Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

October 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered my 7 seat MYLR in October of 2021, ODD July 2022. It moved up to April-May 2022 for a few months. then simply said 'August'. Woke up the other day and it now says September 16-October 14. Honestly driving me nuts as we live in a far northern CA and the dealership where we will pick it up is 5 hours a way in the SF Bay Area. We have to plan our weekend to pick it up. Anyway....I guess the delay seems to be associated with the 7 seat option...by the time I get this vehicle my kids will have out grown the third row seating!

Reactions: SMay24 and Tezla.
Long time lurker, first time poster. I have been seeing a few posts about the 7 seater taking longer.. is this an opinion or is there data/evidence to back this up?

FYI i ordered a MYLR5 white interior on Oct 6... wanted to change to a 7 seater but didn't want to pay the updated price. So when Tesla changed their policy recently and starting allowing order updates while keeping your base price locked at what it was at the time of order, i jumped on it and switched to a 7 seater last weekend (yes the price didn't update to current pricing :) ). But now i see the 7 seater may actually take longer. Really??? Anyone with 7 seater that has a further out EDD.

MYLR7 White/White
Current EDD Apr 14- May 12 (stayed the same after switching from 5 seater to 7 seater)

I have no scientific algorithm for what I'm about to say, but here is my wishful theory:

Giga Texas will have their Giga Texas Fest on April 7th. Elon is giving greater Austin residents priority for attendance. Since my delivery date is between April 19-May 17, he is giving Austin residents priority on the MYLR's. Fingers crossed.....

I have no scientific algorithm for what I'm about to say, but here is my wishful theory:

Giga Texas will have their Giga Texas Fest on April 7th. Elon is giving greater Austin residents priority for attendance. Since my delivery date is between April 19-May 17, he is giving Austin residents priority on the MYLR's. Fingers crossed.....
That's my wishful thinking as well, except I haven't seen any red ones soooo I think I'm SOL

• Funny
Reactions: ChrisUli

I think they would be invited to event and handed they keys (well card) there. Let us know if you get an invite. Good luck

Hey guys, I ordered end of October. The only thing I selected in the prepare for delivery is the delivery location.

I actually don't want the car until July. I'm not sure the vin is assigned yet but my delivery date was showing as may 28 to july 9.

I just checked the app and its changed to Aug 30 to Oct 25. Should I complete the rest of the prepare for delivery steps to possibly get an earlier date or does it not matter?
I would complete your profile. Everything is getting pushed back. and if they give you a sooner date you can probably ask for them to put a hold on the delivery.

I think they would be invited to event and handed they keys (well card) there. Let us know if you get an invite. Good luck
unlikely this would or could happen without advance notice. Telsa would need to be assured you were actually coming, make sure you were OK with receiving it there, and then (probably) deal with paperwork, financing etc. in advance.
In theory they could skip the formalities, and make a show of handing over the cars, then take possession again until paperwork completed. But you know they would need to clear whatever they plan in advance with the buyers to some degree.

do EDD’s change only in the early morning? have y’all noticed a specific day or time that they change? -
also, has anyone who got pushed back to July-September have been bumped up earlier yet??
Mine really only change between 9 and 10am ET. Doesn’t stop me from continuously checking in the hopes of seeing a VIN.