Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

October 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
where do you specify home delivery or pickup? How was the pickup experience?
The website only gave me the option of home delivery. I called Colma, and asked if I can pick up the car instead. They were very helpful.

The delivery experience was pretty good. When I arrived, the receptionist was very friendly. She opened the car remotely for me to inspect the car, and told me to come back when I’m ready to pick up the keys (after payment).

There are a few minor paint scratches (I might be ok living with), a big blemish on one of the rear view mirror (needs to be buffed out) and one of the interior pillars was dirty and loose (if I can’t wipe clean, I might have them fix/replace it).

Again, the one receptionist was super nice. The others were ok.. helpful, but not as nice the as the receptionist.

I spent 45 minutes inspecting the car, and there were no paper work to sign. The car came with a mobile charger, and 1 year of free premium connectivity.

Anyone in NJ still awaiting their VIN, with an MSRP < $55K? Do you think we qualify for this new incentive?

Anyone in NJ still awaiting their VIN, with an MSRP < $55K? Do you think we qualify for this new incentive?

Only the Model 3 is listed as being eligible.

• Informative
Reactions: Aviateur17
No VIN yet, but my EDD just changed today to my third two-week window of Aug 7 - 21 AND I received my first email from the delivery center. They sent me instructions for scheduling the pickup, what pickup day will be like, some links to the Tesla how-to videos, and specifics about how long I have to declare cosmetic issues and the rules about rescheduling pickup. The email only said that my car would be delivered this quarter and that I would have to pick it up by September 30. It was clearly sent to everyone that is picking up this quarter in Maplewood.

Reactions: JDEWD250
Just curious how you know that? Are there others that received the same message? I'm picking mine up from Rogers, MN and have a similar EDD but no email that I'm aware of - now I have to go check my SPAM box.
I'm sorry if that came off more confident than it should be. I just meant it wasn't addressed to me specifically and had broad language that could apply to anyone receiving a car in that time frame.

Here is the first part of the email (the rest is not very interesting):

Hello!

This is Maplewood Tesla reaching out as we are anticipating delivery for your new Tesla this quarter, and we want to make sure you are prepared for your delivery. So exciting! Please review the following information on what to expect as we move towards delivery day:

• When it's your turn to schedule delivery, you will receive an automated text message from Tesla prompting you to self-schedule your appointment. If the times provided don't fit into your schedule, please get a placeholder appointment booked then reply to that automated text message alerting us that you have scheduled for a time that won’t work for you. An Advisor will reply as soon as possible to discuss alternative options.
    • As per your Order Agreement, you will have 3 days to pick up your new Tesla before we must pass it to the next customer in line for delivery***
      • All deliveries must be completed by September 30th, no exceptions. If your vehicle arrives between Sep 27th-30th, you may have less than 3 days to schedule your delivery appointment

• Helpful
Reactions: Aviateur17
Yesterday, I scheduled my pickup for 8/3, tentative based on the ship arriving in Honolulu and getting offloaded. The delivery center didn't seem too concerned if I went on vacation without picking up my car. 3 days or given to someone else is unrealistic for HI, so I'm glad they recognize that. Not much will cause me to decline this vehicle and am finally getting close to enjoying it.

Reactions: JDEWD250
Strange unsolicited text from Tesla, I haven't even tried to contact anyone for weeks, I don't need to hear the same old song and dance and nothing happens from them, but here is the text.

"Hello James, Your estimated delivery date will always display in your Tesla mobile app. The currently displayed delivery estimate on your account of December 6 - January 31 is subject to change due to many variables that are not entirely within our control. We will continue to update your delivery estimate as we navigate production and supply chain constraints to try to accelerate your delivery as much as we possibly can. We know that this process can be difficult for you, but we assure you that we are doing everything we can to build as many of these vehicles, as quickly as possible. We thank you for the patience you have already given us and we must ask for a little more while we work on this. Stay tuned for updates. Thank you."

Anyone get one like this?

This was my reply

1658882018526.png

Last edited:
Ordered 11/7/21 LR, White,20" Wheels, White interior, 5 Seater. Original estimated delivery date was June. As of right now its Sept 7 - October 12

Neighbor ordered on 4/25/22 LR, Black, 20" Wheels, Black interior, 5 seater. VIN just assigned

wtf??! is he getting his sooner because he's paying the increased price hike of the LR or is there a delay on white interior? or delay on white exterior?

also does anyone know if i change my seats to black will it change delivery date?

we're in houston

Reactions: MizzleD
Ordered 11/7/21 LR, White,20" Wheels, White interior, 5 Seater. Original estimated delivery date was June. As of right now its Sept 7 - October 12

Neighbor ordered on 4/25/22 LR, Black, 20" Wheels, Black interior, 5 seater. VIN just assigned

wtf??! is he getting his sooner because he's paying the increased price hike of the LR or is there a delay on white interior? or delay on white exterior?

also does anyone know if i change my seats to black will it change delivery date?

we're in houston
I have the same config as you except 7 seats and I’ve been waiting since 10/28

we're in houston
Most likely your neighbour has been assigned an Austin MYLR. They are not making white seats in Austin yet. So yes, if you switch to black seats you may get assigned an Austin VIN. I'm not sure if Austin has any limits on what exterior colors they are producing??

Only the Model 3 is listed as being eligible.
I have ordered a Model Y on July 6, 2021 based on the Phase Two NJ program and MSRP is less than $55K. I am still waiting for delivery. If all the paper work is good and the Tesla dealership had submitted to the NJ authorities, I should get the $2K rebate as my application under the old Phase 2 program is pending payment.

Reactions: MizzleD