Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

October 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I changed my order yesterday to MYP, and received VIN this morning, EDD 3/30-4/2 and I got the price of October (roughly about $6K cheaper than today's price with color change to MSM). I am tired of the wait and EDD change, so thank you to Tesla to let me change my order, so I will receive MYP MSM by the end of this week. :D. So if you are on the fence between MYP and MYLR and want to get your car ASAP, I think the change is worth it, I heard FSD does not affect your EDD any longer. My signature has all the details.
Silly question - What is MSM?

I changed my order yesterday to MYP, and received VIN this morning, EDD 3/30-4/2 and I got the price of October (roughly about $6K cheaper than today's price with color change to MSM). I am tired of the wait and EDD change, so thank you to Tesla to let me change my order, so I will receive MYP MSM by the end of this week. :D. So if you are on the fence between MYP and MYLR and want to get your car ASAP, I think the change is worth it, I heard FSD does not affect your EDD any longer. My signature has all the details.
did you change it on the app or did you call? i can’t get in touch with anyone on the phone

i cancelled my MYP order because i wanted the october price. should i make the switch? i really wanted the FSD on the long range. but i can’t get the current performance price AND the FSD. too $$$$

I could make the switch to MYP and just use Tesla's FSD subscription option to order FSD for $200 for a month period for whenever you need it. That what I plan to do.

Reactions: BGOwner
trying to use the link, keeps bringing me to dashboard. keep trying?
Yes, you need to login first, open a new tab, put in the link and your RN number, before hit enter, make sure that's the link, there is no additional text. I should work. Keep on trying, copy and paste the link, and change the RN. Another the trick, is copy the link into a note pad, then change your RN there, then keep on putting the same link (after login). I tried it 3 times last night, then finally it took me to order page, and I was able to change it. The scary part is that after changing it, I got an EDD of June-July22, but it updated this morning with VIN. In my case, it could be because I am in Ca, so I am benefited from the EOQ order also.
This is the link that I used: www.tesla.com/teslaaccount/edit-design/RNxxxxxxxx
I logon to Tesla.com first on my PC, then open a new tab, enter this link www.tesla.com/teslaaccount/edit-design/RNxxxxxxxx (change RNxxxx to your RNnumber), then check to make sure my browser did not enter any funny information, then hit enter, and the edit order page comes up. Good luck to all. I know the wait is hard, but hang in there, you will love the car.

Last edited:
Reactions: JDL@h and patb23in
From what I’ve seen on here, west coast people with older ODs like yours who change to MYP have gotten their VINs almost immediately. I’m sure partially because of the EOQ push.
Disappointing news from my SA this morning. I called to inquire about upgrading to MYP at October pricing. He basically said “it might be $60k or it might be $68k, we won’t know until we make the change and then it’s too late to switch back.” Seems insane that Tesla’s own SAs don’t know pricing policies.

He was also, strangely, able to tell me the exact date that I’m currently scheduled to get a VIN (May 2).

Disappointing news from my SA this morning. I called to inquire about upgrading to MYP at October pricing. He basically said “it might be $60k or it might be $68k, we won’t know until we make the change and then it’s too late to switch back.” Seems insane that Tesla’s own SAs don’t know pricing policies.

He was also, strangely, able to tell me the exact date that I’m currently scheduled to get a VIN (May 2).
Disappointing is not the right word, imo. He seems uninformed. His answer should at least be one or the other. Even if one is wrong. Its his job to know, or at least think he knows.

Jeez...my SA always says "i have no more information about your delivery date than you. Look online or in the app"

what!! he told you when you are getting your vin?! that’s crazy

It's too easy for you to believe in humans lol

I called the local Tesla showroom number on Saturday and obviously it forwards to a common call center, and answers vary all over the board. The "SA" I spoke with about my November order MYLR said "Probably not going to come from Austin, because their priority is CyberTruck." I think they make up whatever sounds good.

Reactions: BGOwner
How are u able to get a hold of SA. i've been trying and it went to my local Tesla Store and the agent said we will reach out when my vehicle is ready and don't need to contact us now.
I went to one of my local Tesla Stores, takes to someone there and got a test drive. He then walked me through the ordering and gave me his email. He responds to me usually within 24 hrs of my emails.

I heard you can go into online chat and ask who your SA is, and will get one assigned if not already. Personally the guy you talk to at the dealership, I would’ve asked what his name is and said congratulations you are my SA.

did you change it on the app or did you call? i can’t get in touch with anyone on the phone
I was never able to use the shortcut to make the change. I read on a different TMC thread that the reason was because I had Financing chosen. Once that is chosen you are unable to make any changes because you will have already gotten financing at that point and it would change the price so negate the finance deal. I called up Tesla and spoke to a great person and asked to be changed to cash. Once that was done, I could change anything I wanted. And I did! I changed MYLR to MYP but my date did not change. Mine is still sitting at Sept 14-Nov 9th. Oh well. I really really hope that it changes!

I was never able to use the shortcut to make the change. I read on a different TMC thread that the reason was because I had Financing chosen. Once that is chosen you are unable to make any changes because you will have already gotten financing at that point and it would change the price so negate the finance deal. I called up Tesla and spoke to a great person and asked to be changed to cash. Once that was done, I could change anything I wanted. And I did! I changed MYLR to MYP but my date did not change. Mine is still sitting at Sept 14-Nov 9th. Oh well. I really really hope that it changes!
The number I called to get the cash option was the 87715tesla number. Then it was option 1, option 1, why are you calling (change to cash option), then type your zip code. Then it transferred me to a person.

My EDD was May 10-June 72 weeks ago, I added FSD and about 10 days later by EDD moved to April 2-30. Today it moved to 2 week window April 7-21.
A few days ago I got a text asking about trade in

I am getting model y long range red/white 7 seater , upgraded wheels

It seems to be getting closer!!

Reactions: Aviateur17