Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

October 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
officially goes to one year time frame. This is not fun. Used to be if you are customer and wants to spend money, they treat you like God.
Are you sure there isn’t something wrong with your profile? Have you called your SA about it? Seems suspicious that your EDD keeps getting the generic “June” update and then being pushed back over and over again.

Edit: oops I guess that’s directed at the person you quoted

officially goes to one year time frame. This is not fun. Used to be if you are customer and wants to spend money, they treat you like God.
Yep, while I understand for Tesla demand > supply, it's also one of the largest purchase in ones life, could get a little respect / appreciation towards our hard work to fund the company & give them our business. While I hate dealership, Tesla's alternative don't look good either. It's either being really annoyed by sales for a day & get it over with, or wait for a looonnnngggg time (possibly a year for some now) & get annoyed / bother on updates / lack of communication & uncertainties.

One day later. EDD changed from June to 8/30 to 10/25. Egh….

Model Y LR - 5 seat
White exterior
White interior
20” Induction
Tow
No FSD

Order Date - 10/3/2021
Original EDD - April 2022
10/5 - March 20 to April 17
10/12 - March 6 to April 3
Early Jan - June
2/13 - Feb 27 to March 13
2/18 - June
2/22 - June 20 or July 18
2/26 - June
3/12 - September 18 to October 16
3/28 - June
3/29 - August 30 to October 25
same config as you minus tow and added FSD. EDD- 7/12-9/6

Reactions: MizzleD
this may not be the right thread for the question but… should i get my home charger installed before or after getting the car? my friend who has a model x said to wait until i have the car to make sure it’s working but on the tesla website it says to have it prior to delivery. thoughts??

this may not be the right thread for the question but… should i get my home charger installed before or after getting the car? my friend who has a model x said to wait until i have the car to make sure it’s working but on the tesla website it says to have it prior to delivery. thoughts??
I got mine done just after the first of the year, no car yet. So I went before, that way, it was done when car came. While I couldnt test, I can call and say hey, this is not working when I do. That said, it really depends on each person. I could have waited as from time I called to have the work done and it got done was a week. Took me longer to get all the quotes. Even then, I have a super charger a few miles from my house, so worst case, I could go over there until it was installed.

Personally, I rather have it done and out of the way.

Reactions: alyssavega3
Are you sure there isn’t something wrong with your profile? Have you called your SA about it? Seems suspicious that your EDD keeps getting the generic “June” update and then being pushed back over and over again.

Edit: oops I guess that’s directed at the person you quoted
I have had two phone calls to Tesla and I went to the dealer on Saturday. There’s nothing wrong; I just have to wait.

So I just got a call that I didn’t answer and then text from Tesla asking about trade-in info. Based on other’s experience in this forum and Facebook groups, this doesn’t imply anything correct? I’m trying not to get all excited for nothing.

OD 10/6 MYLR/White/White 5 seat
3/20 Updated to 7 seater
Current EDD Apr 14-May 12

So I just got a call that I didn’t answer and then text from Tesla asking about trade-in info. Based on other’s experience in this forum and Facebook groups, this doesn’t imply anything correct? I’m trying not to get all excited for nothing.

3/20 Updated to 7 seater
We made the reservation on the same day :D😆

3/20 Updated to 7 seater
I received that text when I was 2 weeks away from my EDD back in mid-February. As you can see, my EDD now is 8/30 to 10/25. Good luck!

We made the reservation on the same day :D😆
😃 😃
Funny story, I actually was ordering on Oct 5 after 11pm. Price was 54K. I finished configuring my car and clicked place order… the system froze for a while and kept churning… a minute later I got a pop up saying I need to refresh and try again as there have been some changes to the website. I refreshed and tried to order again but the total was up by 1K. They literally increased the price by 1K while I was on the website ordering. I went to twitter to see if anybody was taking about it but no one even knew there was a price hike. I was so upset I went to sleep without ordering. I woke up with everyone on YouTube and Facebook talking about the price hike. 😤
I begrudgingly ordered couple of hours later that morning. I thought I was so unlucky. Boy, am I glad I ordered anyway. lol

😃 😃
Funny story, I actually was ordering on Oct 5 after 11pm. Price was 54K. I finished configuring my car and clicked place order… the system froze for a while and kept churning… a minute later I got a pop up saying I need to refresh and try again as there have been some changes to the website. I refreshed and tried to order again but the total was up by 1K. They literally increased the price by 1K while I was on the website ordering. I went to twitter to see if anybody was taking about it but no one even knew there was a price hike. I was so upset I went to sleep without ordering. I woke up with everyone on YouTube and Facebook talking about the price hike. 😤
I begrudgingly ordered couple of hours later that morning. I thought I was so unlucky. Boy, am I glad I ordered anyway. lol
Lol will open in Austin after the 7th of next month. We should all get Tesla in advance!🤗🚙

Reactions: AbeTes
Evening everyone… since we are all in the waiting game together I thought I’d ask a question and see if anyone knew. I have a ChargePoint charger at my work and I was wondering if the standard charger will work for MYLR or if I need to purchase and adapter in advance to work with the ChargePoint hub
Got my 2022 Model Y today and still comes with a J1772 adapter!