Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Official Tessie app talk

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Should work perfect on a Pixel Watch 2.

If it's not connecting follow the troubleshooting steps here. If even that isn't working you can try the latest beta by joining here.
I'll try to the removal troubleshooting step shortly. I am on the Beta but for some reason it never seems to connect after the initial pairing.

Is there a way to force the connection? Could that be an option in the future? Heck I'd be fine if auto connect was off and if I tapped the Watch Key status it tries. Might be nice to have auto connect configurable since it's just a backup to my phone

I'll try to the removal troubleshooting step shortly. I am on the Beta but for some reason it never seems to connect after the initial pairing.

Is there a way to force the connection? Could that be an option in the future? Heck I'd be fine if auto connect was off and if I tapped the Watch Key status it tries. Might be nice to have auto connect configurable since it's just a backup to my phone
BT connections are up to the OS layer. Once the device is paired the OS auto connects to it.

Is the Location permission set to Always? That is required for the OS to connect.

I find the app to be excellent, and the inclusion of an API is extremely beneficial. However, I have a security-related question. Like TeslaMate, does this app utilize both an access token and a refresh token? Additionally, is this token restricted to this app only, or could it be valid for other apps and services as well? Essentially, my concern is: if the token were to be compromised, would it enable unauthorized access to my car?

I find the app to be excellent, and the inclusion of an API is extremely beneficial. However, I have a security-related question. Like TeslaMate, does this app utilize both an access token and a refresh token? Additionally, is this token restricted to this app only, or could it be valid for other apps and services as well? Essentially, my concern is: if the token were to be compromised, would it enable unauthorized access to my car?
It uses tokens restricted to this service, but with Tessie's implementation stealing tokens are not sufficient to gain unauthorized access to most cars. Visit https://tesla.com/_ak/tessie.com as I recommended earlier in the thread. This will enable end-to-end command encryption that requires our unique signature. This will be required in 2024.

Thank you for your answer. I have another question: is it ok to use Tessie along with TeslaMate. I know your advise is Don't use multiple Tesla tracking apps, but I don't know if it applies to TeslaMate since it uses the Streaming API that does not wake up the car.

Thank you for your answer. I have another question: is it ok to use Tessie along with TeslaMate. I know your advise is Don't use multiple Tesla tracking apps, but I don't know if it applies to TeslaMate since it uses the Streaming API that does not wake up the car.
Both apps will compete for the streaming API and you may incur tracking issues in one or both apps, and the car might not sleep. Your call though. Once Direct Telemetry is live this won't be an issue.

Reactions: pep_dj
Both apps will compete for the streaming API and you may incur tracking issues in one or both apps, and the car might not sleep. Your call though. Once Direct Telemetry is live this won't be an issue.
Thank you. Just to clarify, will the prevention of sleep mode also occur when using the new official API with the "Next-Gen" option enabled? If so, do we have any estimated timeline for the activation of Direct Telemetry?

P.S.: I've just taken advantage of the Cyber Monday deal and secured a lifetime subscription :)

It uses whatever timezone is set under Automation > Timezone. It will stay on that until you change it.
Is there any way to make this stick per device or per car? My wife lives in Colorado and I live in Washington most of the time and changing that setting changes it for both of us. One solution is to set my automations to use mountain time instead of pst, otherwise one car will have their automations trigger at the wrong time.

Edit: In case it wasn't obvious we're talking about 2 different cars in different time zones as well.

Thank you. Just to clarify, will the prevention of sleep mode also occur when using the new official API with the "Next-Gen" option enabled? If so, do we have any estimated timeline for the activation of Direct Telemetry?

P.S.: I've just taken advantage of the Cyber Monday deal and secured a lifetime subscription :)
Using multiple trackers will prevent sleep until direct telemetry. Within the next 2 months.

Is there any way to make this stick per device or per car? My wife lives in Colorado and I live in Washington most of the time and changing that setting changes it for both of us. One solution is to set my automations to use mountain time instead of pst, otherwise one car will have their automations trigger at the wrong time.

Edit: In case it wasn't obvious we're talking about 2 different cars in different time zones as well.
Have two accounts or one timezone. The timezone doesn't need to match where you live, so just choose one and use the appropriate time.

Reactions: zoomer0056
I just switched to the next gen connection and it asked me to login to Tesla and give permissions for 4 categories. 1st category was profile info. Do we need to allow Tessie to pull this info? Thanks

Profile Information
Contact information, home address, profile picture, and referral information

Vehicle Information

Vehicle Commands

Vehicle Charging Management

Reactions: zoomer0056
Using multiple trackers will prevent sleep until direct telemetry. Within the next 2 months.
Thank you. I stopped using TeslaMate. I enjoy many aspects of Tessie, but I miss a specific feature from TeslaMate: the ability to view points on the map by moving the cursor over a graph, which was particularly useful for tracking speed at specific points.

I set up an automation, but it's not working. Could this be an issue with the owner API not being compatible with newer models, and should I switch to the Command SDK? Also, I didn't find a 'Next-Gen' option in the Tessie app's Connectivity settings. Is this feature available for Android users?

EDIT: I've found "Next-Gen" option in the web version

Last edited:
I just switched to the next gen connection and it asked me to login to Tesla and give permissions for 4 categories. 1st category was profile info. Do we need to allow Tessie to pull this info? Thanks

Profile Information
Contact information, home address, profile picture, and referral information

Vehicle Information

Vehicle Commands

Vehicle Charging Management
I don't think profile info is necessary for anything to work. We don't use any of those data points.
Thank you. I stopped using TeslaMate. I enjoy many aspects of Tessie, but I miss a specific feature from TeslaMate: the ability to view points on the map by moving the cursor over a graph, which was particularly useful for tracking speed at specific points.

I set up an automation, but it's not working. Could this be an issue with the owner API not being compatible with newer models, and should I switch to the Command SDK? Also, I didn't find a 'Next-Gen' option in the Tessie app's Connectivity settings. Is this feature available for Android users?

EDIT: I've found "Next-Gen" option in the web version
Yes, I really want that map feature too. It's coming.

Make sure you enable https://tesla.com/_ak/tessie.com for your car.

If it's still not working, email me at [email protected] from your account email.