Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

October 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
4680 would have to go extremely well, we have allready seen an influx of people putting their cars on hold because the factory was having an opening party, what would happen if they start producing just a couple of LR's with the 4680, people would go nuts. there not at that production level yet to mass produce them.
And were do you get this inside information on how cell ramp is going?

They said a month or so ago that they had a million batteries made, thats enough for about a thousand cars. it took a few months make those. Production is improving, but if they want to make a thousand cars a day, they need a Million batteries a day (Roughly), there not at that level yet.

They said a month or so ago that they had a million batteries made, thats enough for about a thousand cars. it took a few months make those. Production is improving, but if they want to make a thousand cars a day, they need a Million batteries a day (Roughly), there not at that level yet.
That million was from Fremont produced in January. We have Feb, Mar, and part of April along with the cells that are being produced in Texas, so that million gives us no gauge on how many cars can be built.

Is it 90 days for you guys? Its 90 days approval but only 30 days lock-in for the rate. Seriously doubt I will get a car within 30 days *sigh*

I don't even know if I want to cancel cos I reallllllly don't want to get a gasoline car (or even hybrid). And other EVs are just not there yet in terms of range AND charging network both.

Really hope these dates are placeholders and later this week or the next we start seeing some action. Can only rant and hope at this point lmao 😂
Keep up the positivity...i love it! hahaha

Reactions: MizzleD

Feb 18th was 2 months ago.

Also, here is current speculation on 4680 ramp. Alex is one of the best/most informed battery cell accounts on Twitter.

Reactions: Coolbreeze
Feb 18th was 2 months ago.

Also, here is current speculation on 4680 ramp. Alex is one of the best/most informed battery cell accounts on Twitter.

Also, the 1 million batteries began in Jan 2021 and was through Jan 2022. To clarify. These were entirely by pilot / R&D test lines at Kato Road, in California. We have no idea, to my knowledge, how many lines are presently operating in Austin and for how long they have been operating.

Also, the 1 million batteries began in Jan 2021 and was through Jan 2022. To clarify. These were entirely by pilot / R&D test lines at Kato Road, in California. We have no idea, to my knowledge, how many lines are presently operating in Austin and for how long they have been operating.
I think there output is probably how many cars there producing at texas per day, or very close to it. How many are coming out of texas right now.....about 30 or so a day. so about 30,000 per day?

Reactions: M0delYPerf
MY EDD is similar as yours April 27-May11. I am also picking up in Tyco location in Virginia. your EDD will shrink to 2 weeks window( hopefully soon). i originally had april 16-may14 ( month window like yours) and mine got shrunk to two weeks window few days ago. Hoping yours shrink soon too!
Ah, I’ve had mine shrink to 2 weeks three times already. Currently at 4 weeks (OD Oct 5, now at Apr20-May18)

Reactions: M0delYPerf
Yep, just got pushed from 4/28 - 5/12 to 5/13 - 5/27
checked my EDD on app today and got pushed out to 5/14/22 - 5/28/22. up until yesterday I was sitting with a bunch of you East Coasters at 5/2/22 - 5/16/22.
Stay positive…I had the same 2 week window as you yesterday (5/3-5/17) and I’m now sitting on 8/6-9/17, no trade, cash. At least you kept a 2 week window and only got pushed a couple of weeks. I’m pulling for everyone here to take delivery soon. Every time someone here gets there car it’s one less October order on the board with mine.

checked my EDD on app today and got pushed out to 5/14/22 - 5/28/22. up until yesterday I was sitting with a bunch of you East Coasters at 5/2/22 - 5/16/22.
You should at least feel lucky that you kept a two week window....and the Month of May. Am I the only Mt. Kisco person to be pushed out to June-July? Ugh.

Hopefully your dates stick. I'm bitter.