Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

October 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well I am hopeful that you will at least get yours when they say you will! Here is to hoping! I should have gone to the local store but they were closed. Oh well. Be patient I guess.
I know, I am working with an SA now to see if I change my configuration, can they quickly match a car from inventory and not paying the new price. I need to go back to the office starting April 4th, so I don't know what to do...🤞I get my car soon. Seeing many EDDs with the same date as mine pushed out this morning to May-June got me worried.
But at least we have an EDD to look forward to. When I ordered my ICE last year (now sold), we did not have any EDD. When I received the car, the dealership wanted to mark up $5K by adding some bogus options. So I think at least, we don't have to deal with that, but the chip shortage is getting worse, and Tesla has so many orders, and all the holds, rejects, etc... clouded the whole car delivery planning system.

I know, I am working with an SA now to see if I change my configuration, can they quickly match a car from inventory and not paying the new price. I need to go back to the office starting April 4th, so I don't know what to do...🤞I get my car soon. Seeing many EDDs with the same date as mine pushed out this morning to May-June got me worried.
But at least we have an EDD to look forward to. When I ordered my ICE last year (now sold), we did not have any EDD. When I received the car, the dealership wanted to mark up $5K by adding some bogus options. So I think at least, we don't have to deal with that, but the chip shortage is getting worse, and Tesla has so many orders, and all the holds, rejects, etc... clouded the whole car delivery planning system.
I emailed my SA that I have been in contact with to see if I can change my configuration to a Performance and pay the old price instead of current. I chose the 20 tires on my original so that would only be a like a 3k more if I can keep the old price. I can't do November. I got rid of my ICE daily driver in October when I originally ordered to help save for a big down payment. But now my other vehicle gets 9MPG and is killing me on fuel. And on top of that, my landlord is selling so I might have to move. Gotta love adulting!

I emailed my SA that I have been in contact with to see if I can change my configuration to a Performance and pay the old price instead of current. I chose the 20 tires on my original so that would only be a like a 3k more if I can keep the old price. I can't do November. I got rid of my ICE daily driver in October when I originally ordered to help save for a big down payment. But now my other vehicle gets 9MPG and is killing me on fuel. And on top of that, my landlord is selling so I might have to move. Gotta love adulting!
You can change it yourself. I tried the link below and it works, it takes couple of times but make sure it's this link... Very tempted to change to MYP since it's only 3K differences, but worried it may not help pulling in the EDD. Change the xxxx to your RN number.
www.tesla.com/teslaaccount/edit-design/RNxxxxxxxx

Reactions: HopefulCali
You can change it yourself. I tried the link below and it works, it takes couple of times but make sure it's this link... Very tempted to change to MYP since it's only 3K differences, but worried it may not help pulling in the EDD. Change the xxxx to your RN number.
Darn, I tried to copy the link and change the xxx and even highlighted and pasted then changed. It keeps taking me to my Dashboard instead of to a change page.

My late Oct 2021 order got bumped to Sept EDD and I couldn't be happier! (The opposite of everyone here... lol).

It was once an MYP order that I tried to transfer (at cost) to a desperate Tampa area person and that got blocked at the very end of delivery and thus the order returned back to me. You can now edit orders without pricing jumps and I picked the trim that Tesla seems to build the least of - base white MYLR :)

This is my backup order in case something happens to my current MYLR.

I ordered my model Y in October of 2021. My delivery estimate was first April, then May, then July, then August, then August-September and now it’s September to October 2022. It’s really frustrating that when you order a vehicle and expect a few months until delivery and it keeps getting pushed back with no reason really given. An entire year to wait for a vehicle is a long time, most will say in response well it could be delivered quicker but it makes it extremely difficult to plan for financing if you have no idea when the car is going to be delivered. Figured I would share my frustration here. The Spec I have is not the base model y long range, I did add white interior so I figured that would help with deliver times but it hasn’t. I have everything besides the financing already submitted so it’s not like they are waiting on me. My only hope at this point is if I have to wait, I will get the Texas made Model Y with the 4680 battery.

Spec:
MY LR
White exterior/white interior
Standard wheels
No hitch
No FSD

Attachments

• D6B905AC-539C-4693-85F5-DA6AE7C90E80.jpeg
    D6B905AC-539C-4693-85F5-DA6AE7C90E80.jpeg
    211.1 KB · Views: 87
Reactions: voxel
I ordered my model Y in October of 2021. My delivery estimate was first April, then May, then July, then August, then August-September and now it’s September to October 2022. It’s really frustrating that when you order a vehicle and expect a few months until delivery and it keeps getting pushed back with no reason really given. An entire year to wait for a vehicle is a long time, most will say in response well it could be delivered quicker but it makes it extremely difficult to plan for financing if you have no idea when the car is going to be delivered. Figured I would share my frustration here. The Spec I have is not the base model y long range, I did add white interior so I figured that would help with deliver times but it hasn’t. I have everything besides the financing already submitted so it’s not like they are waiting on me. My only hope at this point is if I have to wait, I will get the Texas made Model Y with the 4680 battery.

Spec:
MY LR
Standard wheels
No hitch
No FSD
4680 should appear at the mid of 2023

Reactions: advocate8

Spec:
MY LR
Standard wheels
No hitch
No FSD
You said you have everything besides financing. Make sure you select Cash as your payment method. If not, your profile is incomplete and usually does not give you EDD as the system things your not ready to take delivery. (Ya its stupid). When you get a VIN, your SA or online support can switch it to Finance. I bet by doing so, you will get a closer EDD. Also, for trade in, select No trade in, this can also be changed before delivery. Both of these expire and have to be renewed if set. Trade in offer is only good for 30 days and Finance offer is 60 days.

Same! I want to switch, but I'm afraid I'll be waiting until June/July.

This is totally new to me. I'm going to try it. Found a few link posted here to do it yourself, but none of them work for me. Going to call them and see what happens.
You have to try couple different ways. first off have Tesla site up and be logged in on different screen. then paste that stuff into browser which may auto populate some garbage ahead of the word tells, delete all prior to www.tesla etc and it should work. must fiddle a little.

• Disagree
Reactions: MyEarHurts
Wait, does this mean my MSM order can somehow get updated so I don't have to pay for it anymore? Asked SA a while back about this and he said no.
No. this all takes you to the exact same pricing scheme you ordered under.
someone trying to be clever said they might go back and change it to white then silver but that just adds the $1000 back on.

• Disagree
Reactions: MyEarHurts
You have to try couple different ways. first off have Tesla site up and be logged in on different screen. then paste that stuff into browser which may auto populate some garbage ahead of the word tells, delete all prior to www.tesla etc and it should work. must fiddle a little.
I have tried multiple times many different ways and I still can't get it to work. Darn, I was hoping. Would it do any good to speak with a SA? Are they able to make any changes?