Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Octopus £100 new-customer credit until 15th Oct

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m just a caring kind of guy :rolleyes:

I posted about this on a Tesla related Facebook group earlier, mentioning about the £100 offer for 8 days and a cheeky mention that I'd be happy to send anyone a link, someone then replied saying if people used their referral, they'd give them £20 on top of the £100 referral!

Desperate business this referral stuff for some people :)

• Funny
Reactions: Roy W.
I posted about this on a Tesla related Facebook group earlier, mentioning about the £100 offer for 8 days and a cheeky mention that I'd be happy to send anyone a link, someone then replied saying if people used their referral, they'd give them £20 on top of the £100 referral!

Really? That’s mental! I’m happy to help out, but if people are that desperate then let them have it!

It’s definitely not me. I might be desperate, but I’m not that desperate!

Moderator comment

So I’m not sure why but my posts were deleted. Apparently, telling people to ask for my referral code is different to saying your referral code is on your profile. That makes no sense whatsoever

Promoting referrals is against forum rules. Your post was deleted for the following breach under Terms of Service 5 g specifically "spam". You will have seen the comment when the post was deleted.

[edit] More general - Linking a referral link directly comes under 5 n, commercial posts. Links containing affiliate links directly or indirectly are also treated as commercial. Please also see the comment on Amazon links in section 14 and use Amazon direct links rather than short codes.

@Roy W. post was not deleted as it was a minor comment within a much longer post with relevant content. Your post was pure solicitation / spam with no other content.

Posts with a mix of content will be viewed on a post by post basis and different moderators will draw the line at different places and will be more active or reactive in this forum.

I and other forum moderators appreciate that the issue of referral links is going to be a constant issue and will not go away. After some discussion, some tolerance will be made for them if placed in the user profile information section near where the Tesla referral is placed and the attention drawn to them is kept to a minimum. We do not want the forum to be turned into mass solicitation for referral link offerings.

Rule of thumb - don't draw a moderators attention to your referral code.

-Ian

Last edited:
I thought it worthwhile to bump this up again.

For any of you wanting to swap to Octopus and get the current £100 referral bonus you have THREE DAYS to apply using a referral code.

So, apply to swap by close of play on 15th October 2020, or you’ll only get the normal £50.

Happy referring everybody!