Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Off topic galore

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Too funny. Especially how happy she was at the end.

Lol.

So far 4K views. This one will go viral.

Solved, new sticker comes with the vehicle (California only, lol).

1674143266315.png

How about we all get stickers, big ones on the back bumper. I bet most don't even know how many of those cars on the road are electric. Heck, I didn't know there were so many Leafs out there until I started researching more on Hybrids. And when I tell friends about the infamous adoption curve, they don't believe me.

Side note, I think the video was possible stage in that it took so long for the guy to actually says "It's Electric" and stringing them along. However, his Youtube channel is pretty low profile, so maybe. I could see this happening, just not for so long. Any why pick up the tow bar or open the Frunk in the first place?

Solved, new sticker comes with the vehicle (California only, lol).

View attachment 897491

How about we all get stickers, big ones on the back bumper. I bet most don't even know how many of those cars on the road are electric. Heck, I didn't know there were so many Leafs out there until I started researching more on Hybrids. And when I tell friends about the infamous adoption curve, they don't believe me.

Side note, I think the video was possible stage in that it took so long for the guy to actually says "It's Electric" and stringing them along. However, his Youtube channel is pretty low profile, so maybe. I could see this happening, just not for so long. Any why pick up the tow bar or open the Frunk in the first place?

That video is 100% staged, I have zero doubts.

Ross will never be on the board and that is not the point that I am arguing about. Dumping $40B on the open market didn't help and we even lost one of our long time members because of the restless selling. There was no good reason for someone to inflict so much pain on longer term investors when Elon could have accomplished the same goal with a better strategy. Maybe he is not aware of this but he needs to be made aware and he should care more about his shareholders. That's the point I am arguing about and I don't think any of us were feeling happy about how the stock tanked in December because it was merciless. The stock might go up eventually but is not going to be easy IMO. In my case, Elon broke my trust and I will be looking for an opportunity to get out of the stock and move to something more stable and I am not looking at $400 either. I am tired of this roller-coaster ride and I take sanity over money.
Unfortunately this is the case for a lot of shareholders. I believe there are some significant resistance levels ahead of us where even long time bulls are going to cash out. They won't say anything but they will trim and adjust their portfolio.

I've said it before, Elon is good at engineering, and perhaps some problem solving but his not good at a lot of other things. Which is evident in his dealings with the Twitter settlement, advertisers, politics, share price etc. The list goes on. I believe he may actually be oblivious to this fact and thinks his good, has made the right moves and is popular right now.

Reactions: navguy12
In my case, Elon broke my trust and I will be looking for an opportunity to get out of the stock and move to something more stable and I am not looking at $400 either. I am tired of this roller-coaster ride and I take sanity over money.

Elon Musk warned investors during the Q1 2018 Conference Call if you don't like volatility, don't buy TSLA stock:
Benjamin Joseph Kallo - Robert W. Baird & Co., Inc.
And anything you can do to help in the near-term on that, I think is helpful for the stock. (01:11:29) That's it.​
Elon Reeve Musk - Tesla, Inc.
I think that if people are concerned about volatility, they should definitely not buy our stock. I'm not here to convince you to buy our stock. Do not buy it if volatility is scary. There you go.​

But by 2023 it's his fault if you didn't sell at any of the numerous ATHs reached since then May 2018? Why not? You were on TMC back then, so it's not like you were ignorant of his warning. Was it greed? But then that's on Elon too, right? Cuz he sold some at the highs, and you didn't?

Or because he sold more on the way down? You think TSLA stock went down 50% in Dec because Elon sold 0.8% of TSLA's float? Please. That was 99.2% short sellers, who jumped on another perceived opportunity, while paying media stooges to spread fear in an organized campaign.

Well, it worked! You are their target, and their victum. Does it feel better to blame Elon?

P.S. Elon selling in some hypothetical stock offering WOULD NOT have changed the outcome. There is no secrecy at GoldmanSach with $billion at stake. Wall St hedge funds would have front-run any sale no matter what. Even if the sales were in a dark pool, word would get out, and Elon has to file an SEC report within 3 days anyway.

SHORTS did this, then blamed Elon, because he's in the light of day, and they are in the shadows. Butt-hurt fingerpointing does not change the facts. Shorts are trying to hobble Tesla, and they're STILL trying to get rid of Elon by attacking him.

Remember what the SEC asked for as relief in Oct 2018? Yeah, remove the CEO. Sound familiar? Wait until the next AGM, you hear it some more. Then ask yourself if shortsellers and their SEC stooges got their way, would TSLA have hit ATHs in 2019, 2020, and again in 2021 without Elon's vision and leadership. Luckily for investors, the Judge could see that, in advance.

TL;dr If volatility is scary, sell TSLA stock. Because shortzes will not stop as long as they're making money off the rubes.

Q. Why did TSLA go up on Tuesday?​
A. So hedgies could short it on Wednesday.​

Reactions: bkp_duke
Elon Musk warned investors during the Q1 2018 Conference Call if you don't like volatility, don't buy TSLA stock:
Benjamin Joseph Kallo - Robert W. Baird & Co., Inc.
And anything you can do to help in the near-term on that, I think is helpful for the stock. (01:11:29) That's it.​
Elon Reeve Musk - Tesla, Inc.
I think that if people are concerned about volatility, they should definitely not buy our stock. I'm not here to convince you to buy our stock. Do not buy it if volatility is scary. There you go.​

But by 2023 it's his fault if you didn't sell at any of the numerous ATHs reached since then May 2018? Why not? You were on TMC back then, so it's not like you were ignorant of his warning. Was it greed? But then that's on Elon too, right? Cuz he sold some at the highs, and you didn't?

Or because he sold more on the way down? You think TSLA stock went down 50% in Dec because Elon sold 0.8% of TSLA's float? Please. That was 99.2% short sellers, who jumped on another perceived opportunity, while paying media stooges to spread fear in an organized campaign.

Well, it worked! You are their target, and their victum. Does it feel better to blame Elon?

P.S. Elon selling in some hypothetical stock offering WOULD NOT have changed the outcome. There is no secrecy at GoldmanSach with $billion at stake. Wall St hedge funds would have front-run any sale no matter what. Even if the sales were in a dark pool, word would get out, and Elon has to file an SEC report within 3 days anyway.

SHORTS did this, then blamed Elon, because he's in the light of day, and they are in the shadows. Butt-hurt fingerpointing does not change the facts. Shorts are trying to hobble Tesla, and they're STILL trying to get rid of Elon by attacking him.

Remember what the SEC asked for as relief in Oct 2018? Yeah, remove the CEO. Sound familiar? Wait until the next AGM, you hear it some more. Then ask yourself if shortsellers and their SEC stooges got their way, would TSLA have hit ATHs in 2019, 2020, and again in 2021 without Elon's vision and leadership. Luckily for investors, the Judge could see that, in advance.

TL;dr If volatility is scary, sell TSLA stock. Because shortzes will not stop as long as they're making money off the rubes.

Q. Why did TSLA go up on Tuesday?​
A. So hedgies could short it on Wednesday.​

You are right I was naive and I had a holder mentality which hurt me and I should have sold some stock. I never thought what happened this year was remotely possible specially to a company executing so well. We have been cut in half before and I have been fine with that but during those times Elon was not part of the melt down which made things incredibly stressful.

Just because Elon said that the stock will be volatile doesn't give him a license to do whatever he wants and hurt share holders. Tesla is not his company and he has responsibilities to all the stake holders. Sure short sellers have most of the blame but who opened the door to the shortsellers?

I learned my lesson here and like I said I will start to get out from the stock as I see it fit. Elon's image is not what it used to be and with age it seems that he is becoming more stubborn and reckless. Right now he is trying to be civil on Twitter but he will comfortable again and he will screw up again.... I hope I am wrong. I support Elon and I support Tesla but I cannot blindly say that he has done no wrong.

You are right I was naive and I had a holder mentality which hurt me and I should have sold some stock. I never thought what happened this year was remotely possible specially to a company executing so well. We have been cut in half before and I have been fine with that but during those times Elon was not part of the melt down which made things incredibly stressful.

Just because Elon said that the stock will be volatile doesn't give him a license to do whatever he wants and hurt share holders. Tesla is not his company and he has responsibilities to all the stake holders. Sure short sellers have most of the blame but who opened the door to the shortsellers?

I learned my lesson here and like I said I will start to get out from the stock as I see it fit. Elon's image is not what it used to be and with age it seems that he is becoming more stubborn and reckless. Right now he is trying to be civil on Twitter but he will comfortable again and he will screw up again.... I hope I am wrong. I support Elon and I support Tesla but I cannot blindly say that he has done no wrong.
Somehow, purchasing a media company and turning it around so that it at least is not losing money doesn't sound like a bad move to me. More was paid that should have been, but that was just one of those unforeseen things that can happen in business. Traditional media companies will never give Tesla a fair shake, so having one that can tell the other side of the story is likely the only way to get favourable exposure other than word-of-mouth. Bear in mind the best investor is a dead investor. I sell only when I need eat'n money and keep enough cash so that I'm not dependent upon the daily stock price. I'm not happy that the stock is down now, but I know it will rise up--I just don't know when.

Reactions: bkp_duke
Traditional media companies will never give Tesla a fair shake, so having one that can tell the other side of the story is likely the only way to get favourable exposure other than word-of-mouth.
There was nothing preventing Tesla from posting on Twitter as often as possible to counter the FUD before buying Twitter. Nor was there anything preventing Tesla from having a more active department actually responding to media inquires instead of leaving most FUD unanswered. Elon did not need to buy Twitter to achieve either of those goals.

There was nothing preventing Tesla from posting on Twitter as often as possible to counter the FUD before buying Twitter. Nor was there anything preventing Tesla from having a more active department actually responding to media inquires instead of leaving most FUD unanswered. Elon did not need to buy Twitter to achieve either of those goals.
But how long would Twitter have continued to exist?

But how long would Twitter have continued to exist?
Twitter is not the only social media platform and Elon could have started his own for much less money. Remember Elon himself realized too late that this was a horrible idea and tried to get out of it. Heck if it were in such dire straights before his takeover he could have waited till bankruptcy and gotten it for pennies.

Twitter is not the only social media platform and Elon could have started his own for much less money. Remember Elon himself realized too late that this was a horrible idea and tried to get out of it. Heck if it were in such dire straights before his takeover he could have waited till bankruptcy and gotten it for pennies.

How did that work for our former president?

Elon was buying a USER BASE, not the technology.

So Elon = Don in your eyes? You don't think Mr. 4D chess master could have done it better? In any case my suggestion to buy after bankruptcy still applies if Twitter was a "must have".

Don't put words in my mouth. I didn't say Elon was the same as Trump, just that Trump had over 100 million followers and still had trouble getting them to move to a different platform (one that even looks a whole lot like Twitter).

I've bought companies many times for just the user base, and not the technology. Twitter users appear to be what we call "sticky" users, for whatever reason. That makes those user a good reason to buy the company.

Twitter wasn't going to go to BK. There is no evidence that was going to happen. Cash flow was turning negative, but they could have simply nuked 1/2 the work force and been break even.

It took 40 decently good soldering attempts, but I have failed at building a diy nixie/tube clock for my weekend project

Attachments

• 328042057_775035790917125_3063225795543285357_n.png
    328042057_775035790917125_3063225795543285357_n.png
    4.4 MB · Views: 35
  • Informative
Reactions: UltradoomY
It is slightly crazy to think that a piece of Chinese surveillance technology was just shot down over our waters with a sidewinder out of a F22
Yeah, the cost disparity is what strikes me. A sidewinder costs around $400K. But I guess they didn’t have many other options since the F22 ceiling is 60,000 feet and the balloon was higher, so they couldn’t use the F22‘s guns. Time to roll out that fancy laser system the navy is testing (Although not sure it has a reach of 12 miles either!).