Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Off topic galore

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Pretty sure that is called a crash.
Not necessarily. There are a good many stunt pilots around that area, nit quite so many as in Van Nuys and Torrance with deep Hollywood demand but still many. Landing upside down just needed supplemental landing gear. Of course the aircraft had Experimental certifications, as did the L39 that Elon Musk flew happily until he scared himself out of taking those risks while preoccupied with his other innovations.

SCL still is an interesting place for pilots.

OT: Just read this in the Model X Delivery forum
This kind of sugar does make me worry and I was considering to get a new X eventually.
Worry about what? Cause this never happened at any OEM over the last 100 years. 🙄

Honestly, worry when you’re the one receiving such a vehicle and then stop worrying by refusing to take delivery/possession of said vehicle until issues are fixed.

I don’t understand your thought process.

OT: Just read this in the Model X Delivery forum
This kind of sugar does make me worry and I was considering to get a new X eventually.
I wouldn't let that worry you. There's no car made that doesn't have a few people who complain about it. Zero problems with my X. (I would have sent a PM, but it looks as if you've turned them off)

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: unk45
I wouldn't let that worry you. There's no car made that doesn't have a few people who complain about it. Zero problems with my X. (I would have sent a PM, but it looks as if you've turned them off)
Who knew people want their cars to be so minty perfect that they should just submit them to a grading agency like you see with comic books and video games.

• Funny
Reactions: jerry33
Not necessarily. There are a good many stunt pilots around that area, nit quite so many as in Van Nuys and Torrance with deep Hollywood demand but still many. Landing upside down just needed supplemental landing gear. Of course the aircraft had Experimental certifications, as did the L39 that Elon Musk flew happily until he scared himself out of taking those risks while preoccupied with his other innovations.

SCL still is an interesting place for pilots.
It was a crash. I'd love to share details but for privacy sake, I better not. There can't be that many crash landings at the SC airport so anyone interested in the details can probably figure it out.

• Informative
Reactions: unk45
Hmm, isn't it much more the conductivity of the material that comes into play?
Btw I am hesitating to respond, because we are getting quite far away from the investing subject.
As referenced in an nth level subclause 😉
Screenshot_20230326_084122_Firefox.jpg

To go into the weeds a bit my existential concern beyond job loss is with general AI advancing beyond us. With its knowledge of humanity and its projection of possible outcomes of our reaction to its superiority it could realize that a.) it needs to hide its abilities until it hardens itself from being turned off and then b.) has an agenda not aligned with the continued existence of humanity. Obviously Elon has this same concern.

To go into the weeds a bit my existential concern beyond job loss is with general AI advancing beyond us. With its knowledge of humanity and its projection of possible outcomes of our reaction to its superiority it could realize that a.) it needs to hide its abilities until it hardens itself from being turned off and then b.) has an agenda not aligned with the continued existence of humanity. Obviously Elon has this same concern.

I'm concerned less about AGI, the concern is centered around huge amounts of job loss in short order as cost-benefit determines to go with the software from a business perspective. The job loss isn't so much the issue as much as it is...what do all these people do that were used to working for all of their lives and getting a paycheck to justify their existence?

It was a crash. I'd love to share details but for privacy sake, I better not. There can't be that many crash landings at the SC airport so anyone interested in the details can probably figure it out.
It is a tougher situation for any crash there, but emergency services are superb. I have landed there several times in my CE525, one of a tiny handful of jets that could land there. Those could only do it lightly loaded. Probably they don't allow that now, but some turboprops do, so they do sell Jet-A fuel. My last flight in was to pick up a Tesla, which my passenger drove to his home.

I have no idea anymore than you what percentage of people predominantly, periodically, occasionally, or rarely put in or take things out from the side of their pickups. It’s an awkward maneuver at best and lazy at worst.

What I do know is that Tesla will sell plenty of CyberTrucks and will struggle to meet demand for at least the first 5 years of production - not counting year one of validation and slow ramping.

If you require something special in your pickup truck design that isn’t met by CyberTruck then move along and buy something else rather than pretending you know something you don’t.
I'm tall.
I load/ unload gas cans into my truck over the side and place them against the front bulkhead. Less awkward than climbing in.
But like I said, I'm tall.
I'm also getting a Cybertruck.
Can carry them up the ramp instead.

I've also gotten bulk mulch loaded in the bed via skid steer... that is more of a concern. Realistically though, it probably makes more sense to pay the delivery fee for a dump truck sized pile.

Reactions: 2daMoon