Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Off topic galore

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not if he get's his ass kicked.

Zuck is Ju Jitsu trained, Elon has a bad back /slipped disc?due to a sumo wrestling match. Fighting a ju-jitsu black belt with no training ....(odds are worse than Khabib vs McGregor)
But ya I think this is a good goal to have as it will improve his health and fitness.

In the end, it will be fun&games and charity event, shouldn't impact Tesla in any way

When will Elon be done training ... in 2 weeks
when will the fight take place two weeks after the two weeks :)
Once upon a time, a couple of lifetimes ago, I was in the USN as a trainee electronics guy, living in a pretty nice barracks (actually, a bunch of two-to-four people apartments, sans food facilities). The bunch of us living there (maybe a couple hundred) would, at random, show up in one of the TV/break rooms and watch the glass tube, chat, play board games, read, and so on. We'd get the occasional bagpipe player who would attract a crowd, whatever.

It came out during one of the typical BS sessions that one of us trainees had been on the varsity wrestling team in high school. This perked up some interest; standard HS gym, back in those days, had people wrestling, pinning each other, and so on. It was a short distance from the fellow's comment to where all the furniture had been pushed back off the carpet and we collectively started practicing moves on the guy, and him on us.

He happened to be short, around 5'3" or so, and classed as a lightweight or something. But he was taking on 6 footers (and myself, at 5'10") who were all in their late teens or early twenties and fairly fit.

None of us could pin him. He had the moves. He got me four times running; the really big guys, 240 lbs, he might not be able to pin, but he could sure keep them from pinning him. His training and skill made for very fast reactions to other peoples' moves, and he knew all the moves. Somebody not as speedy as him would end up flat on their back in zip time; a kinda, "Did you get the number of that truck?" experience. And if this guy topped 150 lbs, I'd be surprised.

So, Zuck's an amateur, but he's in training. Musk ain't. Doesn't matter that Musk weighs more; in fact, if memory serves, Ju Jitsu is all about using the opponents' weights against them. I don't think that Musk trying to fall on Zuck will get Musk anywhere. If Zuck is nice, he won't break Musk's bones.

Once upon a time, a couple of lifetimes ago, I was in the USN as a trainee electronics guy, living in a pretty nice barracks (actually, a bunch of two-to-four people apartments, sans food facilities). The bunch of us living there (maybe a couple hundred) would, at random, show up in one of the TV/break rooms and watch the glass tube, chat, play board games, read, and so on. We'd get the occasional bagpipe player who would attract a crowd, whatever.

It came out during one of the typical BS sessions that one of us trainees had been on the varsity wrestling team in high school. This perked up some interest; standard HS gym, back in those days, had people wrestling, pinning each other, and so on. It was a short distance from the fellow's comment to where all the furniture had been pushed back off the carpet and we collectively started practicing moves on the guy, and him on us.

He happened to be short, around 5'3" or so, and classed as a lightweight or something. But he was taking on 6 footers (and myself, at 5'10") who were all in their late teens or early twenties and fairly fit.

None of us could pin him. He had the moves. He got me four times running; the really big guys, 240 lbs, he might not be able to pin, but he could sure keep them from pinning him. His training and skill made for very fast reactions to other peoples' moves, and he knew all the moves. Somebody not as speedy as him would end up flat on their back in zip time; a kinda, "Did you get the number of that truck?" experience. And if this guy topped 150 lbs, I'd be surprised.

So, Zuck's an amateur, but he's in training. Musk ain't. Doesn't matter that Musk weighs more; in fact, if memory serves, Ju Jitsu is all about using the opponents' weights against them. I don't think that Musk trying to fall on Zuck will get Musk anywhere. If Zuck is nice, he won't break Musk's bones.
Yep.
And, tbf, Musk breaking is back doing a sumo wrestling match (!!) suggests not good fighting skills and very, very poor judgment.

Yep.
And, tbf, Musk breaking is back doing a sumo wrestling match (!!) suggests not good fighting skills and very, very poor judgment.

It doesn't really show "not good fighting skills". Poor judgement, yes, because the sumo wrestler was well trained and very large and Elon flipped him to the ground in an unsafe manner. Physics is a hard teacher:
And I'm sure that sumo wrestler would drop many of us here in a sumo match, like we should drop this topic.

You realize that'd make him losing to "that facebook nerd" a lot worse, right?
In the same way breaking the Cybertruck window, TWICE, on stage made reservations worse, right?

Regardless if the fight happens or not, regardless who gets a black eye or who gets knocked out; it’s already a win on so many levels. Some people will need hindsight, as usual, to see it’s all okay and some people will never see.

Yep.
Hmm…maybe you should try going up against a sumo wrestler and then come back with an educated thought on the topic.

Elon put down a champion 350+lb sumo wrestler. Yes, he hurt himself as would be expected.

Every single one of us here a) doesn’t get the guy down in the first place, and b) we all get run over by that truck and are lucky if we don’t end up in traction. Elon actually was impressive.

In the same way breaking the Cybertruck window, TWICE, on stage made reservations worse, right?

Regardless if the fight happens or not, regardless who gets a black eye or who gets knocked out; it’s already a win on so many levels. Some people will need hindsight, as usual, to see it’s all okay and some people will never see.
It’s almost like that old political saying “there is no bad publicity, it’s all good”
I don’t quite buy it (because I have heard of more than a few folks who have bought non-Teslas, because of their opinion of Elon’s politics and opinions), but I do understand the position. I think Kahneman proved that people are more disposed to have a favorable opinion of someone they recognize, than someone they don’t recognize, so I think it depends on how much detail people retain in their reptilian brain, which with today’s squirrel mindset is not a lot.

It’s almost like that old political saying “there is no bad publicity, it’s all good”
I don’t quite buy it (because I have heard of more than a few folks who have bought non-Teslas, because of their opinion of Elon’s politics and opinions), but I do understand the position. I think Kahneman proved that people are more disposed to have a favorable opinion of someone they recognize, than someone they don’t recognize, so I think it depends on how much detail people retain in their reptilian brain, which with today’s squirrel mindset is not a lot.
I guess define bad. Is it really bad in the scheme of things those people bought a different brand of EV? Would they even have considered an EV if not for Tesla and Elon in the first place? Is there even a slight chance they get over their opinion at some point down the road because Elon does something that changes their mind - because that’s happened. If Elon gets hurt so badly he has a stroke and no longer can be CEO, I’m pretty sure there’s people would be pleased with the outcome of a different CEO.

I could go on with various aspects that in somebody’s mind that the outcome no matter what it is, it’s favorable. Maybe that’s what the saying means?

Not if he get's his ass kicked.

Who cares who wins? Both will come out looking human, the announcers will be gushing over each other’s grit (and it’ll be true, no one here dares to do a cage match), everyone on earth will be watching, nothing like this has ever happened. Most of the world (except jaded Americans) actually look up to self made people who are in the top ten in the world, this fight will be epic. And again, it doesn’t matter who wins.

A knock out is hugely unlikely since neither is accurate or quick enough to deliver such a blow (It is rare enough with professionals), so they’ll be in the ring for quite a while piling on superficial damage on each other. Mad respect to both.

Zuck is Ju Jitsu trained, Elon has a bad back /slipped disc?due to a sumo wrestling match. Fighting a ju-jitsu black belt with no training ....(odds are worse than Khabib vs McGregor)

Musk had back problems UNTIL he had two vertebrae fused. He’s fine now.

Zuck is a white belt! Where did this black belt crap come from? Zuck recently received his purple belt in Jui Jitsu.

And Musk will be training. If this fight happens before 2024, I’ll be shocked.

Last edited:
I envy your optimism.
We have a (great) Tesla CEO that his worn thin by being also the CEO of SpaceX, owner of Twitter + Neuralink and BoringCo, + father of 10, + social media influencer, etc.
I don't know what other distraction does he need tbh.
His biographer said recently on record that context switching does not do him any good, and Elon did say that himself (jokingly, as he does):
Train is one thing, train for the most viewed fight in history is another, and I fail to see how this will "improve" his focus on Tesla problems. Anyway, nothing I can do about it but vent, and I'll stop it now.

You want him to have zero hobbies? Work all the time? Drink alcohol and pop Ambien to take the edge off? This is a much better activity than the alternatives.

There‘s a reason people with high stress jobs drink a lot. Working out is a much better alternative.

• Helpful
Reactions: KBF and JRP3
You want him to have zero hobbies? Work all the time? Drink alcohol and pop Ambien to take the edge off? This is a much better activity than the alternatives.

There‘s a reason people with high stress jobs drink a lot. Working out is a much better alternative.
I'm all for him to train, do martial arts, etc. Never said otherwise.
Train for a (MMA?) cage fight seen by the world is a different matter.
Btw, his pal Lex thinks the same.

Reactions: betstarship
Here's one for @Krugerrand.
1687980607544.png

Haven't seen this posted yet - Randy Pobst did a respectable sub-10 minute Pikes Peak Hill Climb this past weekend in the UP Tesla Model S Plaid for a top 10 finish. Watching this reminds me of TSLA stock in 2020... up, up and up. Maybe we're ready for a repeat performance?

Awesome footage!

When we drove up Pikes Peak a couple years ago, they were re-paving at the summit so we were limited to Devil's Landing. We took it a little slower than Randy did. I was hoping there was a time stamp on the video so I could spot Devil's Landing. He went so fast I missed it the first time through, but spotted it the second time. At about the 8 minute mark you can see the crowd of people gathered on the hill at Devil's Landing. Then, after two hair-pin turns, you can briefly see the parking area. He's beyond it at 8:20.

Here's my picture of those two hair-pin turns looking down from that hill. I'm sure you can spot my Model 3, (5th vehicle from the left in that closest row.) The white Model Y parked by itself out in the open was brand new at the time. We had met them at the SuperCharger prior to Pikes Peak and charged to 95% not knowing we didn't need anywhere near that much. We met them again at the rest area, (brake check), about half-way down. He had remembered to clock range at Devil's Landing so he could calculate his regen miles at the bottom. (I think he had picked up 11 miles at that point.)

1688065312384.jpeg