Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

October 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered my 7 seat MYLR in October of 2021, ODD July 2022. It moved up to April-May 2022 for a few months. then simply said 'August'. Woke up the other day and it now says September 16-October 14. Honestly driving me nuts as we live in a far northern CA and the dealership where we will pick it up is 5 hours a way in the SF Bay Area. We have to plan our weekend to pick it up. Anyway....I guess the delay seems to be associated with the 7 seat option...by the time I get this vehicle my kids will have out grown the third row seating!
Ordered 7 seater on Oct 10 and still waiting. Current EDD - May 10-June 14. Kids growing out of the seat made me laugh, so thanks.

Long time lurker, first time poster. I have been seeing a few posts about the 7 seater taking longer.. is this an opinion or is there data/evidence to back this up?

FYI i ordered a MYLR5 white interior on Oct 6... wanted to change to a 7 seater but didn't want to pay the updated price. So when Tesla changed their policy recently and starting allowing order updates while keeping your base price locked at what it was at the time of order, i jumped on it and switched to a 7 seater last weekend (yes the price didn't update to current pricing :) ). But now i see the 7 seater may actually take longer. Really??? Anyone with 7 seater that has a further out EDD.

MYLR7 White/White
Current EDD Apr 14- May 12 (stayed the same after switching from 5 seater to 7 seater)
I don't have any data, but if I go with the recent theory of making more money before the EOQ, then they should have pushed costly 7-seaters first. Well..... my wishful thinking.

I'm glad you were able to change without triggering price change. I called about 10-days back to change color, but was told that I'll have to pay new price which is 8K more than what I paid. No thanks.

Reactions: PeteOC
I don't have any data, but if I go with the recent theory of making more money before the EOQ, then they should have pushed costly 7-seaters first. Well..... my wishful thinking.

I'm glad you were able to change without triggering price change. I called about 10-days back to change color, but was told that I'll have to pay new price which is 8K more than what I paid. No thanks.
We have to wait. Our time is almost the same I hope there will be good news in these two weeks!😍

Reactions: Tezla.

you can def change the color now at no price increase from what that color would have cost (or not cost) at your initial order time. Can even do it yourself.

Excellent LodiEVFan, post some pictures if you can.
Here are two photos I took at delivery. Not the greatest photography but there it is. tempImage3tNWR2.pngtempImageUbIIOR.png

They would prioritize the 7 seaters because they cost more money was my thinking too but i guess 7 seater also add steps in the manufacturing process so may be it wont make sense to prioritize us.

About making a change, I was also told i'd need to pay new price (this was a chat agent) if I make a change but then I called customer service 2 days later and asked them to unlock the design studio and was able to make the changes my self. The agent i spoke with the second time was nice and told me my price wouldn't trigger a price change. Jury is still out on weather making changes would delay our EDDs. Mine has remained the same so far.

you can def change the color now at no price increase from what that color would have cost (or not cost) at your initial order time. Can even do it yourself.
Would you share how you can change this yourself? If I were to change from white to midnight silver, there would be no charge for the color change, but my vehicle would still go up to current price, which is $8K above from when I ordered, at least this is what is communicated to me by separate SAs from two different show rooms. Then again, my EDD is so close I wouldn't want to change now and risk another push back a few months...

Would you share how you can change this yourself? If I were to change from white to midnight silver, there would be no charge for the color change, but my vehicle would still go up to current price, which is $8K above from when I ordered, at least this is what is communicated to me by separate SAs from two different show rooms. Then again, my EDD is so close I wouldn't want to change now and risk another push back a few months...
The instruction is in another thread with detailed instruction.

I am tempted to change my configuration but wait because I think my EDD is coming soon 🤞

Reactions: PeteOC
going to silver you would acutally see $1000 increase as that paint was extra when you ordered, even though it's not now. It totally treats the mods to the order as if they were being done at time you placed order.

Reactions: BGOwner and PeteOC