Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Off topic galore

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Lmao, the FTX fiasco continues. This time it's been uncovered that they bought a ridiculous number of luxury homes.

The parents of Sam Bankman-Fried (SBF), along with senior executives of the now-bankrupt FTX, bought at least 19 properties worth nearly US$121 million in the Bahamas over the past two years

Oh and the best part... SBF's parents are lawyers... ya think they didn't know wtf was going? Yea, ok and bridge something something for sale.

When asked by Reuters whether the vacation home was bought in cash or via FTX, a spokesman for SBF’s parents said they have been trying to return the property to the exchange. “Since before the bankruptcy proceedings, Mr. Bankman and Ms. Fried have been seeking to return the deed to the company and are awaiting further instructions,” the spokesman said.

Lmao, the FTX fiasco continues. This time it's been uncovered that they bought a ridiculous number of luxury homes.

Oh and the best part... SBF's parents are lawyers... ya think they didn't know wtf was going? Yea, ok and bridge something something for sale.

Why hasn't this guy been arrested? No extradition agreement in place with the Bahamas?

Why hasn't this guy been arrested? No extradition agreement in place with the Bahamas?

Feds are considering it but... I'm pretty sure SBF is gonna suddenly die before they even get to it. And there's the fact that they haven't done anything which I take to mean SBF shelled himself up well before it melted down.

Not really Tesla related, but former Tesla lead discusses AI etc:

The other guys don't have a good grasp of AI so, Jim basically explains the basic and they ask non profound questions. But always nice to listen to Jim.
at 44 minutes in (at 1.5 speed) He mentions Iain M Banks Culture Minds and how they are interested in different things, then at 50 min mentions "Mutaully Assured Florishing" they all failed to overtly mention that AI's think a lot faster and can look at many different outcomes but implied it (speed again)

• Informative
Reactions: ElectricIAC
SpaceX is already a telecom who is involved in phone business via their Starlink direct to cell business venture. The publicized plan is to cooperate with existing telecom such as T-Mobile, but there're also indication they may develop specialized phone chips for communicating with Starlink and cover this business segment themselves. And they may also being working on a GPS replacement, which involves specialized user terminal as well. So a complete phone is not as far fetched as people think.

That's it! Im boycotting Dominos!!

View attachment 878447
But will they make a cool pizza delivery car again with an oven door on the side?

E94B26DB-67DC-4074-A809-847FB99544FD.jpeg

That's it! Im boycotting Dominos!!

View attachment 878447
Anyone silly enough to have had 'pizza' at Dominick's in Ypsilanti, Michigan most likely did not repeat the folly with Domino's. I partook, but I was in high school at the time visiting my soon-to-be colleagues in Ann Arbor. Frankly I never went bach to Ypsi either. That they now use Bolts is perfectly in tune with their character./s

Apologize for actually disclosing that I was ever there. OTOH, I met Nicholas Rashevsky on the same trip and have ever since been fascinated by Mathematical Biophysics and Ukraine, although truthfully I was really closer to the young lady then editor of The Bulletin of Mathematical Biophysics/ AKA: the Worm Runner's Digest.

OK, it's Saturday. I'm happy they did not use Tesla.

Last edited:
Well - since my original post was deleted, better keep a copy of the follow-up one here for my troubles in case that one also gets deleted

Really, friend, did you *have* to go and post that??? :)

Gains erased. :(

It is very rare for TSLA to go strongly *against* the Q's ; normally the MM's (Market Makers) plays the average "investor" with their moves, actually the more profitable (for them) options market. See @Papafox 's daily reports, for example Papafox's Daily TSLA Trading Charts

Turns out tomorrow might be another positive for TSLA as Xi's seems to be backing out, calming the situation/ markets - tho as usual nothing's certain in the markets, and that's for sure : D

Incidentally on the Twitter front, good news too

Another one which may also be zapped by a mod, who knows.

In a pique of moron-ism, I looked in this thread on a fine evening of a well-deserved holiday.

I am ready to ban every last one of you posters who are full-frontally violating the MANY-TIMES repeated directives as to where to post Twitter comments, with or without your own unasked-for and unwanted political rantings.
Well - I'm really sorry I didn't remember that exact directive - in my mind the really unusual decoupling of the TSLA SP with the NASDAQ (1) and the huge objective (not opinion, factual) developments in the Twitter arena (2) justified mentioning it in the main Investment thread. How could the Thread not be aware of these?

Not questioning that I made a mistake not "getting" the rule correctly, I would have assumed (yes ass u me) the mods would at least just MOVE that post in the Twitter thread, not just zap it - which is sort of demoralizing for folks dropping on the thread and seeing no positive news on TSLA SP, only discussions of tires, software updates, trips across the US, FSD experience and various casual ramblings..

Thread in question was posted today 22/11/28 around 4:20 pm

(1) Unusual decoupling of the TSLA SP with the NASDAQ

TSLA.Yahoo.chart.221128.12.33.jpg

(2) Huge, objective (not opinion, factual) developments in the Twitter arena

Twitter taking on Apple head on - didn't have a choice, " Apple has also threatened to withhold Twitter from its App Store, but won’t tell us why"
(see his meme below on that)

Elon stating he'll develop a Tesla phone if necessary

Twitter first in calling the SBF scandalous soft treatment by the Press " This is one the biggest failures in US journalistic integrity of the 21st century"

"I am excited about the Twitter situation. It's an asset that has languished for a long time, but it has incredible potential. Although myself and the other investors are obviously overpaying for Twitter right now, the long-term potential for Twitter is an order of magnitude greater than its current value."

The point I made which is not that personal or political is that by engaging a record growing number of new users w/ record engagement many members are happy to pay the $8 and would even like to invest in Twitter, which is actually indirectly possible via investing in Tesla.

EMSK.Twitter.gotowar.jpg

Reactions: UltradoomY
SpaceX is already a telecom who is involved in phone business via their Starlink direct to cell business venture. The publicized plan is to cooperate with existing telecom such as T-Mobile, but there're also indication they may develop specialized phone chips for communicating with Starlink and cover this business segment themselves. And they may also being working on a GPS replacement, which involves specialized user terminal as well. So a complete phone is not as far fetched as people think.
Further, Elon has already told the world that Neuralink's 1st product will be a phone: (2021-04-08)

Please love to kid themselves that Elon throws out random product ideas on a whim. History show that instead he as a decades-long product roadmap in mind, and reveals small fragments of the overall plan at opportune times. This "30% Apple Store Tax" issue has been brewing with Elon for years, if you paid attention.

He's now in a position to roll out the plan:
  • Starlink v2 satellites will offer world-wide cellular coverage to any place that can see the sky
  • if other cellular companies want to partner, they will have to share their spectrum with SpaceX
  • Twitter will be both an app store and a global meeting place
  • this will be all-inclusive, even enabling internet access to people with profound disabilities
Liz Wheeler on Twitter: "If Apple & Google boot Twitter from their app stores, @elonmusk should produce his own smartphone. Half the country would happily ditch the biased, snooping iPhone & Android. The man builds rockets to Mars, a silly little smartphone should be easy, right?" / Twitter

Yeah, Elon's gonna build a phone. Notice he said "I will make a phone", not Tesla will make a phone? I think it'll be the X-phone, and it'll be make by robots in Texas.

Cheers!

• Informative
Reactions: CLK350
An interesting enough surmise that perhaps you could rewrite it in such a fashion as to allow it to fit in a thread other than this Purgatory. My suggestion would be Neuralink.
(I was not the Mod who moved it here, if Mod it was.)