Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

October 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Finally joined after reading this forum since October.

Config: MYLR, Red, White Interior, 19"
OD: 10/21/2021
Profile complete: 10/21/2021
Current EDD: May 21-June 18 (It was Mar 6-31st for the longest time)

Haven't seen any red Ys out of Austin yet unfortunately.
Mine and yours are similar.
I’m in Allen Texas
Mine is Red, black interior, YLR, black wheels, 7 sear, no tow, autopilot
OD 10-20-21
EDD was mostly March/April, had a Feb/March, then April/May, then March/April again and now Current EDD is 5/10 - 6/7

OD 10/07/21 -- MYLR5, White ext, Black int, 19" gemini wheels, tow

Just got my VIN assigned in the past couple hours, but haven't been contacted for a delivery date yet. Located in the SF Bay Area.
I’m curious, were you in your EDD window when you got your VIN? I have the same order as you except no tow, order date 9/25, and am also in the Bay Area. My EDD recently was pushed out to 3/21, and just trying to read the tea leaves on what to expect.

Reactions: burningember
I’m curious, were you in your EDD window when you got your VIN? I have the same order as you except no tow, order date 9/25, and am also in the Bay Area. My EDD recently was pushed out to 3/21, and just trying to read the tea leaves on what to expect.
My EDD is still showing Mar 11-20, though it narrowed earlier today from Mar 11-30.

My VIN block is F398xxx. Anything in particular I should be looking for besides Ryzen and lithium battery?

Reactions: pepperoni
Can’t help but worry that Tesla decision in last day or so to explicitly say new orders with FSD get priority will affect those of us who didn’t check that box. MYLR with other options but no FSD now has an EDD three months later than one with.... A base model with zero other options has an EDD 6 months sooner.

EDD prediction already was like reading tea leaves... and mine has been pushed repeatedly and now is as much as 5 months later than EDD at order. This is BS.

Reactions: ChrisUli
Can’t help but worry that Tesla decision in last day or so to explicitly say new orders with FSD get priority will affect those of us who didn’t check that box. MYLR with other options but no FSD now has an EDD three months later than one with.... A base model with zero other options has an EDD 6 months sooner.

EDD prediction already was like reading tea leaves... and mine has been pushed repeatedly and now is as much as 5 months later than EDD at order. This is BS.
Yeah, this is B.S. It's getting frustrating and very discouraging.

100% agree, but I am sure it is also a way to get people to order FSD, buy it and get your car faster. Then again, we all pretty much knew this before they officially said it.

100% agree, but I am sure it is also a way to get people to order FSD, buy it and get your car faster. Then again, we all pretty much knew this before they officially said it.
All true. There’s smug twitter traffic about ordering with FSD and then cancelling FSD when you get a VIN, but what is likely 1) more people will start doing that and 2) Tesla will change the rule to bar dropping it, leaving a bunch of folks holding the bag for $12K worth of whatever you want to call it they didn’t really want.

I know there’s endless disagreement on the value of FSD and people who want it make good, valid arguments... and have the money. but it’s just not for me. I’d pay maybe $500 for it unless it actually was “full”... something that doesn’t see eminent in my lifetime. and even then, I might go $1000.

All true. There’s smug twitter traffic about ordering with FSD and then cancelling FSD when you get a VIN, but what is likely 1) more people will start doing that and 2) Tesla will change the rule to bar dropping it, leaving a bunch of folks holding the bag for $12K.

I know there’s endless disagreement on the value of FSD and people who want it make good sense. but it’s just not for me. I’d pay maybe $500 for it unless it actually was “full”... something that doesn’t see eminent. and even then, I might go $1000.
I won't be bullied into ordering FSD or anything I don't want for that matter. Just respect the queue.

I've been sitting at March 11-31 EDD with a 10/1 OD for a couple months now with no change at all. Tomorrow I enter my EDD range but am nervous that instead of something good happening, I'll get bumped out a month or 2. Definitely don't have the FSD box checked but I didn't order the base model. There were some upgrades that give me little hope.

I've been sitting at March 11-31 EDD with a 10/1 OD for a couple months now with no change at all. Tomorrow I enter my EDD range but am nervous that instead of something good happening, I'll get bumped out a month or 2. Definitely don't have the FSD box checked but I didn't order the base model. There were some upgrades that give me little hope.
I agree, based on some excel and some notes from other members, i don't know which queue is reliable and what's the process they are following is it FIFO or random

Reactions: burningember
I talked to a Tesla employee via online chat yesterday and he sees no reason why my car would be delayed. Mentioned all of the parts need for my build are not on back order or delayed and most people receive their cars 6 months after ordering. With a 9/30 order date he confirmed that my EDD of 3/22-3/31 is accurate and should be expecting a VIN soon.

I updated my milage on my trade in last night, been 30 days, and woke up this morning to June Jail!!!

So I'm hoping you don't fall in here with me.

I talked to a Tesla employee via online chat yesterday and he sees no reason why my car would be delayed. Mentioned all of the parts need for my build are not on back order or delayed and most people receive their cars 6 months after ordering. With a 9/30 order date he confirmed that my EDD of 3/22-3/31 is accurate and should be expecting a VIN soon.

I updated my milage on my trade in last night, been 30 days, and woke up this morning to June Jail!!!

So I'm hoping you don't fall in here with me.
it will surely be short-lived... hang in there....