Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

October 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Took delivery as scheduled. Easiest new car transaction ever. I walked around car with Tesla SA where we noted 3 minor issues (1 he pointed out) and I accepted vehicle. Set up a service visit. Signed my trade title and spent 15-20 minutes reviewing how to set up and save my settings, how to operate etc. then on my way! Super easy and amazing drive! She’s getting some tint and front end PPF today. Great experience so far.

Attachments

• C4DCFD08-5067-4C15-B7C2-AC02DBA31FFE.jpeg
    C4DCFD08-5067-4C15-B7C2-AC02DBA31FFE.jpeg
    790.9 KB · Views: 111
Took delivery as scheduled. Easiest new car transaction ever. I walked around car with Tesla SA where we noted 3 minor issues (1 he pointed out) and I accepted vehicle. Set up a service visit. Signed my trade title and spent 15-20 minutes reviewing how to set up and save my settings, how to operate etc. then on my way! Super easy and amazing drive! She’s getting some tint and front end PPF today. Great experience so far.
Thank for sharing. Is your car LR or P?

Update: got out of June jail to Oct 10-Dec 5. MYLR white int + tow hitch ordered on 10/25/2021, which I recall Tesla website at that time said 8-12 weeks EDD. Ridiculous if this is going to take 12 months because they are filling latecomer orders that are more profitable (ie MYP, FSD, etc).
Did you order upgraded wheels? i recall in October that ordering the wheels got you an extra few months early. So if mine is supposed to be May/June, it makes sense that yours would be 3 months(ish) after that.

Update: got out of June jail to Oct 10-Dec 5. MYLR white int + tow hitch ordered on 10/25/2021, which I recall Tesla website at that time said 8-12 weeks EDD. Ridiculous if this is going to take 12 months because they are filling latecomer orders that are more profitable (ie MYP, FSD, etc).
I’m so sorry to hear; sounds like we have similar configs. Kinda scared I’ll get bumped out into Q4 as well.

Did you order upgraded wheels? i recall in October that ordering the wheels got you an extra few months early. So if mine is supposed to be May/June, it makes sense that yours would be 3 months(ish) after that.
no upgrade wheels, regular 19” Gemini.

I noticed for current orders on Tesla’s website, adding any option will move up EDD from March 2023 to Dec 2022.

Reactions: bluewhite79
I know many of us are still waiting for VIN but many have received its my question is to the folks who have received it. What was your immediate reaction when you saw VIN? I'm trying to prepare myself.
These texts between me and my husband sum it up pretty well. I was going through source code looking for a VIN when I got the text.

Attachments

• 311DE6D1-544E-4DCB-8AF3-9B2D6FA76FFE.jpeg
    311DE6D1-544E-4DCB-8AF3-9B2D6FA76FFE.jpeg
    257.6 KB · Views: 77
I know many of us are still waiting for VIN but many have received its my question is to the folks who have received it. What was your immediate reaction when you saw VIN? I'm trying to prepare myself.
It’s just relief more than anything. Like “whew, finally” and “ok that’s over, now let’s see if I actually get the car”. A lot of our excitement went out the window after 6 months of waiting. It all comes rushing back when you actually go to pick the car up though

• Funny
Reactions: Tezla. and MizzleD