Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

October 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Mom4- I thought your EDD is sometime in December- did it change? (sorry I didn't notice your ED change in other threads)

It is frustrating for me - it's been close to 100 days since I ordered (I know a few out there with more than 100 days) and my EDD says March 12- April 09.
Yup, it was Dec 15-31, then Dec 21-31, Dec 24-31, then on Christmas day changed to March- April. I was so upset, and the main reason is that on Dec 14 I walked into the local Tesla asked them if this is accurate, they said yes is it is " our main goal is to get you this car this year", I went applied for a loan, got insurance quote, and when everything was lined up got pushed to March 16- April 13. A hard inquiry on my credit for no reason. Is very unorganized in my opinion .

You are not alone. Mine OD is 10/5 and I am sitting on March 06 - April 03 for a long long while.
Originally my EDD was similar, I never called, never pushed for earlier EDD, they changed it to December, and local Tesla told me is accurate. I applied for a loan only to have it change back to March/April two days later. I do not want multiple hits on my credit, that's what really upset me.

Yup, it was Dec 15-31, then Dec 21-31, Dec 24-31, then on Christmas day changed to March- April. I was so upset, and the main reason is that on Dec 14 I walked into the local Tesla asked them if this is accurate, they said yes is it is " our main goal is to get you this car this year", I went applied for a loan, got insurance quote, and when everything was lined up got pushed to March 16- April 13. A hard inquiry on my credit for no reason. Is very unorganized in my opinion .
I agree with you 100% and the same response I got from my local sales person. Advised to apply for a loan already and everything and now for nothing. Mine is now on March 20-April16 EDD.

Did you get a VIN when you start applying the loan? Is the EDD can still dramatically change even a VIN is assigned?
Nope, but my EDD changed from March/April to December 15-31, then kept getting narrower, I even got a text from Tesla saying that they are building the car in December, asking if I'm ready for it in December. I went to local Tesla (Rocklin) and they told me to apply and get insurance lined up, so I did, on the 24th loan was approved, insurance quote in place, then on Dec 25th EDD jumped back to March/April. I am very disappointed with their customer service. When you spend over 80k on a car I don't think is too much to get a more accurate timeline.

• Informative
Reactions: coolzai
After reviewing my profile on the computer (rather than the app) it unveiled that my finance offer had expired, which I’m guessing set my profile back to an “incomplete” state. I just resubmitted everything so we’ll see if that brings the delivery estimate back down.
You should set it to CASH until you get your VIN, then SA can change it to Financing. This will prevent un-needed and multiple Credit Inquires and that happening yet again as it expires after 60 days.

Reactions: orion2001
MYLR +MSM +tow
ordered 9oct
estimated delivery dates:
9oct: 20mar-12apr
20oct: 18feb-18march
25nov: 14jan-11feb
5dec: 11mar-8apr
13dec: 25feb-25mar (still unchanged as of 1/3/2022)

Was getting impatient, so browsed existing inventory and stumbled across
MYLR +red +20"Induction +tow
ordered 1/1/2022
delivery date: 1/7/2022

But I am now getting cold feet and considering canceling the red one and forfeiting the $250
I was planning on wrapping the car, so the red is wasted and makes for a poor base for wrapping.
I really dont want the 20"Induction wheels, since I do a fair bit of rutted roads, indeed I plan on lifting it ~1" with UPP coilover.
My current ICE car is unreliable and dying.
Red MYLR is $7k more than the original order of what I want.
But I can have it now.

Three days to make up my mind.

Can I get the red one now and trade it in for the silver?

MYLR +MSM +tow
ordered 9oct
estimated delivery dates:
9oct: 20mar-12apr
20oct: 18feb-18march
25nov: 14jan-11feb
5dec: 11mar-8apr
13dec: 25feb-25mar (still unchanged as of 1/3/2022)

Was getting impatient, so browsed existing inventory and stumbled across
MYLR +red +20"Induction +tow
ordered 1/1/2022
delivery date: 1/7/2022

But I am now getting cold feet and considering canceling the red one and forfeiting the $250
I was planning on wrapping the car, so the red is wasted and makes for a poor base for wrapping.
I really dont want the 20"Induction wheels, since I do a fair bit of rutted roads, indeed I plan on lifting it ~1" with UPP coilover.
My current ICE car is unreliable and dying.
Red MYLR is $7k more than the original order of what I want.
But I can have it now.

Three days to make up my mind.

Can I get the red one now and trade it in for the silver?
May get more for the Red one from a used car dealer. Carmax, Carvana or something like that. I hear used Teslas are selling for more than new.