well. Another few days I guess.
So that’s what’s holding up so many deliveries? What part is missing that would prevent the car from charging I wonder…

Ok since I will be picking up the car tomorrow morning, this may be the last time im spending much time on this site so I figured I would give a full account of what my process has been as it is a bit different than many I have read. hopefully it gives some of you peace of mind.

I ordered on October 16th after a test drive here in Denver. My configuration is MYLR/MSM/black interior/19in/no tow/no fsd. when I first ordered, my EDD said April. within the first week of being ordered it changed to march 1-30 and it stayed that way until late feb when it switched to April 25-may 23. I considered changing some things around to try to get it earlier but at the end of the day, I ordered my configuration because that is what I wanted so there was no reason to spend more money just to get it sooner and have it be extra *sugar* I didn't care about. about a week ago my EDD changed to May 10-21. I decided to delete the app and check this page infrequently because it was making me anxious about the imminent delivery without knowing any real information on it. yesterday at 1pm Denver time, I received a text message telling me I had a vin. I never got a text about a trade in or any communications from Tesla ever for that matter. after I got my financing and trade in sorted last night, I woke up this morning to no changes. at about 10:30 am I got a text saying it was my turn to schedule my pick up. I set it for Saturday at 4pm but said I would be available earlier if somehow it finished sooner. at about 6pm today they called me and told me I can pick it up tomorrow at 10 am.

the moral of the story is that although sometimes there seems to be an order to delivery steps with trade in texts and whatnot, clearly sometimes there is no communication and you are just surprised with a vehicle like in my case. I hope y'all dont get too obsessed with trying to figure out the crazy antics of Tesla and just remember that eventually...you will have the car. and if all goes as planned, you will love it. keep your chins up. drive safe. party on.

So that’s what’s holding up so many deliveries? What part is missing that would prevent the car from charging I wonder…
Charge port… there’s a forum on TMC on charge port issues and looks like it takes 10 minutes to replace it.

Reactions: PeteOC