Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

October 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There were subtle changes made from 2021 to 2022; Tesla implements changes on the fly and with supply chain constraints what else would they add or change to the current model? They added carpet to the rear door area instead of plastic kick plates , in 2021 they removed the piano black console from 2020. But the car has generally remained unchanged. If I got the car when I ordered I would have gotten a 2021 or early 2022 and now I get a late 2022; we could push forever and ever waiting for something newer. I mean itd be awesome to get new headlights but I’m getting a much better CPU now than I would have. But still, not like a regular car make where they drastically change things year over year.
Good points ... I always think about resale value someday (maybe) ... 2023 being newer than 2022. I wasn't really focused on the updates as much. Understand Tesla’s stance that it doesn’t matter, but believe it will to someone someday. That being said, I doubt we'll push the date back. The charger has been installed in my garage for about 6 months. I really thought it was going be delivered in April :(

Reactions: MizzleD
Good points ... I always think about resale value someday (maybe) ... 2023 being newer than 2022. I wasn't really focused on the updates as much. Understand Tesla’s stance that it doesn’t matter, but believe it will to someone someday. That being said, I doubt we'll push the date back. The charger has been installed in my garage for about 6 months. I really thought it was going be delivered in April :(
Yeah same. I installed my charger in January when my EDD was in Feb. I feel like it just sits there silently laughing at me. Also I bought maxpider mats, a screen protector, and the rear seat pet cover. So I just want to stop looking at all this cool stuff just sitting out waiting for a car that gets close and then far away. lol.

Yeah same. I installed my charger in January when my EDD was in Feb. I feel like it just sits there silently laughing at me. Also I bought maxpider mats, a screen protector, and the rear seat pet cover. So I just want to stop looking at all this cool stuff just sitting out waiting for a car that gets close and then far away. lol.

Just had my 240 outlet put in yesterday. Its exciting and frustrating all in one! To add a little salt on the wound, I already had a 3 conductor outlet that I just extended a bit so I went with a NEMA 6-50 outlet. Low and behold, I went to purchase the NEMA 6-50 adapter... and its sold out (the only dang one out of all the adapters). Sigh.... I can always eBay it for 2x the cost but since I have a long wait, I am hoping they restock.

It will be a race to see if I can get my MYLR or my 6-50 adapter.

My floor matts and NEMA 14-50 adapter are also quietly mocking me in the corner of my garage.

• Funny
There were subtle changes made from 2021 to 2022; Tesla implements changes on the fly and with supply chain constraints what else would they add or change to the current model? They added carpet to the rear door area instead of plastic kick plates , in 2021 they removed the piano black console from 2020. But the car has generally remained unchanged. If I got the car when I ordered I would have gotten a 2021 or early 2022 and now I get a late 2022; we could push forever and ever waiting for something newer. I mean itd be awesome to get new headlights but I’m getting a much better CPU now than I would have. But still, not like a regular car make where they drastically change things year over year.

Over time they have also added the heated steering wheel and heated wipers. I think the Texas 2170 versions are getting the parcel shelf like the Standard range as well?

But your spot on with that "Model Year" isn't really a thing with Tesla. They roll improvements into production whenever they are ready and are not based on any calendar year. I am hoping for the Matrix headlights as a consolation prize for waiting longer (assuming they can do neat adaptive lighting things).

Omg!! Finally got a VIN assigned today. Couldn't believe my own eyes. I ordered the last day in October so expect everyone in this thread to get theirs soon 💯🤞

Anyone recommend to go with Tesla insurance or shop around to bundle with home insurance for better price?

MYLR7 W/W, Gemini, no tow, no FSD.
OD 10/31/2021. PC 11/6/2021.
EDD -> 4/7-5/5 -> 5/24-6/21 -> 6/22-7/5 -> 7/6-8/3 -> 7/15-7/29 -> 8/4-9/1 -> 7/25-7/29

Just got VIN’d as well and was told to update insurance. Date narrowed down to 7 day window.

July 24-July 30.
Home deliver originally scheduled for July 26. Called the delivery center to change to pickup, since I live 10 minutes away.

New pickup day scheduled for tomorrow, July 24. Confirmed that car is already there now.

Omg!! Finally got a VIN assigned today. Couldn't believe my own eyes. I ordered the last day in October so expect everyone in this thread to get theirs soon 💯🤞

Anyone recommend to go with Tesla insurance or shop around to bundle with home insurance for better price?

MYLR7 W/W, Gemini, no tow, no FSD.
OD 10/31/2021. PC 11/6/2021.
EDD -> 4/7-5/5 -> 5/24-6/21 -> 6/22-7/5 -> 7/6-8/3 -> 7/15-7/29 -> 8/4-9/1 -> 7/25-7/29
I have found that Tesla insurance is much cheaper. If I keep my safety score above 75 I would break even with the quotes I got from other companies. For the last few months, score has been above 90. But only hitting 2 months in next week

Reactions: khdscripps