Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

October 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can I accept Tesla trade in offer now and decline later? I am waiting inspection by 2 others who are offering better than Tesla. Asking because my EDD moved from 2 weeks to a month which is Jun-Jul and thinking if it could be because of pending trade in acceptance.
Assuming you do not have a VIN yet, my recommendation is to decline Tesla’s trade in offer and say ‘no trade-in’ so that your profile will be complete. Once the VIN is assigned, and closer to delivery, you can always ask SA to open the trade in section of your profile, if needed.

Can I accept Tesla trade in offer now and decline later? I am waiting inspection by 2 others who are offering better than Tesla. Asking because my EDD moved from 2 weeks to a month which is Jun-Jul and thinking if it could be because of pending trade in acceptance.
I don't think the pending trade-in affect EDD... I got a VIN and updated EDD while having an unfinished trade-in (i.e., they have offer but I didn't upload the registration). however, Tesla doesn't generate MVPA with a pending trade-in as they need the number on the agreement.

Pickup scheduled for Sunday. Hoping this is really it. I drove my friends Model 3 and it probably made the wait worse knowing what I’m missing.

Garage is ready…

2133F8FB-652E-4BF3-B2A5-1F0789FBC1FB.jpeg

Still in June jail today. (since Saturday). Messaged the SA. They said this is a known "glitch", but it's not the reality for my case (whatever that means), and that I should check back in around 2 weeks to see if my ETA has shifted back up or even have a VIN... So I guess I continue waiting, losing sleep, and stressing, like some of us. :(

Still in June jail today. (since Saturday). Messaged the SA. They said this is a known "glitch", but it's not the reality for my case (whatever that means), and that I should check back in around 2 weeks to see if my ETA has shifted back up or even have a VIN... So I guess I continue waiting, losing sleep, and stressing, like some of us. :(
Yeah, I’ve been in Jan-Apr 2023 jail now for 2 weeks, I get it! Just think about how much money you’re saving on lower insurance costs, ability to save more for a higher down payment to lower interests and monthly payments, etc.

Look for the bright side. Just like a vacation, the anticipation is half the fun. The car will eventually get there and it will be that much sweeter! That’s what I’m telling myself :)

Reactions: taking12many
I ordered my LRY Blue with tow hitch on Oxtober 9, 2021. My most recent EDD is May 24-June7. I have a vacation scheduled for June 18-28, which I cannot get a refund on. I am so afraid that I will get a delivery date during that time. Would I be totally screwed if this hapens. I have been waiting so long with original EDD in early February.

Yeah, I’ve been in Jan-Apr 2023 jail now for 2 weeks, I get it! Just think about how much money you’re saving on lower insurance costs, ability to save more for a higher down payment to lower interests and monthly payments, etc.

Look for the bright side. Just like a vacation, the anticipation is half the fun. The car will eventually get there and it will be that much sweeter! That’s what I’m telling myself :)
Yep, I try to remind myself that it's more money I'm saving now (or that can be re-allocated to other expenses/projects/items). I'd love to have it this summer though, gas is over $4 a gallon now and putting a lot of miles on our vehicle that we only intended to use as our secondary car. LOL And BTW, sorry that you're stuck in an even worse jail.

Reactions: cc333
I ordered my LRY Blue with tow hitch on Oxtober 9, 2021. My most recent EDD is May 24-June7. I have a vacation scheduled for June 18-28, which I cannot get a refund on. I am so afraid that I will get a delivery date during that time. Would I be totally screwed if this hapens. I have been waiting so long with original EDD in early February.
Mine is also blue. There just comes a point that you can't put your life on hold waiting for a vehicle you may or may not get on time. Everything can & will change until you have the vehicle in your possession.

Yep, I try to remind myself that it's more money I'm saving now (or that can be re-allocated to other expenses/projects/items). I'd love to have it this summer though, gas is over $4 a gallon now and putting a lot of miles on our vehicle that we only intended to use as our secondary car. LOL And BTW, sorry that you're stuck in an even worse jail.
Same, I want my summer.

Reactions: taking12many
Mine is also blue. There just comes a point that you can't put your life on hold waiting for a vehicle you may or may not get on time. Everything can & will change until you have the vehicle in your possession.
So true. At some point all of this is gonna lead people to go elsewhere. In fact, Tesla's market share for EVs has already dropped as other makers ramp up. The continued line cutting for more expensive models and horrifying customer service is going to bite them sooner rather than later too.

do tesla still includes

Mobile Connector with past orders during deliver ?​

Yes. If you go to the tesla mobile connector site. Mobile Connector you will that it says "Note: Vehicle orders placed on or after April 28, 2022 will not include a Mobile Connector with delivery. Mobile Connector orders with both NEMA 5-15 Adapter and NEMA 14-50 Adapter will begin shipping in August 2022."

So true. At some point all of this is gonna lead people to go elsewhere. In fact, Tesla's market share for EVs has already dropped as other makers ramp up. The continued line cutting for more expensive models and horrifying customer service is going to bite them sooner rather than later too.
I agree. Right now, they can get away with it since they still probably make one of the best electric vehicles and have such a huge demand, but at some point, things are going to settle down, and when they do, they had better get some of these antics figured out.

Picked up the car yesterday. Taking delivery and trading in my old vehicle was incredibly simple. No hassle at all. I was a little concerned with the trade-in since I had a new service engine light come on over the past month. However, they looked at the trade-in for about 1 minute and moved on to the paperwork.

As expected, the car came with the portable charger and a J1772 adapter. I was pleasantly surprised that they installed mud flaps on the front and the PPF by the back wheels. This was in Indy and the SA said they install mud flaps on all the cars now because every car was leaving and coming back a week later to get them installed.

Good luck everyone. Hope you get VINs and a delivery text soon!