Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

OEM HEPA filters done after 1~ year?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2023 MYLR. I’m 14 months and 27,000 miles in, and my numbers from service mode are 97% HEPA and 111% cabin filter. Not sure how that’s possible, but will monitor periodically.
Probably because of the theories I wrote in post #56 in this thread. I don't think there's much point in worrying about numbers that are displayed until the filters are replaced and the indicators are reset to give the vehicle an accurate baseline so it can better judge filter health from that point forward.

Probably because of the theories I wrote in post #56 in this thread. I don't think there's much point in worrying about numbers that are displayed until the filters are replaced and the indicators are reset to give the vehicle an accurate baseline so it can better judge filter health from that point forward.
So for this set I’ll need to visually check them to see actual condition. Still have good air flow and no off odors so I’ll give it a few more months.

Just to update: After changing my HEPA and cabin filters and NOT resetting the stats, the percentages did not change after driving many trips all weekend with the A/C on. Either it requires a lot more driving, or it doesn't work the way we thought.

Just reset everything back to 100% yesterday, I'll post back as it degrades. (Or if the numbers go up past 100%!)

Just to update: After changing my HEPA and cabin filters and NOT resetting the stats, the percentages did not change after driving many trips all weekend with the A/C on. Either it requires a lot more driving, or it doesn't work the way we thought.

Just reset everything back to 100% yesterday, I'll post back as it degrades. (Or if the numbers go up past 100%!)
I was waiting to mention this (not sure why), but still assuming that the feature uses motor current and a software model to calculate filter health, I'll also assume that it is not a continuous monitor, but rather only uses measurements under specific conditions (e.g., blower is running at the highest speed in recirculation mode to calculate cabin filter health then in fresh mode to calculate HEPA filter health). I am tempted change (or even temporarily remove) my HEPA filters and monitor the filter health indicator for more than a few days.

Perhaps someone with a Tesla Diagnostic Software Subscription can see if the Theory of Operation section has been updated to reveal more about how this feature works.

Reactions: fiehlsport