Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

October 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got a trade in text from Tesla today. OD 10/17 and current EDD 5/15 to 5/29. Any idea if I am really close to getting delivery? Is there any pattern of actual delivery after getting trade in text? No VIN in app/website or source code.
So hard to say. I never got the trade in text. My EDD went to 2 weeks on Monday and 4 days with a VIN today. I checked source code yesterday and nothing.

Got a trade in text from Tesla today. OD 10/17 and current EDD 5/15 to 5/29. Any idea if I am really close to getting delivery? Is there any pattern of actual delivery after getting trade in text? No VIN in app/website or source code.
I don’t think there’s really any rhyme or reason. I got my VIN on morning of the 27th, and a trade in text a few hours later.

Reactions: vish212950
Yes.

While there are 4680's being produced near Freemont, I dont believe that any of the machines necessary to put them in cars are on the actual production line.

There's that .001% chance that we didn't know that Freemont shut down Model Y production for a day so that they could switch out the equipment. Wouldnt that be an awesome surprise? lol
What? Tesla employees have been buying the Standard Range model Y with 4680s out of Austin for a while now. Or are you referring to Long Range and Performance models? If thats the case than yes they are not producing those in Austin yet.

What? Tesla employees have been buying the Standard Range model Y with 4680s out of Austin for a while now. Or are you referring to Long Range and Performance models? If thats the case than yes they are not producing those in Austin yet.
I was referring to Freemont. There is a battery facility off-site that makes some 4680's near there, but I believe those batteries get shipped to Austin for now.

I was able to find it and uploaded the document and it has the VIN Number in it as well. My Delivery Date is between 05/16-05/20. Will DCU will be mailing the Check to me or to Tesla directly.
I suggest to call DCU during business hours and have them process while you are on phone. Callback option works the best than waiting on the line.

Has anyone had experience selling their trade-in/old car through Car Buyer USA? I read reviews that they are a scam but also that they were legit but took like 10 days until they got their check payout. So far I am being offered $1k more than what Tesla will give me for my trade-in but it also sounds too good to be true. Thanks for the help if anyone has sold through them before!
Did you try Driveway? They offered good value to many and are legit.

Has anyone had experience selling their trade-in/old car through Car Buyer USA? I read reviews that they are a scam but also that they were legit but took like 10 days until they got their check payout. So far I am being offered $1k more than what Tesla will give me for my trade-in but it also sounds too good to be true. Thanks for the help if anyone has sold through them before!
My family members have used Shift and gotten great deals from them. For my trade-in, Tesla was the best deal and Shift is matching. All the other usual suspects like Carvana and Carmax were nowhere near close to the price I got from Tesla, which is surprising since I've always heard that Tesla lowballs trade-in values...

I was able to find it and uploaded the document and it has the VIN Number in it as well. My Delivery Date is between 05/16-05/20. Will DCU will be mailing the Check to me or to Tesla directly.
They’ll ask you what you want to do. I had them send it directly to Tesla, but I’m also not going to the delivery center to pick it up so that’s what made sense to me.

I’ve never heard of them.
I used VROOM last year because TESLA gave me a low trade value. The reviews were hit and miss on them but I was very pleased with the way it went and I got 8k more than what TESLA was giving me.
This year we used Carmax because TESLA gave us a really crappy deal on a trade. Carmax actually gave us almost what we paid for the car. That was an interesting experience. What should have taken a half hour took almost 2 hours, I was NOT pleased!