Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Off menu" waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
LR RWD
Midnight Silver
19"
All Black
EAP

Ordered 10/24 and immediately had the GA file a case for me. Received an email confirming the change from MR to LR on 10/26 and confirmed it on my account. Glad I got in before the cutoff, as I want the added range (despite the 19" wheels) and have little to no need for AWD in Houston.

I called the main Tesla number and they confirmed in a more general way that the LR RWD had been requested. What number did you call for CS? I will call and be more specific about the case closing.

No call or VIN ordered the following on October 21st
Black Ext
Black and White Interior
LR RWD
AP

That’s it I think. Thanks for your help.

You can call the 888.518.3752 number, they usually take care of me, and can figure out what's going on.

Reactions: Surfer
LR RWD
Midnight Silver
19"
All Black
EAP

Ordered 10/24 and immediately had the GA file a case for me. Received an email confirming the change from MR to LR on 10/26 and confirmed it on my account. Glad I got in before the cutoff, as I want the added range (despite the 19" wheels) and have little to no need for AWD in Houston.

What do you mean by GA???? You seem to be one of the only ones who was able to get it changed already.

this is news to me that I coulda switched from MR to LR darn. I'm still going to call them NOW eventhough it was mentioned last week was last opportunity

Update: The answer is NO :( but she said if you call back every 5 days or something something might be different lol. But the MR is more than plenty miles for our use. Our P85 range has been fine. The cost of the MR has allowed me to buy EAP and FSD so that's good.

Last edited:
@ItsNotAboutTheMoney
thanks. Gotcha although he was being sarcastic. haha
The cases about the 30% loss is small. If your battery does degrade 70% then damn, it is about the money!

Is it still possible to order LR RWD off the menu? Answer seems to be no but just wanted to confirm. Thanks.
confirmed :( but the rep said call back every 3-5 days things can change lol That was the best part.

What do you mean by GA???? You seem to be one of the only ones who was able to get it changed already.

In Texas, we can't have Tesla Stores, so they call them Galleries. The GA stands for Gallery Advisor (aka Store Manager). He was very up front about the process and the fluid manner in which changes to the ordering process come and go. I was a little worried when I didn't see the change within 24 hours, but he assured me that it would be no longer than 48-72. Turns out it took about 54. Hopefully all of the others on here were able to go through as well.

Was a little worried at first that I would just get matched to older inventory, but, given the fact that the black and white interior was suddenly a LR RWD option (temporarily), there was hope that many of these would all be brand new builds. We'll see the build dates at delivery. No VIN yet.

Paladin based on that response it looks like they are prioritizing west, then midwest, and lastly east coast. I haven’t heard anything other than I am in the ‘queue’ to get the MR changed to LR. I am on the east coast. I expect also depending on your reservation date this would hold true for deliveries.

East coast pretty much has no inventory for unassigned LR RWD. So any inventory is either midwest or west coast which they’ll match with a person who has reserved already in the local area and lastly the factory queue for any that need to be produced.

There’s rumor that they’ll try to finish making all the LR/RWD before the MR/RWD production begins but that is not definitive.

• Informative
Reactions: neroden
310 * 0.7 = 217 miles.
260 * 0.7 = 182 miles
220 * 0.7 = 154 miles
They are saying that even with 30% degradation they'd still have good range.

Basically, BUT the RWD LR gets an EPA 334 miles in 2018. Assuming worst case degradation in 8 years (30% capacity gone), it's still at 234 mile vehicle, which is more than enough to make it between Superchargers.

Hell, even another 30% on top of that for very cold weather is 164 miles, still longer range than a brand new Leaf.

Hi guys, just found this forum after searching and wanted to add my data point.

I reserved 10/25 for MR/RWD then called/emailed to change to LR/RWD the same day. Called sales and they confirmed receipt of modification request but have had no updates since.

I was at the Tesla showroom on saturday and was told friday was the last day that you could request the change from MR to LR RWD.

I was a day 1 reservationist (4/1/16) but was told I receive no special priority.

Reservation:
LR RWD (hopefully)
Black Ext
Black Int
No EAP
Aero

Hi,
Your order history is about identical to mine. I ordered mw-rwd on Oct 21 and immediately asked for an upgrade to lr-rwd. As of today nothing has changed on my account other than the referral code showing up. I would have thought that the order would have been updated within several days. As mentioned maybe the East coast is on the back burner.

Congrats!
My wife has the identical configuration. Received in April ‘18. Car was perfect. Never any service... got it wrapped and ceramic coated the next morning. She probably would have gone red except I have a Red Model S. (All electric vehicle household!) She loves it! You will too.
View attachment 348188
View attachment 348189
View attachment 348190
View attachment 348191

Her car looks fantastic.
New to the forums, apologies if this is common knowledge.

When you say "Got it wrapped and ceramic coated" what does that mean?
And where does one get it done and how much does it cost?
(I assume it is top protect the exterior finish.)

/Gordon