Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Off topic galore

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
One does wonder if China has already told Elon to deny Starlink to Taiwan. On a couple of recent occasions, he has sounded the alarm bells on China’s potential aggression towards Taiwan saying “people should listen to China when it says it will take back Taiwan, they are very serious”.
You don't have to wonder. Elon said that China told him not to land Starlink in China. Full stop.

Reactions: MartinAustin
Been busy - building out my home (thank you again TSLA!). the living room will be centered around my childhood joy of board gaming and watching sports with friends

1688775534488.png

If it’s acceptable to continue the derail…

Formula 1 is some neither my wife nor I held any interest. I don’t think we could have named a single Formula 1 driver.

But we watch a video podcast called “CordKillers” and they mentioned a Netflix show called “Formula 1 - Drive to Survive” and said it was worth watching even if one had no prior interest in Formula 1. That each episode had a separate focus, all woven into a given season of racing - some on the human interest angle of the drivers or team principles, others on the tech, vagaries and changes to the rules, that sort of thing. And breathlessly beautiful shots of the tracks and their surroundings all over the world. And we were hooked. Highly recommended.

No custom cup needed. I suspect that the majority of objects put into a cup holder are take-away cups or disposable bottles. Paper cups from Starbucks, Paper/plastic soda/milkshake cups from your burger joint of choice, bottles of water, bottles of Gatorade, etc. And those probably benefit from a heated/cooled cup holder just fine.

A cooled cup holder might be second on my list as a desired features for Tesla to add. (The first would be cooled/ventilated seats on the Model 3/Y, which alone might be enough to get me to upgrade.)
My bad - I forgot people still use incredibly wasteful products like single use plastic bottles... (long story involving a decade of chronic illness and a very restricted diet - it truly is off my radar: in Canada, our tap water is usually better quality than bottled water in a lot of places, so I just fill up at home in the morning for FAR cheaper than even Costco water bottles).

I highly recommend getting a Yeti travel mug/equivalent (and pour your hot/cold beverage in if you can't avoid wasteful cups) - it really works amazing, it leverages very efficient technology that is simply more sustainable. 😎

Last edited:
<snip>
I highly recommend getting a Yeti travel mug/equivalent (and pour your hot/cold beverage in if you can't avoid wasteful cups) - it really works amazing, it leverages very efficient technology that is simply more sustainable. 😎
I enthusiastically echo your enthusiasm! I have several Yeti (and competitor) cups and they're amazing, they hold ice for days, as well as keeping hot drinks warm! Would much rather use them than water or pop bottles.

I enthusiastically echo your enthusiasm! I have several Yeti (and competitor) cups and they're amazing, they hold ice for days, as well as keeping hot drinks warm! Would much rather use them than water or pop bottles.
Only problem with the really effective insulating mugs is them being too effective, then you load up your coffee mug fresh out of the brewer first thing in the morning and it's actually drinkable by lunch time.

Before you know it you're planning ahead, brewing your coffee and then letting it sit to cool down before throwing it in the mug, taking the lid off so it cools, etc

The Burnt Hair arrived today. Hopefully, this is a good sign.

The missus was curious to sample it and had me spritz a tad upon a piece of paper which she sniffed briefly, then held it at arms length while saying "This is going in the trash right now!" and walking to the kitchen. (meaning the paper, not the bottle)

Having now released the scent into the air I anticipate the magical powers of The Essence of Repugnant Desire to soon be wafting into the nostrils of short sellers, MMs, and other manipulative ilk.

In my dreams, once inhaled, this potion begins initiating a change in behavior on their part. One that results in an increased inability to hold TSLA back from its destiny with the orbital realm. While simultaneously relegating their hopes for a repeat of their former success to a Boring Co tunnel placed deep underground for their inconvenience, where their dark hopes and dreams belong.

Burnt+Hair.jpeg

Come on baby, light my fire​
Mine arrived today also. I expect my wife to have a similar response when I present it to her. :)

BREAKING NEWS!

The recent spy shot of a van prototype has brought focus upon the Boring Company operations in Las Vegas, NV.

Rumors are the tunnel-specific van will be called a "Happy Horizontal People Transporter," as shared by an anonymous source close to the vehicle's development. It will include advanced "Temporal AI" technology that will allow it to detect in advance where and when it will be needed, resulting in zero wait time for users.

Further rumors indicate plans for the multi-passenger unit to be built and managed by a spinoff company, Sirius Cybernetics Corporation, that will specialize in development of a variety of devices applying Temporal AI in order to ease the struggles of humanity.

Last edited:
Only problem with the really effective insulating mugs is them being too effective, then you load up your coffee mug fresh out of the brewer first thing in the morning and it's actually drinkable by lunch time.

Before you know it you're planning ahead, brewing your coffee and then letting it sit to cool down before throwing it in the mug, taking the lid off so it cools, etc
I use it mainly for cold drinks for which it works extremely well.

My coffee sits for about an hour in a unheated carafe before I pour it, so it's not only the right temperature to drink immediately but it stays that way for about 8 hours or more. I've mistakenly drank yesterday's coffee before and it's still drinkable.

But enough of that, ya can't drink a Tesla or TSLA, so enjoy where you can my friend!

I use it mainly for cold drinks for which it works extremely well.

My coffee sits for about an hour in a unheated carafe before I pour it, so it's not only the right temperature to drink immediately but it stays that way for about 8 hours or more. I've mistakenly drank yesterday's coffee before and it's still drinkable.

But enough of that, ya can't drink a Tesla or TSLA, so enjoy where you can my friend!
I’m astonished that anyone who is a serious coffee drinker/enthusiast will drink coffee that has stood for over 10 minutes!

Furthermore it is a ritual to drink coffee and it should be savoured in a proper coffee cup sitting down in comfort…..

The British have no idea of real coffee culture and cart around scaldingly hot coffee in horrible plastic take-away containers- almost undrinkable.

My coffee enthusiasm was nurtured by a working stint in Milan many years ago - I hope that Italians haven’t been damaged by popular culture by now!