Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Off topic galore

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Livestock recycles carbon that's already in play. The carbon in fossil fuel is carbon that was, long ago, taken out of the game. You are misguidedly giving up both health and pleasure by not eating meat.

By the way, I literally just finished eating one of those steaks. Actually half of one, it was very large. I'm hoping my son doesn't eat the other half tonight so I can have it with my eggs in the morning.
I fart methane gas in your general direction.

Livestock recycles carbon that's already in play. The carbon in fossil fuel is carbon that was, long ago, taken out of the game. You are misguidedly giving up both health and pleasure by not eating meat.
Plenty of evidence that meat does not offer health benefits and in many cases may be detrimental. Also plenty of evidence that the emissions of agriculture are far more than just recycled CO2. It's not just the CO2 from livestock, it's also the far more powerful methane they produce as well as the emissions of planting and harvesting all the crops produced to feed them. Just as it's more efficient to use solar panels to directly charge EV's instead of the hydrogen fuel cell production chain it's more efficient to plant crops to directly feed humans.

Livestock takes up nearly 80% of global agricultural land, yet produces less than 20% of the world’s supply of calories

I did a little reading on the subject, but haven't done a deep dive. Also found this article interesting but also didn't deep dive.

I do think statistics aren't always as clear as we might think, especially when we apply our bias to them i.e. whether we are a vegan or a meat eater.
Does regenerative ranching actually work? Unfortunately, the answer is more straightforward than regenerative ranching itself: No.
Multiple scientific studies find that regenerative ranching has severe sustainability and scale issues.

A certain school of ranchers believe meat is essentially a byproduct of the important and even necessary environmental services they are ostensibly providing by grazing domesticated ruminants in very specific ways. However, the science doesn't support this idea. In fact, more than one extensive review has found the opposite to be true; that these methods don't compensate for the damage they cause, let alone provide benefits.

W

By the way, I literally just finished eating one of those steaks. Actually half of one, it was very large. I'm hoping my son doesn't eat the other half tonight so I can have it with my eggs in the morning.
So much ignorance in one post.

The more animal flesh consumed, the faster one will have a chronic illness and endure premature death, but don't let the data stop you . . . sometimes one can tell well in advance when someone's mind is already made up and does not wish to be bothered with any facts. This is one of those times.

For others reading, here you go (assuming you don't believe that all peer-reviewed papers are fraudulent, of course):

What on earth does Tesla needing to be vegan have to do with the stock price?
Simple.

Look at Tesla's mission.

Look at the facts related to animal consumption.

You can't square the circle--Tesla has to become the world's largest vegan company if they are to remain true to their mission statement and not be hypocrites. People don't like hypocrites, or companies run by same.

It's why Tesla's products are 100% vegan, despite two shareholder resolutions in the previous decade which failed by upwards of 99% of the shareholder votes, IIRC. Tesla's leadership team GETS IT, despite the many, many Tesla shareholders living in the land of ignorance and make believe . . . .

W

So much ignorance in one post.

The more animal flesh consumed, the faster one will have a chronic illness and endure premature death, but don't let the data stop you . . . sometimes one can tell well in advance when someone's mind is already made up and does not wish to be bothered with any facts. This is one of those times.

For others reading, here you go (assuming you don't believe that all peer-reviewed papers are fraudulent, of course):

Step back. You come at me in an investment forum to preach your veganism? Then you call me ignorant and close minded? What the heck is wrong with you?

How about you put your health status where your mouth is.
  1. Can you lift as much weight as me?
  2. Can you run as fast as me? (no distance, I only do sprints)
  3. Is you resting heart rate as low as mine?
  4. Are you as lean as me?
I'm 58 years old and I have high confidence, whatever age you are, I've got you beat. Where do you feel lucky? Put up your best number or shirtless pic. Backup your preaching or bug off.

Interesting thread... the link in the first post is enlightening:

It was not only the door sills as leg room and width were also extended an inch or so. Even then the Roadster felt like a car you put on. Tiny and I am 5’ 8” and 175lbs. Many were just too big for even the expanded Roadster.

Maybe he's still in there

Step back. You come at me in an investment forum to preach your veganism? Then you call me ignorant and close minded? What the heck is wrong with you?

How about you put your health status where your mouth is.
  1. Can you lift as much weight as me?
  2. Can you run as fast as me? (no distance, I only do sprints)
  3. Is you resting heart rate as low as mine?
  4. Are you as lean as me?
I'm 58 years old and I have high confidence, whatever age you are, I've got you beat. Where do you feel lucky? Put up your best number or shirtless pic. Backup your preaching or bug off.
Best for all to avoid mind-bending steroids.

Recommend a review of the facts and morality of animal consumption--by any measure it's the single most destructive thing the vast majority will do in their entire lifetimes.

Putting animal flesh on a fork is directly in contrast to Tesla's mission. Period.

Factual reminders?

Start at the top and work your way down:

I'm sorry if the facts cause some minds to melt; as adults in incumbent upon us to act as such, and take action to mitigate the threats posed by unchecked GHG dumping.

A great place to begin is take flesh off your forks.

Reactions: Dikkie Dik
Best for all to avoid mind-bending steroids.

Recommend a review of the facts and morality of animal consumption--by any measure it's the single most destructive thing the vast majority will do in their entire lifetimes.

Putting animal flesh on a fork is directly in contrast to Tesla's mission. Period.

Factual reminders?

Start at the top and work your way down:

I'm sorry if the facts cause some minds to melt; as adults in incumbent upon us to act as such, and take action to mitigate the threats posed by unchecked GHG dumping.

A great place to begin is take flesh off your forks.
You don't get the concept of Right Time, Right Place.

Investor Day is in Texas, but Tesla seems to be setting up for something at the Palo Alto campus. Twitter user 'Prasun' whose bio is 'Staff Manufacturing Engineer @ Tesla Vehicle Manufacturing' responds with a smiley face..

Edit: This wasn't the site of the Elon/Newsom press conference, it's something else.

Isn't that where Gavin and Elon had their Tesla Engineering HQ announcement?

No, that was at the former HP site.
So was this?

Reactions: UltradoomY

Feb. 27, 2023 4:32 PM PST
Photo: Twitter CEO Elon Musk. Art: Shane Burke/Photo: Bloomberg
Elon Musk has approached artificial intelligence researchers in recent weeks about forming a new research lab to develop an alternative to ChatGPT, the high-profile chatbot made by the startup OpenAI, according to two people with direct knowledge of the effort and a third person briefed on the conversations.
In recent months Musk has repeatedly criticized OpenAI for installing safeguards that prevent ChatGPT from producing text that might offend users. Musk, who co-founded OpenAI in 2015 but has since cut ties with the startup, suggested last year that OpenAI’s technology was an example of “training AI to be woke.” His comments imply that a rival chatbot would have fewer restrictions on divisive subjects compared to ChatGPT and a related chatbot Microsoft recently launched.
To spearhead the effort, Musk has been recruiting Igor Babuschkin, a researcher who recently left Alphabet’s DeepMind AI unit and specializes in the kind of machine-learning models that power chatbots like ChatGPT. In an interview, Babuschkin said building a chatbot with fewer content safeguards is not Musk’s objective.
Notice: this is so off topic so it'll probably just go away. That said...

If the output of ChatGPT is too "woke", just feed it to a (Harlem) "jive" filter, where it won't be politically correct unless
you know it's parody.

Yet, according to the origin story of woke, it's from African American Vernacular English, but without the parody.

For amusement only, try jive translation of something that ChatGPT won't do, ala:

Like say para #2 of item #3, or

"Furthermore, discussing partisan political issues could be perceived as biased or potentially offensive to some users. As a language model designed to serve a broad range of users with diverse backgrounds and beliefs, it's important to remain neutral and avoid creating a potentially uncomfortable or divisive environment. While I can provide factual information about political issues, I strive to remain impartial and avoid taking a partisan stance on any topic."

At this point Tesla service doesn’t know if software or hardware. Or both. It is established that there is car to car variation in the performance of FSD. Mine has been wiped and reinstalled 3 times. Cameras, computer, etc check normal. I think they’re going after it the old fashioned way—throw parts at it.
Low chance it is this but some cars had wire harnesses where the tri-camera feeds were swapped.

Yes, true. Model S Plaid and Porsche Taycan came with Pirelli P Zero custom designed for high performance BEV. Since then all major tire makers are doing analogous efforts.

More recently Goodyear has developed production-ready airlessntiresmintended tomsupport autonomous, BEV and other cars. Those also are allegedly planned for Tesla deployment but I can find no confirmation about that one.

The BEV high performance tires are all structured to deal with high weight high performance situations. A close look and OEM Plaid or Taycan tires shows how different they appear to be.
They look alike but do have different codes.
Just asking; what’s going on with the keyboard on your device of late? Or are you suddenly suffering from fat finger syndrome. Recently your posts have gone from literally zero typos, zero wrong spellings, zero punctuation issues to all sorts of stuffs. 🤷🏻

Just asking; what’s going on with the keyboard on your device of late? Or are you suddenly suffering from fat finger syndrome. Recently your posts have gone from literally zero typos, zero wrong spellings, zero punctuation issues to all sorts of stuffs. 🤷🏻
Traveling. Typing on iPhone. Tired. Old and Irritated. Coping with old clients asking about things they should have done last year. Bad typist.