Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

October 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Adding $12k FSD package is like a dealer markup to get vehicle early. FSD is no where close to completion and you’ll have to be in a long queue to get beta. As FSD gets closer to completion (next 5-7 years), the current hardware will not be able to support the computational power required. 2016 Tesla owners are experiencing the same issue, Tesla said that it will upgrade the hardware but we all know how fast the Service center is… And once the supply chain issue eases and more legacy car EV’s are on the road the value that you paid for FSD today will go down more than half when you’ll sell your car in future. No one will buy a used Tesla that does not support hardware for FSD.

Really happy for all of them who made a move to add $12k for a future, but there was something in your mind that didn’t let you do it in the first place.

First time poster and a long time watcher.

OD/PC: 10/23 -- 12:01am -- 45 sec after $2K price rise because of credit card glitch :-(
Basic model (no upgrades) EDD was Mar-Apr for a long time and recently updated to May-Jun. Loc: Bay Area

Today morning I talked to my SA to add Tow package and was told to not do it as it might delay my car but said upto you. I refrained.

And a few hours later got the VIN for delivery next week, EDD: Mar 27-31 (EOQ push).
Just got a text that car is ready for delivery -- Home delivery scheduled: 3/27 ... Super exited !

Ordered my 7 seat MYLR in October of 2021, ODD July 2022. It moved up to April-May 2022 for a few months. then simply said 'August'. Woke up the other day and it now says September 16-October 14. Honestly driving me nuts as we live in a far northern CA and the dealership where we will pick it up is 5 hours a way in the SF Bay Area. We have to plan our weekend to pick it up. Anyway....I guess the delay seems to be associated with the 7 seat option...by the time I get this vehicle my kids will have out grown the third row seating!I
I'm also waiting for a seven Seater ordered in October. Now my EDD is April 14 - May 12, bit that means nothing. Hopefully we'll get some good news soon.

Not a bump, sort of pissed off and thinking of canceling. Can get a used Model X for $68,000.

you can cancel, but I believe you get pushed to the back of the line: so this little experiment probably cost me my reservation.
he meant, can you cancel and get the car you got a VIN for at the no-FSD price. the answer is now no. This used to be possible and it was a much-discussed technique for jumping to the front of the line.

Hello all,
I ordered mine on Oct 28th. I did not know about finishing the profile hang-up so I didn't finish it until a few weeks ago. I just refreshed my page and the date originally was May, then June. After I finished my profile it changed to Aug 17-Sept 14. I looked at it a few minutes ago and it is now Sept 14-Nov 9th. That is a whole year! Just crazy how you keep thinking, this sucks but it could be worse. And yep, they deliver that worse! Sorry, needed to vent.
MYLR, White, Induction tires, Black interior, Tow but NO FSD.

Hello all,
I ordered mine on Oct 28th. I did not know about finishing the profile hang-up so I didn't finish it until a few weeks ago. I just refreshed my page and the date originally was May, then June. After I finished my profile it changed to Aug 17-Sept 14. I looked at it a few minutes ago and it is now Sept 14-Nov 9th. That is a whole year! Just crazy how you keep thinking, this sucks but it could be worse. And yep, they deliver that worse! Sorry, needed to vent.
MYLR, White, Induction tires, Black interior, Tow but NO FSD.
Your configuration is the same as mine. I ordered Oct5, PC 10/5. Still my EDD fluctuated and I am now getting close to the EDD. I am hoping that I get my car soon, sold my vehicle too. I am tempted to change to MYP but hoping to receive MYLR by 3/29. What I learned from this whole ordering process is that if you order in store with a SA, then you will get your car delivered faster.

Your configuration is the same as mine. I ordered Oct5, PC 10/5. Still my EDD fluctuated and I am now getting close to the EDD. I am hoping that I get my car soon, sold my vehicle too. I am tempted to change to MYP but hoping to receive MYLR by 3/29. What I learned from this whole ordering process is that if you order in store with a SA, then you will get your car delivered faster.
Well I am hopeful that you will at least get yours when they say you will! Here is to hoping! I should have gone to the local store but they were closed. Oh well. Be patient I guess.