Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

October 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My OD was 10/18/21; MYLR, 7 seater, white, Gemini wheels.
Took delivery June 28th for EOQ push. So to say they aren’t delivering 2021 orders isn’t true. Tesla has definitely screwed up the ordering/delivery process. But I don’t think it’s due to not wanting to deliver ‘21 orders, but just a lack of logistical leadership from the top. I just don’t think they have any idea what’s going on honestly.

I suspect the slow ramp of Texas pushed everything back. Then Shanghai shut down and they went into "margin" mode and made more Performance models and tried pushing FSD. Elon was certainly concerned with the "dumpster fire of cash" burning in Texas and Berlin, but the company has no debt and still good cash flow. Seems a bit like an overreaction to me, but I also don't run billion dollar companies and I certainly don't want Tesla to go toes up so I suck it up and wait.

As always, communication from Tesla could be much better but it is what it is.

I suspect the slow ramp of Texas pushed everything back. Then Shanghai shut down and they went into "margin" mode and made more Performance models and tried pushing FSD. Elon was certainly concerned with the "dumpster fire of cash" burning in Texas and Berlin, but the company has no debt and still good cash flow. Seems a bit like an overreaction to me, but I also don't run billion dollar companies and I certainly don't want Tesla to go toes up so I suck it up and wait.

As always, communication from Tesla could be much better but it is what it is.
I’m no CEO, but the dumpster fire of cash burning is due to his own inept abilities to make mature, common sense decisions.
Instead of trying to push out a SR MY from Austin, all he had to do was focus on MYLR. If he had just pushed out LR versions then the backlog would subside and the cash from all those cars would have been in the bank.

Woke up today and I'm pushed out another Month.. EDD: Oct 10-Nov21... FML

The SA called me last week to offer me a red fleet vehicle but my wife and me really didn't want red.. wondering if we made the wrong decision
If you really didn’t want the red, then you made the right decision. Just wait for what you ordered, if not you may regret it.
I have a PW M3 and I love the color, so I really wanted a PW MY. Hubby said no to 2 white Teslas! So we ordered a MSM MY and I’m the one that drives it 100% of the time, I should have put my foot down on the PW, oh well.

Reactions: JDEWD250
I’m no CEO, but the dumpster fire of cash burning is due to his own inept abilities to make mature, common sense decisions.
Instead of trying to push out a SR MY from Austin, all he had to do was focus on MYLR. If he had just pushed out LR versions then the backlog would subside and the cash from all those cars would have been in the bank.

Well that is one way to look at it. I see it different myself. Production is hard specifically for large scale complex things. I am frustrated with the wait but its pretty hard to argue with Elon's success. He pushes the boundaries and takes risks. We are seeing some of that risk hurt in the short term but in the long term developing 4680 cells will likely pay off. You don't get progress like a Tesla's lineup and the Model Y by playing it safe with "common sense" low risk decisions. All the common sense decision makers are over at legacy companies trying to figure out how to catch up. Just my 2 cents.

With all that said, I still think they could communicate a better to customers.