Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

October 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You said you have everything besides financing. Make sure you select Cash as your payment method. If not, your profile is incomplete and usually does not give you EDD as the system things your not ready to take delivery. (Ya its stupid). When you get a VIN, your SA or online support can switch it to Finance. I bet by doing so, you will get a closer EDD. Also, for trade in, select No trade in, this can also be changed before delivery. Both of these expire and have to be renewed if set. Trade in offer is only good for 30 days and Finance offer is 60 days.
I actually worked with a Tesla rep to get the paperwork all done. They marked no trade in and marked I was paying in cash. Still this delivery time. Frustrating but hoping for Texas made Model Y 4680 battery version, fingers crossed

Reactions: Otter2007
I would think if production is starting first quarter of 2022 that by September or October 2022 they would be delivering the 4680 made Model Y. There are videos currently of the Texas factory making long range model Ys with 4680 battery pack. They aren’t delivering them but they are made.
Are you sure the video is of long range model Ys? Could they be standard range AWD model Ys?

I actually worked with a Tesla rep to get the paperwork all done. They marked no trade in and marked I was paying in cash. Still this delivery time. Frustrating but hoping for Texas made Model Y 4680 battery version, fingers crossed
What’s the difference in batteries? Like why are some people wanting an Austin build? I saw Elon posted something about April 7th in Austin. Might be the announcement if the factory online. Seems like they had to get Berlin done first and now moving on to austin

What’s the difference in batteries? Like why are some people wanting an Austin build? I saw Elon posted something about April 7th in Austin. Might be the announcement if the factory online. Seems like they had to get Berlin done first and now moving on to austin
April 7 is GigaFest Austin. Similar to what they have in Berlin. Berlin’s was well before the factory actually opened.

well.... well..... after trying for 2 million times, I was actually able to edit my design using this link. It was not working, but I kept on clicking, and it suddenly showed up edit page. I changed color from white to silver, which added $1000. The new contract that I received in an email says order date March 25 (today), so who knows, it may push me back in the line. To be honest, at this point, there is no surety of getting it in May-June, so who knows. I'll keep on updating how this curveball is going to change things....... feels like new roller coaster.......
I hesitated to check this morning since I thought EDD may get pushed back a few months after last night's order modification. Fortunately, it is still the same, which obviously means nothing, but I'll take it as tiny good news.

I would think if production is starting first quarter of 2022 that by September or October 2022 they would be delivering the 4680 made Model Y. There are videos currently of the Texas factory making long range model Ys with 4680 battery pack. They aren’t delivering them but they are made.
They’re not MYP’s… but that doesn’t mean they’re MYLR either.

• Disagree
Reactions: MyEarHurts
Hi all I’m new here.
I figured I’d join because it seems like I’m going through the same things as everyone else.

MYLR MSM Black Interior Gemini Wheels, no add ons. Paying cash and no trade in.
OD 10/20/21
EDD March 8-April 5 and at the top it stated “we’re building your car”
That went away real fast and changed to April 21-May 19, check back later
Then this morning it’s really pushed back, May 19-June 23.

Could this be because I live in Upstate NY and they are prioritizing people closer to Fremont and are waiting for Austin to open for the East Coast?!

Thankfully I got my M3 LR and I have that to enjoy. Just adding MY to our family!!

Hi all I’m new here.
I figured I’d join because it seems like I’m going through the same things as everyone else.

MYLR MSM Black Interior Gemini Wheels, no add ons. Paying cash and no trade in.
OD 10/20/21
EDD March 8-April 5 and at the top it stated “we’re building your car”
That went away real fast and changed to April 21-May 19, check back later
Then this morning it’s really pushed back, May 19-June 23.

Could this be because I live in Upstate NY and they are prioritizing people closer to Fremont and are waiting for Austin to open for the East Coast?!

Thankfully I got my M3 LR and I have that to enjoy. Just adding MY to our family!!
Welcome. Sorry you got pushed back. I have an Aug 31 order date with a Nov 1 profile complete. Your EDD now falls within where my EDD has been for weeks. Since your date is 10 days before my profile complete date, seems you are right in line with me. My old EDD is around the same as yours. Good luck, you know they say, “good things come to those who wait.”

I’m just tired of waiting. Ready for my MY

Reactions: alyssavega3
Welcome. Sorry you got pushed back. I have an Aug 31 order date with a Nov 1 profile complete. Your EDD now falls within where my EDD has been for weeks. Since your date is 10 days before my profile complete date, seems you are right in line with me. My old EDD is around the same as yours. Good luck, you know they say, “good things come to those who wait.”

I’m just tired of waiting. Ready for my MY
Yes I’m tired of waiting as well!

My profile was complete the day I ordered it. After ordering a M3 in May of 2021, I knew to get things done ASAP.
In fact I got a phone call from my SA on January 23, 2022 going over my profile and making sure everything was OK and he said yep you’re good to go, we agreed on everything that was in it.

I have tried multiple times many different ways and I still can't get it to work. Darn, I was hoping. Would it do any good to speak with a SA? Are they able to make any changes?
Yup. Mine offered. Others have gone that route. And another in chat flatly said it was doable.
It takes me a try or two…using safari on Mac.
Chrome might be better choice. But it can be done either way.

• Disagree
Reactions: MyEarHurts