Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

October 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My wife called Tesla because we got a three month EDD window...over a year after we ordered the vehicle(OD: Oct 2021, EDD Oct 22-Jan 23): . They told my wife that Tesla was doing some sort of update this week and that delivery windows would be addressed. Has anyone else heard this?
Nope. But SAs tend to know very little and lots of times, hear about changes after we do. Tesla is not only bad about communicating to its Customers, but also to its people in the Field.

IMO, only reason your EDD should be pushed out so far as if something is missing. Maybe expired Payment method if you selected Finance, Recommend Cash until you get a VIN. Or expired Trade in Offer, select No Trade in and if you want one, update it after you get VIN. If both of those are ok, someone posted they had uploaded insurance way back when they ordered and it was now expired and that was the cause of their push out. Only heard this once so not 100% sure it could cause an issue. I had uploaded my Insurance back in November, but it doesn't expire until July so have not had that issue.

I just emailed my girl haha! Would hate to lose out on one just because it has a tow or something and I didn’t get one. Great advice!
I used to call almost every 2-3 days and talk to different sales folks at that Center. I just happened to be lucky when one of the person called me back with different config on that day (upgraded config not MYP).

Nope. But SAs tend to know very little and lots of times, hear about changes after we do. Tesla is not only bad about communicating to its Customers, but also to its people in the Field.

IMO, only reason your EDD should be pushed out so far as if something is missing. Maybe expired Payment method if you selected Finance, Recommend Cash until you get a VIN. Or expired Trade in Offer, select No Trade in and if you want one, update it after you get VIN. If both of those are ok, someone posted they had uploaded insurance way back when they ordered and it was now expired and that was the cause of their push out. Only heard this once so not 100% sure it could cause an issue. I had uploaded my Insurance back in November, but it doesn't expire until July so have not had that issue.
SO, my payment method is expired. I spoke to the SA and we didn't want to keep getting our credit run, so we let it expire. The SA said the expired payment method didn't matter. So, we can switch to cash payment, and then switch to finance after we get a VIN? My wife was leery about having our credit run so often.

SO, my payment method is expired. I spoke to the SA and we didn't want to keep getting our credit run, so we let it expire. The SA said the expired payment method didn't matter. So, we can switch to cash payment, and then switch to finance after we get a VIN? My wife was leery about having our credit run so often.
Your wife is right. Even a small hit is a hit on credit report. Too many and could affect your Finance rate. Set it to Cash. Once you get a VIN, then have SA change to Finance again. SA should have told you this but well.... not all seem to be on the ball.

Just got this a bit ago. Very interesting.
Screenshot_20220330-113219_Messages.jpg

Thank you for the advice. We changed to cash payment and my delivery date moved to June 14-July 26 in about two hours time.

My SA replied with a MYP in blue. Used as a test drive vehicle so a little bit of a price break. Real kicker is it has to be picked up in Pearl, MS today or tomorrow ha! I clearly passed because I don’t really want a MYP and getting to MS when I have a job and 2 small kids is impossible. 🙃

But FYI if anyone close to MS is interested!
i got offered that same car too! i passed and 2 days later got my exact config! omw to pick up now in pearl ms

When I got our 3 in 2019 between vin assignment and delivery It took something like 10 days.
A data point from 2019 when Tesla was begging people to buy their cars is useless.
It just shows how bad Tesla has gotten over the years with their ability to scale up to demand. They provided great customer support and were able to deliver quickly when they were a small car company. Once the 3 and Y created demand, they have gone down the tube and lost their way. They are no better than any other scummy car dealership now. Money and profits over doing what’s right for the customer. The Q1 push has exemplified this. Prioritize those customers who are willing to pay more for FSD or a Performance model, even if people have been waiting a year or more. Even worse is giving VINs, then reassigning those cars away to people closer to Fremont to bump EOQ numbers.