Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Odd sleep behaviour

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

LukeT

Apr 9, 2019
UK
My car is going to sleep then waking up after exactly 10 minutes. Been doing it some weeks now I think. Occasionally sleeps for longer but not often. The regularity of it smacks of me getting a teslafi setting wrong but looking at the settings I can't see anything that would obviously do this.

Anyone had similar experience?

My next step is to reboot car and disable then re-enable Mobile access to see if that does anything.

Have you tried temporarily turning off polling on TeslaFi?

Unfortunately the only way then to know if car is sleeping is to see if it needs to wake up (say from the app), but if it doesn't need to wake with several attempts over a period of time when you expected it to, then that makes TeslaFi less of a potential culprit.

I’ve had no issues with TeslaFi (default settings) and the car sleeping, but after I linked it to A Better Route Planner it screwed it up. Unlinking ABRP and it went back to sleeping happily again.

So just a thought, do you have it linked to anything else in addition to TeslaFi?

I had a similar problem. See typical Teslafi page below. I was also having random alarm activations despite the alarm being switched off. Also, on approaching the car and trying the handle, the door wouldn’t open but the frunk would!
I tried switching off Teslafi but this didn’t help. I could hear the car waking and sleeping.
Tesla Bristol fixed it all under warranty. The sleep problem was solved by something called a “General diagnostic”, but as you don’t get to speak to the guys in the workshop I couldn’t tell you what they did.
While they had it they spotted a crack in the roof/rear window caused by the heater cable overheating. They have now changed that as well.
upload_2020-7-6_16-42-34.jpeg

My 2017 MCU1/AP2.0 X has the same sleep problem. Mostly just 10 minutes of sleep at a time. Usually that stops after 3:30 AM and the car sleeps normally. It starts again immediately after a 9 PM scheduled charge. I think this started after charging on 5/20/2020. That's the day I installed 2020.16.2.1. It stopped this pattern if I didn't need to charge, and started again after the next charge. A software update to 2020.20.1 on 6/2/2020 didn't fix anything. The first charge in a few days on 6/3/2020 triggered the problem again. It's still going, though if I don't charge one night it will behave itself until I do charge. This is aggravated by the car starting scheduled charging even if it is very close to the charge limit (<3%).

I do have TeslaFi and ABRP connected to the car. I'll try disconnecting ABRP tonight. TeslaFi is set to try sleeping for 20 minutes after 30 minutes idle, with a retry timer of 4 minutes. No other sleep modes are checked.

Ah ha. ABRP is a possibility. Change could've happened when that moved to an app? I will have a look at ABRP settings and/or disable mobile access and re-enable just for teslafi.

This is what mine is doing:

Screenshot_20200707-071735_Chrome.jpg