Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

October 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I talked to a Tesla employee via online chat yesterday and he sees no reason why my car would be delayed. Mentioned all of the parts need for my build are not on back order or delayed and most people receive their cars 6 months after ordering. With a 9/30 order date he confirmed that my EDD of 3/22-3/31 is accurate and should be expecting a VIN soon.

I updated my milage on my trade in last night, been 30 days, and woke up this morning to June Jail!!!

So I'm hoping you don't fall in here with me.
Had the same thing happen to me recently. The original offer on my trade-in expired, so after waiting a bit (since trade-in offers expire after some time), I updated the mileage and accepted new offer based on my original EDD, then my EDD was revised to a month later than original date. Don't know if that was the culprit for the change, as I've seen others with my OD being pushed back also, but was really hoping I would be part of the EOQ push crowd... Oh well, the wait continues...

I’ve been stuck on “June 2022” since Friday and nothing yet 😩. Been checking throughout the day in case a VIN pops up, but no luck yet.
Log in on web and make sure your finance offer hasn’t expired if you didn’t set to cash. I decided after the second expiration to say “f*** it” and set to cash.

Apparently you can change once the vin is assigned. Who knew? 😄

Log in on web and make sure your finance offer hasn’t expired if you didn’t set to cash. I decided after the second expiration to say “f*** it” and set to cash.

Apparently you can change once the vin is assigned. Who knew? 😄
We’ve been set to cash and no trade in since October. Went from Feb-Mar to TBD when we had carrier direct, to Apr-May, to Jun-Jul, to May 2-30, and now to June 2022. I suspect I’m just not going to make the EOQ push and they haven’t figured out where to put me yet… hoping for an update tomorrow morning!

I talked to a Tesla employee via online chat yesterday and he sees no reason why my car would be delayed. Mentioned all of the parts need for my build are not on back order or delayed and most people receive their cars 6 months after ordering. With a 9/30 order date he confirmed that my EDD of 3/22-3/31 is accurate and should be expecting a VIN soon.

I updated my milage on my trade in last night, been 30 days, and woke up this morning to June Jail!!!

So I'm hoping you don't fall in here with me.
I ordered mine on October 1st and my date is showing April 19th - May 17th. It was showing Feb 15th to March. Then changed to March - April. Now April - May.

Austin based. White exterior. Black interior. Long Range. Induction wheels. Cash purchase. No Trade.

Every time I talk to a tesla employee my date gets pushed further.

Model 3 RWD - White, Aero wheels, Black interior.

Order date 10/26/21

First EDD: September 2022
Second EDD: 2 May- 2 June 2022
Third EDD: March 17 - March 30

Spoke to a Tesla sales guy and four days later

Fourth EDD: April - May

I message the same guy about this, he says he’ll look into it, didn’t hear back from him and boom

Fifth EDD: May 28 - June 28

And now I’m back to September 2022 EDD. Not messaging anyone, it comes when it comes i guess.

These dates are a joke given a current order of the same car right now says August 2022 on the website. I’m Quebec Based so I’m referring to the Canadian site.

Reactions: advocate8
I ordered mine on October 1st and my date is showing April 19th - May 17th. It was showing Feb 15th to March. Then changed to March - April. Now April - May.

Austin based. White exterior. Black interior. Long Range. Induction wheels. Cash purchase. No Trade.
Just curious how do you know it's Austin Based is there any difference from where it's being built. can you please throw some light

OD 10/07/21 -- MYLR5, White ext, Black int, 19" gemini wheels, tow

Just got my VIN assigned in the past couple hours, but haven't been contacted for a delivery date yet. Located in the SF Bay Area.
I'm scheduled to take delivery this Saturday, 3/12.

The week started with a Mar 11-30 delivery window, and appears to be ending with an actual vehicle delivery. Things can change quickly it seems.

Also, FWIW, I never received any phone calls, emails, or text notifications -- if I didn't check the app, who knows what would have happened?

I'm scheduled to take delivery this Saturday, 3/12.

The week started with a Mar 11-30 delivery window, and appears to be ending with an actual vehicle delivery. Things can change quickly it seems.

Also, FWIW, I never received any phone calls, emails, or text notifications -- if I didn't check the app, who knows what would have happened?
Lol crazy to think you could’ve just missed a nearly 6 month wait.

I'm about to celebrate 6-month order anniversary - MYLR, 7-seater, white exterior, black interior, 19 Gemini, no tow, no FSD.

1. Order Placed: October 10, 2021 (Don't remember, but I think EDD was June).
2. Profile Complete: October 12, 2021.
3. Requested trade-in estimate and declined offer around October 20, 2021.
4. Oct 22, 2021: March 3 - March 31
5. Nov 10, 2021: June
6. Dec 9, 2021: April 4 - May 2
7. Dec 17, 2021: June
8. Dec 22, 2021: March 10 - April 7
9. Dec 26, 2021: June
10. Jan 21, 2022: May 17 - June 14
11. Jan 25, 2022: April 21 - May 19
12. Feb 14, 2022: June 15 - July 13
13. Feb 28, 2022: June
14. March 3, 2022: June 7 - July 5

I haven't checked everyday, so it is quite possible that I may have missed a few updates.
This morning it went back to generic "June"

I ordered mine on oct. 17 with the same EDD as you! I wonder if they are just going to pump out Austin orders in the same time frame. So weird to understand.

I was going through this group for different orders and what i've noticed is the delivery date is not based on your Order date. it just depends on your luck i believe. i'm seeing vehicles delivered or in pending delivery in all different combinations.

While looking at my order and trying to poke at it to get it to do something, I noticed that I have the option to add FSD for $10k, which is what it was when I ordered. Does anyone else see that? I was expecting it to be $12k, but perhaps that’s just for orders placed after the price increase.

I was going through this group for different orders and what i've noticed is the delivery date is not based on your Order date. it just depends on your luck i believe. i'm seeing vehicles delivered or in pending delivery in all different combinations.
Seems like it would have to be based on the logistics of moving vehicles from one place to another most efficiently. It would be interesting to see the frequency of these shipments, and to what locations.

Seems like it would have to be based on the logistics of moving vehicles from one place to another most efficiently. It would be interesting to see the frequency of these shipments, and to what locations.
Probably more like two drunken baboons throwing darts at a paper chart on a wall somewhere in the bowels of the Fremont operation.

Every time I talk to a tesla employee my date gets pushed further.

Model 3 RWD - White, Aero wheels, Black interior.

Order date 10/26/21

First EDD: September 2022
Second EDD: 2 May- 2 June 2022
Third EDD: March 17 - March 30

Spoke to a Tesla sales guy and four days later

Fourth EDD: April - May

I message the same guy about this, he says he’ll look into it, didn’t hear back from him and boom

Fifth EDD: May 28 - June 28

And now I’m back to September 2022 EDD. Not messaging anyone, it comes when it comes i guess.

These dates are a joke given a current order of the same car right now says August 2022 on the website. I’m Quebec Based so I’m referring to the Canadian site.
You are posting in the Model Y forum, FYI.