Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Off topic galore

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The octovalve allows the car to heat or cool the pack, drive units, and refrigerant independently. It is not an enabling technology for standard single mode at a time heat or cool house systems.

If one had a system with solar collectors, air to coolant zoned exchangers, and external radiators, it would be more applicable.

Tesla before Elon DOES NOT EQUAL Tesla after Elon, they are two VERY different companies. He created the company which we invest in today, and without him it would have never existed. Tesla would have surely failed without Elon, heck it almost failed WITH him.
Irrelevant. If a doctor saves the life of an 8 month old that does not mean he was there during the conception. Elon did not found the company. If he hadn't been told about Tesla by someone else he likely would have founded his own company with JB.

I'll also point out that some of the struggles Tesla went through even from the beginning were caused by Elon trying to do too much too soon. Early Roadster production was delayed because Elon wanted the door sills lower because a woman in a skirt had a difficult time getting in and out which was a major structural redesign. That could have been left to a later iteration. And we all know about the Model X difficulties.

Elon joining Tesla was without a doubt a huge overall benefit but we should avoid deifying him.

I assume everyone thinks this is him warning about a margin hit. But everyone already knows that materials are way up and that Tesla has more than enough demand to increase prices. So perhaps it's just Elon being his overly frank self.

You missed the joke. :)
I guess I did, your use of present tense reactions for a 3+ year old tweet combined with the like vs funny ratio made me conclude people were not seeeing the date.

• Funny
Reactions: Artful Dodger
Thanks for your reply (appreciated). So did Tesla even have other business lines other than automotive when the 2012 CEO comp. plan was drafted? This may not be specified in the plan because its self-evident.

Cheers!
Indeed they did not, thus the ambiguity of automotive (with or without credits) or total. They call out automotive separately in their filings which supports an automotive focused target.

• Helpful
Reactions: Artful Dodger
I don't want to sell anything, buy anything, or process anything as a career. I don't want to sell anything bought or processed, or buy anything sold or processed, or process anything sold, bought, or processed, or repair anything sold, bought, or processed. I just want to hold my TSLA. OK, eventually I'll sell some of it, oh and I occasionally buy more, but TSLA isn't really processed is it? I definitely don't intend to process or repair TSLA.
You just say anything, don't you...;);)

Reactions: dhanson865
Paul is a bit miffed...

While the court unanimously approved Tesla’s application, which was submitted in February by the automaker, one concern was brought forward by a man named Paul, who has worked on the Colorado River Conservancy Project for “almost a full year.” Paul stated he represented the Environmental Justice Organization based in East Austin.
“My partner and I made cookies and made notes and took it to our neighbors and they were reciprocated with thoughtful items and how to if I need tree trimming to let [neighbors] next door know, and we shake hands. What if I moved to the neighborhood and said nothing to anyone for two years? What if I spent every day doing landscaping work and tearing down trees and building stuff and throwing dust all over my neighbors’ houses, and how about re-routing my driveway and discharging polluted water into our neighborhood creek and blocking the street with massive trucks?”
Quick, somebody tweet a cookie recipe to Elon.