Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Octopus Tariffs

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ah.... so this is not a gas tracker?

I’m confused.

C150FB33-CCE6-4382-ABA2-FE85D4489406.png

I’m not sure what a gas tracker is. I haven’t seen a gas tariff that varies with time of day if that is what you mean. There is no benefit in having a dual fuel deal with Octopus. Choose the best tariff for each fuel independently.

Octopus do a gas tracker tariff, cost changes at midnight for the forthcoming day. If you don't have a smart meter they have a profile which distributes usage over the month and attributes it to each day.

@Pagemakers Can't see why it wouldn't be possible to have gas tracker and electricity agile, email and ask? Let us know what they say because I might move to the gas tracker too!

Reactions: Pagemakers
I emailed Octopus on Friday asking to switch electric to agile tariff. They responded saying I had an economy 7 smart meter, which was not compatible with agile.

I’ve responded suggesting they’ve made a mistake given they fitted the meter and I currently receive 30 min readings on my Go tariff today.

If you've not already done so, try emailing the smart meter team directly using [email protected]

Pagemakers Sorry - I didn’t know you could get a tracker gas tariff. Wouldn’t it be likely to have highest cost when demand is highest - which is when you want the heating on?

If you are talking about season trends like the coldest months of the year then, no, history shows it doesn't really follow that sort of cycle for the most part...

Screenshot_2020-05-03 Data portal.png
upload_2020-5-3_16-30-27.png

• Informative
Reactions: tj333
They couldn't get me a smart meter fitted and especially with Covid19 the lead times for this were too long to make decent savings. If you find yourself in this area try Outfoxthemarket 100% green and I pay - Electricity unit rate: £0.1260 per kWh. Electricity standing charge: £0.1132 per day. So my standing charge daily is less than half price and all hours outside those EV charging hours are lower. Over the month it is cheaper than Octopus.

If you find yourself in this area try Outfoxthemarket 100% green and I pay - Electricity unit rate: £0.1260 per kWh. Electricity standing charge: £0.1132 per day. So my standing charge daily is less than half price and all hours outside those EV charging hours are lower. Over the month it is cheaper than Octopus.

If you use more than about 4.5kWh/day the Octopus Tracker tariff could still be cheaper for you (and doesn't require a smart meter) but there is obvious uncertainty there as it is a variable tariff.

Glad you've found something decent to move to though.

Just got my first Go bill after 54 days.

57 'pages' of bill, one page per day listing a graph and every 30 minute interval - can this be turned off? I've pretty much got this on website anyway so its unnecessary.

Nice touch was the average kWh price for the duration - with minimal charging at 5p (approx equivalent to 2 full charges) due to lockdown, but quite a few 4kWh days due to solar, my average unit price for the 54 days was 10.22p, looks to be ex vat. so 10.73p inc vat. That makes a few quick and dirty tarrif comparisons a bit easier.
I joined Go in mid-January and have yet to receive a bill. The current balance is the sum of the four monthly direct debits plus a £25 referral reward. Why are they not using my money? Does anyone know the usual billing frequency?

I joined Go in mid-January and have yet to receive a bill. The current balance is the sum of the four monthly direct debits plus a £25 referral reward. Why are they not using my money? Does anyone know the usual billing frequency?

I switched to Octopus on 3rd April. I got my first gas bill this morning, but no electric bill yet.

If it’s all working correctly you should get a bill each month. It sounds like your account hasn’t been set up properly. I’d contact them.

If it’s all working correctly you should get a bill each month. It sounds like your account hasn’t been set up properly. I’d contact them.
What Roy said - I've also not received a bill yet (for electricity) so rung them up. Apparently set to 1-way billing instead of 2-way (i.e. non-smart-meter vs smart-meter), which they didn't change when they installed the smart meter.

Reactions: Roy W.

I have to say mine took a few months but it all came out in the wash once the bills started coming and they have been uninterrupted since. I wouldn't panic but you could send them an email if you've not done that already.

When you look at your daily usage on the web portal, are there any missing days or time periods within the day?

When that happens it can interfere with the automatic billing, but as above, if you have not already done so, email [email protected] and let them know you've not yet had a bill...