Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

October 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Probably more like two drunken baboons throwing darts at a paper chart on a wall somewhere in the bowels of the Fremont operation.
PMSL. Probably not far from the truth. I was watching a Youtube video the other day of of a young couple who took delivery of the exact same spec that I have ordered. They took delivery in late Feb. I asked them via comments when they had ordered and they confirmed November. I ordered October 1st and my ETA is currently April 19th to mid May. I am in Austin, they are in Florida. I cannot understand how the monkeys decide who gets it when.

I meant I live in Austin area. Seems our location impacts delivery.
Nope, no indication that Austin area impacts delivery. But Texas, and Michigan, have Unique laws about Automakers selling direct in the state, so they need to pay for the car before its delivered into state.

BTW, it's the same with Fremont cars to Texas, difference is, they are already out of state. So you pay for it before they deliver it

Saw in news if you add full FSD shorts EDD two months, has anyone added this after OD and dis it move up date?
We added it about a week ago on our blue MYLR7 we ordered a couple of weeks ago, and yesterday it changed from “August 2022” to “May 2022”. We may end up switching to post-delivery subscription instead, but we’ll make that call as we get closer.

Not sure how you will change to post delivery subscription when they want to 12k paid on delivery?
We’d try to see if we could switch after getting a VIN, or we might cancel FSD before getting a VIN and getting the subscription afterwards. It’ll have the computer either way, the actual FSD is a software feature.

MYLR: White/White/7seat/tow/gemini OD: 9/28, modified 10/1 adding tow EDD: Mar/Apr -> Feb/Mar -> Mar/Apr -> June -> Mar/Apr (12/17) -> Feb/Mar (12/25) -> June (1/5) -> Feb27/Mar27 (1/15) -> Apr12/May10 (2/4) -> June (3/10) -> July30/Aug27 (3/12)

After I posted this, I got an email from Tesla stating there was an error and a note of apology. They also confirmed they have a vehicle ready right now and can schedule the delivery for Monday or Tuesday. Account was also updated with VIN. Seriously? How can I wait till Monday? That is too long. so emailed Tesla back that I would like to take delivery today or tomorrow and got it scheduled for tomorrow 11am.

View attachment 776750
It has been a crazy work week so could not post my delivery and car experience. We named the car "e-star", e for electric and "star" comprises of first letter of my family members' name. I got DCU auto finance approved on the Friday before delivery and they confirmed I would get a copy of the check on my email the same day, but did not get it. I had to be on call waiting for DCU twice on Friday till 8pm to learn that they could not do that and would be able to do that only on Monday. I texted Tesla about it and they were definite about delivery only after they have a copy of the check. We went to the delivery appointment on Saturday everything ready including my personal check. I also called DCU 1 hour before we started to SC and was on hold music with wait time of 45 minutes. When I reached SC, SA at Devon again asked for the copy of the check. At that time I had the DCU loan advisor on the call and he said he can try talking to SA. SA still didn't budge. So I decided to go with Tesla lending partners and requested DCU to change my application to refinance. Paperwork took 10 minutes and finally we were introduced to e-star. With the help of my 9 year old son, I tried to do the checklist and 25% away to complete it, we both lost our patience and ditched the checklist. There were no issues except for some spot cleaning that the SA was glad to fix. Drive back home was breeze.

That weekend I didn't get a chance to explore as my kids held the control of e-star(pin to drive set). Wife was control during the week for school pickup/drops and groceries. Hoping to get my time this weekend with her. Wish me luck.

Here is our e-star

1647098865794.png

First time posting here. Pretty disappointed with the experience, here's my story so far, sorry if it comes of as a rant.

Order date: 10/24/21
Initial ED: May 2022
Earlier this year: June 2022

Here's the story, when I initially ordered, I was told by Tesla employees to hold the financing option for now until closer delivery date as financing expires 30-60 days and will have to rereun my credit which hurts my credit score. Obviously I waited and have emailed my advisor along the way to seek more info about the financing info, but NEVER GOTTEN BACK TO ME. As we inch closer to June, I'm getting excited for my vehicle so I'm starting to look at the forums (here) to see what others who order around the same time range, what their ED is, how are they prepping for delivery & what to do on delivery from experienced owner only to then find out I have select the cash option instead of leaving the financing option waiting. I have selected the cash option earlier this week and guess what I woke up to this morning? ED August 15th - September 12th. I have heard of Tesla's lack of communication issue, but way worse than I thought. It almost felt like I got cheated on, where I waited five months for nothing. If I ordered the same configuration today, the estimated delivery is still "September 2022" based on the configurator, almost felt like I ordered today, pretty upset tbh. Felt like again, I've waited five months for nothing and I've lost an entire summer / season with plans on the vehicle.

Build: LR
Exterior: Midnight Silver
Wheels: 19 inch
Interior: White

It has been a crazy work week so could not post my delivery and car experience. We named the car "e-star", e for electric and "star" comprises of first letter of my family members' name. I got DCU auto finance approved on the Friday before delivery and they confirmed I would get a copy of the check on my email the same day, but did not get it. I had to be on call waiting for DCU twice on Friday till 8pm to learn that they could not do that and would be able to do that only on Monday. I texted Tesla about it and they were definite about delivery only after they have a copy of the check. We went to the delivery appointment on Saturday everything ready including my personal check. I also called DCU 1 hour before we started to SC and was on hold music with wait time of 45 minutes. When I reached SC, SA at Devon again asked for the copy of the check. At that time I had the DCU loan advisor on the call and he said he can try talking to SA. SA still didn't budge. So I decided to go with Tesla lending partners and requested DCU to change my application to refinance. Paperwork took 10 minutes and finally we were introduced to e-star. With the help of my 9 year old son, I tried to do the checklist and 25% away to complete it, we both lost our patience and ditched the checklist. There were no issues except for some spot cleaning that the SA was glad to fix. Drive back home was breeze.

That weekend I didn't get a chance to explore as my kids held the control of e-star(pin to drive set). Wife was control during the week for school pickup/drops and groceries. Hoping to get my time this weekend with her. Wish me luck.

Here is our e-star

View attachment 779843

Congrats! I’m curious.. what rate did you get with Tesla financing?

Reactions: rajan.gt
I got the dreaded, and expected if I'm being honest, push this morning. OD 10/1. Bunch of EDD changes I didn't keep track of. For 2 months had been sitting at March 11-31 and this morning woke up to April 10-May 8. So frustrating.
Could be worse.

I ordered on 9/30 and I woke up this morning and I moved out to a April 25-May 23 date.

At least you are still in April. :)

Reactions: burningember