Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Off topic galore

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Something else to consider, the Cybertrucks we've seen are on 35 inch tires, right? Any "normal" truck on 35 inch tires is probably going to have a lift kit to fit them. Anyone but a mongo type is going to have difficulty side loading on such a vehicle anyway.
My truck specifies out tires in the 30" diameter. If Cybertruck's air suspension can drop 2.5 inches, it would be equivalent.

• Informative
Reactions: 2daMoon and jerry33
My truck specifies out tires in the 30" diameter. If Cybertruck's air suspension can drop 2.5 inches, it would be equivalent.

That, plus the ability for the rear of the truck to squat, and to extend a ramp from the tailgate to walk up, will make the side-loading a non-issue.
(more so if the tailgate, vehicle squat, and ramp extension is automated as a push-button feature)

That, plus the ability for the rear of the truck to squat, and to extend a ramp from the tailgate to walk up, will make the side-loading a non-issue.
(more so if the tailgate, vehicle squat, and ramp extension is automated as a push-button feature)
I wouldn't say a non-issue. Side access is handy if what you want is in the front of a full bed.
Plus access for tie downs (heaping load with tarp requiring an open vault).

I wouldn't say a non-issue. Side access is handy if what you want is in the front of a full bed.
Plus access for tie downs (heaping load with tarp requiring an open vault).

You hit the mark with me on the loading fuel cans over the side, so, I'm on the same page with you as a tall person who routinely hoists five gallon gas and diesel containers over the side, then straps them down for the trip.

Just saying that with all Cybertruck has going for it the "issue" of side-loading will be eclipsed by all the other advantages it offers. Eclipsed to the point of side-loading not being a big enough problem to most making a purchase decision after weighing the facts and comparing the specs with other e-pickups.

Those who choose Lightning, Rivian, RAM, Chevy, will do so more because of a desire for classic styling or brand loyalty or Elon hate rather than because of side-loading alone.

And, they still won't be getting a Tesla. :cool:

Reactions: mongo
You hit the mark with me on the loading fuel cans over the side, so, I'm on the same page with you as a tall person who routinely hoists five gallon gas and diesel containers over the side, then straps them down for the trip.

Just saying that with all Cybertruck has going for it the "issue" of side-loading will be eclipsed by all the other advantages it offers. Eclipsed to the point of side-loading not being a big enough problem to most making a purchase decision after weighing the facts and comparing the specs with other e-pickups.

Those who choose Lightning, Rivian, RAM, Chevy, will do so more because of a desire for classic styling or brand loyalty or Elon hate rather than because of side-loading alone.

And, they still won't be getting a Tesla. :cool:
Yeah, I'll somehow survive 😁

• Funny
Reactions: JRP3
If you have €89 burning a hole in your pocket, available now in Europe: GigaBier Limited Edition

1680207031804.png