Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

OFFICIAL BUTTON WATCH

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
He said 10.2 will be a week from Friday.

And he said it as a followup to "wow, so much interest in people getting the feature they paid 10k for", so because of this I'm 99% sure that none of the button holders will get access to the beta before then.
I guess we'll wait and see, same as the last 6 months. I'm sure as we near the weekend, more details will pop up.

It depends on how you read the tweets. There is a possibility they'll still start adding people October 1st with 10.1 or a 10.1.1 (not a thing but I wouldn't totally rule it out).

My justification for this is that he stated they'd roll out together, then in his clarification only specified the 10.2 date, not the expansion of the beta date.

I'd guess its >70% possible you're right though which would make me sad...
Question is will they continue to monitor after 1st week for the safety score and use whatever is the score at the time of adding new testers or will they use the score at the end of this week ?

I don't particularly care (that much) whether the release comes this week or next.

So you think 14,000 people will have a score of 100? I don't think so. It's pretty easy to get dinged.
I didn’t say that. I said I think they will most likely not continue past about two weeks of 1000 added per day. If there is a perfect group of 1000 per % point, then yes at that point a pause would be at 86/87%. But, I AM pretty sure that as we get below probably 95/96%, the numbers in each percentile is going to go UP quite a bit above 1000 per meaning the terminal level for this first round will be most likely ABOVE 90%. But as I did say, we’ll see. I’m going to start a poll.

Reactions: momo3605
Question is will they continue to monitor after 1st week for the safety score and use whatever is the score at the time of adding new testers or will they use the score at the end of this week ?

I don't particularly care (that much) whether the release comes this week or next.
I think they'll continue to monitor it indefinitely and pull fsd beta if your score drops too low.

I think they'll continue to monitor it indefinitely and pull fsd beta if your score drops to low.
Yes - but what is the score they use for admitting ?

My assumption is the admitting score will be higher than kick-out score. So, I want to keep my score close to 100 until admitted and go back to driving normally (for me it is very conservative, anyway) after that. Looks like the safety rating now has too many issues - like you can't even go down a hill slowly without triggering hard braking.

well, slightly bummed. Im at 94 percent because i did a hard brake at a stop sign on day one...thought I couldnt drift through it.

Im working for 3 days so no driving, even with perfect driving the next 3 days, by day seven I probably will only get to 97 percent.

bummer-roski

well, slightly bummed. Im at 94 percent because i did a hard brake at a stop sign on day one...thought I couldnt drift through it.

Im working for 3 days so no driving, even with perfect driving the next 3 days, by day seven I probably will only get to 97 percent.

bummer-roski
If you do lots of mileage with high scores, you can bring your average back up. If you use autopilot you wont get dinged unless you get a forced disengagement, and the mileage will dilute your previous low score. Road trip.

According to Elon, they've already kicked people out of early access for dangerous driving.
Dangerous driving (like reading one’s cell phone while on FSD, which they do monitor now) is one thing, but having my score go from 100% to 50% because of someone cutting you off on the highway, getting dinged for that would set off an unprecedented storm, I think.

Reactions: manddarran
If you do lots of mileage with high scores, you can bring your average back up. If you use autopilot you wont get dinged unless you get a forced disengagement, and the mileage will dilute your previous low score. Road trip.
I thin the key would be to NOT use AP at all, right? and try one’s best to handle everything as perfectly as possible? I thought that none of the miles on AP counted at all?

I thin the key would be to NOT use AP at all, right? and try one’s best to handle everything as perfectly as possible? I thought that none of the miles on AP counted at all?
Is all my driving captured?
Tesla captures driving over all trips, where a trip consists of any driving (including reversing and Autopilot usage) occurring between the time the vehicle is powered on and able to be driven to the time the vehicle is powered off. Any driving and accrued mileage occurring while in service mode is excluded. Trips less than 0.1 mile will be excluded from scoring calculations. Driving on Autopilot will not be included in Safety Score calculations, but the miles driven while on Autopilot are included in the total.

Is all my driving captured?
Tesla captures driving over all trips, where a trip consists of any driving (including reversing and Autopilot usage) occurring between the time the vehicle is powered on and able to be driven to the time the vehicle is powered off. Any driving and accrued mileage occurring while in service mode is excluded. Trips less than 0.1 mile will be excluded from scoring calculations. Driving on Autopilot will not be included in Safety Score calculations, but the miles driven while on Autopilot are included in the total.

Still confused by this, does that mean the miles won't be added at all to dilute the calculations, or that dings are not included while on autopilot, but miles are counted towards calculations.

Hoping its the latter, so driving on autopilot will dilute any bad scores since youll never get dinged while on AP.

Reactions: edseloh