Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

October 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i feel like we haven’t updated our EDD’s in a minute. what’s everyone’s EDD and OD. Please also include if you have FSD.
OD: 10/18, White, White/Black, 20in, FSD added 3/26,
EDD: July 12 - September 6
picking up from Jackson Mississippi showroom
OD/PC: 10/16
MYLR5, black/black, no tow, 20s, no FSD
Nashville
Original EDD: April 2022
Current EDD: 4/30-5/28… been sitting at this one for about 3 weeks

Hoping after April7 will see some east coast vin assignments but at this point just hoping to have it by a July beach trip 🤣

Any other TN ppl in here?

OD/PC: 10/16
MYLR5, black/black, no tow, 20s, no FSD
Nashville
Original EDD: April 2022
Current EDD: 4/30-5/28… been sitting at this one for about 3 weeks

Hoping after April7 will see some east coast vin assignments but at this point just hoping to have it by a July beach trip 🤣

Any other TN ppl in here?
Not in TN...but I fully agree with your East Coast sentiment! :cool:
Although, I spent 4 months in Nashville last year!

Reactions: PenPens
MYLR 7 seater, no FSD. Ordered October 23 2021. Original EDD July 2022. Moved to April-May 2022. Then moved to August 2022...then September 16-October 16. Now, it is saying October 2022-January 2023. What the heck man....we will get our car over a year after we ordered it????

MYLR 7 seater, no FSD. Ordered October 23 2021. Original EDD July 2022. Moved to April-May 2022. Then moved to August 2022...then September 16-October 16. Now, it is saying October 2022-January 2023. What the heck man....we will get our car over a year after we ordered it????
It seems like the 7 seater config gets pushed worse than most. At least you're in Cali so maybe you'll get caught up in one of those EOQ rushes where only Cali cars seem to get delivered.

It seems like the 7 seater config gets pushed worse than most. At least you're in Cali so maybe you'll get caught up in one of those EOQ rushes where only Cali cars seem to get delivered.
What is EOQ? Sorry...new to the forum and their are a lot of abbreviations to learn.

I am trying to schedule things as the trip is 5 hours away to pick it up. I am also trying to schedule PPF and a coating, tinting, etc.

The good news is that my wife and I get to save more money and purchase accessories and such.

VIN day NF407xxx 😁-- on Sunday 3/27, I got tired of waiting for MYLR, and also after riding in the MYP for last 3 weeks, the exceptionally nice handling and response, I decided to change to MYP MSM (because we got a MYP white already). I had to pay for the MSM color, because when I ordered it was $1000 more. After an EDD Jun-July2022 yesterday, this morning, wake up with VIN and EDD of 3/30 to 4/2. I could not be happier. Finally we got our MYP at the price that we would have paid in October, and not today's pricing.

I have an order in for a 7 seater with no FSD ordered on 10/31/2021 and I have seen may-June delivery dates for awhile now. I even added Tow package a bit less than a week ago via the order editing link and my date has not changed. I'd stop by the nearest service center or give them a call and make sure everything is okay and order paperwork is complete. Seems very odd that you keep being pushed out.

i just paid full price. i have the MYLR on order and the MYP and which ever one i get a vin for first is the car imma keep.
When was your OD? If you change your current MYLR order to a MYP I wouldn't be surprised if you received a VIN that same day AT the October MYP price if that's when you originally ordered. Tesla's algorithm takes your wait time into account when assigning GINs. If you're going to keep whichever of your 2 open orders gets ready first that means you can afford to pay for the MYP. You might as well change your MYLR order and that should guarantee you the fastest delivery.

Yes, Tesla is trying to maximize profit by delivering their higher margin orders at higher rates at the expense of their lower margin orders or orders they might be making little money or even losing money on. Remember last October Tesla raised prices substantially on all their vehicles and again twice this month. Any orders placed before October, I assume, Tesla is not incentivized to produce anytime soon since costs have shot up so aggressively since then. They just aren't making enough on the LRs.

My recommendation is change your order to a MYP at the price you would have paid when you placed the order in October. Call Tesla and ask them to change your order and ask them to verify you can do so at the price you would have received then. This will pull you to the front of the line. Additionally, if costs keep going up, Tesla might at some point remove the ability for one to change their MYLR to a MYP at the price they would have paid when they originally placed the order.

When was your OD? If you change your current MYLR order to a MYP I wouldn't be surprised if you received a VIN that same day AT the October MYP price if that's when you originally ordered. Tesla's algorithm takes your wait time into account when assigning GINs. If you're going to keep whichever of your 2 open orders gets ready first that means you can afford to pay for the MYP. You might as well change your MYLR order and that should guarantee you the fastest delivery.
i cancelled my MYP order because i wanted the october price. should i make the switch? i really wanted the FSD on the long range. but i can’t get the current performance price AND the FSD. too $$$$

i cancelled my MYP order because i wanted the october price. should i make the switch? i really wanted the FSD on the long range. but i can’t get the current performance price AND the FSD. too $$$$
If you were willing to get the MYP at current price, you can still probably get it at the old price with FSD and still only be a small increase over the current MYP Price. A MYP today is $63,690. A MYLR back in October was $53,990, (unless late oct after price increase and assuming no add ons.) FSD for an October order is $10k. So it should be almost a wash.

Personally, I dont think FSD will be ready for a few years yet so, to me, 10K or 12K today is not worth adding. I also don't drive long distances every day.

Reactions: beemboy
lol who wouldn’t want to get their tesla sooner? the longer i have my trade in vehicle the more the value is going down. and i don’t think anyone would want to wait a full year to get a car.
I changed my order yesterday to MYP, and received VIN this morning, EDD 3/30-4/2 and I got the price of October (roughly about $6K cheaper than today's price with color change to MSM). I am tired of the wait and EDD change, so thank you to Tesla to let me change my order, so I will receive MYP MSM by the end of this week. :D. So if you are on the fence between MYP and MYLR and want to get your car ASAP, I think the change is worth it, I heard FSD does not affect your EDD any longer. My signature has all the details.