Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

October 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah, it sounds like you’re only allowed one deferral, and no one knows when Austin will start building MYLR. I’d take it if I were you!I
I do agree and think that just accepting the Fremont delivery and enjoying the car is best. I am curious to see if my EDD window will end up getting pushed out on its own without me having to defer it. I will just wait and see as we get closer.

On East Coast, sees lots of MSM, ordered on Mid October, just with white interior. Are MSM with white interior build or I'm just being penalized for late profile completion?
The inventory orders that I saw both for US and Canada are almost 50-50 mixed between white/black interior.
Our OD are exact same and config is almost same as well (I have black interior). Located in GTA so pretty much same region too. I am myself stuck on July-Sept dates since last sunday. Was told by 2 SAs last week that it will move closer by the weekend but so far absolutely no changes.

Prior to this: my edd shifted from April 25-May 07 to April 23-May 06. I even got a trade-in automated text so thinking that my delivery was closer and because I was planning to go on vacation, I changed from cash to financing (accepted the offer too) and removed fsd. Not sure if its linked to me being pushed out so late :(

I ordered back in mid Oct 2021 and my EDD just changed too and I got a VIN assigned for a Fremont build. Not sure if I want to defer or not. It sounds like Austin is having some battery issues and only producing the standard range to employees for testing.

MYLR | Black | Gemini Wheels | No Tow | Black Interior | 5 Seater | No FSD
Previous EDD: July 13 - Aug 24
New EDD: May 13 - May 17
Defer for what? Your order will get cancelled well before Austin starts to Deliver LR models. You can only reject a car once and have to pretty much take the next VIN offered or risk cancellation. Don't count on a car from Austin much before '23 between Ramp up and starting to product LRs.

Reactions: Jones1
I ordered back in mid Oct 2021 and my EDD just changed too and I got a VIN assigned for a Fremont build. Not sure if I want to defer or not. It sounds like Austin is having some battery issues and only producing the standard range to employees for testing.

MYLR | Black | Gemini Wheels | No Tow | Black Interior | 5 Seater | No FSD
Previous EDD: July 13 - Aug 24
New EDD: May 13 - May 17
I expect that Austin will take some time to ramp up Model Y SR production to a few thousand a week before they even consider expanding to other models.

Then, so they're not producing different versions of the same model, they'll start with the transition with Performance model at Austin, with all LR being made at Freemont.

Then they'll need to stop production at Freemont for a few days while they replace the machines to match Austin.

All this while trying to fill a glut of backorders.

So yeah... it will be a while.

You can always take delivery and then put another one on order in a few months.

Reactions: Stardew
Defer for what? Your order will get cancelled well before Austin starts to Deliver LR models. You can only reject a car once and have to pretty much take the next VIN offered or risk cancellation. Don't count on a car from Austin much before '23 between Ramp up and starting to product LRs.
Thanks for this info. Puts my mind at ease to know that I shouldn't count on the odds of getting an Austin build this year. I am absolutely going to accept the delivery.

I expect that Austin will take some time to ramp up Model Y SR production to a few thousand a week before they even consider expanding to other models.

Then, so they're not producing different versions of the same model, they'll start with the transition with Performance model at Austin, with all LR being made at Freemont.

Then they'll need to stop production at Freemont for a few days while they replace the machines to match Austin.

All this while trying to fill a glut of backorders.

So yeah... it will be a while.

You can always take delivery and then put another one on order in a few months.
Very well put. I wasnt too informed on how they were going to ramp up Austin but this sounds like a realistic path for sure. Does anyone know that if a VIN is assigned, that there is no chance of delivery window shifting or is it still a possibility?

Very well put. I wasnt too informed on how they were going to ramp up Austin but this sounds like a realistic path for sure. Does anyone know that if a VIN is assigned, that there is no chance of delivery window shifting or is it still a possibility?
I've heard of people getting VINs and then it slipping, but it's rare.

I suppose there's always a chance that the car that was custom built for you happened to be the one that fell off a transport truck when the driver tried to avoid a squirrel.