Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Official Tessie app talk

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
(Legacy Model S in case it makes a difference)

I’m assuming that Tessie stops polling the vehicle to allow it to sleep after a certain idle period. Can I suggest there be some way to tag a location as an area not to try to sleep at that site? I’m finding that I’m missing drives where I visit a location for 25 to 35 mins before returning home.

Or is there a setting I’ve missed that would allow me to control that?

Reactions: zoomer0056
(Legacy Model S in case it makes a difference)

I’m assuming that Tessie stops polling the vehicle to allow it to sleep after a certain idle period. Can I suggest there be some way to tag a location as an area not to try to sleep at that site? I’m finding that I’m missing drives where I visit a location for 25 to 35 mins before returning home.

Or is there a setting I’ve missed that would allow me to control that?
Yep, legacy Model S works a bit differently and it works as you describe. Legacy connectivity provided us a way to be notified when driving started, to never miss drives, but this is currently a gap in the next-gen Tesla APIs.

Keep Sentry Mode enabled and you'll be good to go.

Yep, legacy Model S works a bit differently and it works as you describe. Legacy connectivity provided us a way to be notified when driving started, to never miss drives, but this is currently a gap in the next-gen Tesla APIs.

Keep Sentry Mode enabled and you'll be good to go.

Thanks James - I've now set an automation to enable sentry mode on arrival at the site I want to remain awake at, but I can't see the complementary option to disable it on departure. Does it disable automatically, or is there another way to ensure it doesn't remain on?

Thanks James - I've now set an automation to enable sentry mode on arrival at the site I want to remain awake at, but I can't see the complementary option to disable it on departure. Does it disable automatically, or is there another way to ensure it doesn't remain on?
Yeah, can only change Sentry Mode while parked. You could schedule it. Or, if you're on iOS, maybe set up a Shortcuts automation to disable it when your phone connects to the car's Bluetooth system or something like that.

Hi,

First of all, I'm from the Netherlands. so english is not my native language 😉

I have had the tessie app for about 6 days now and I like it very much. By the way, mainly use it on Apple Watch Ultra 2 with LTE. Have some questions:

1. Why can't I just choose the app (i.e. tessie icon) instead of percentage, open door, etc. for complications (watch face) on the watch?
2. Could there be a function in the app that you can turn on and off, that requires additional confirmation to turn something on. Prevents you from accidentally opening your door or unlocking your car, etc. Eg unlocked/locked, do not ask for confirmation, but open the door, etc.
3. Perhaps there could be more shortcuts on the Apple Watch instead of 3 on the home screen. There is plenty of space.
4. Being able to adjust the order on the Apple Watch just like in the app.
5. Add temperature as a complication on the watch face
6. Not all shortcuts available on the iPhone app. Are also available on the watch face (complications)

In summary, I notice that you just have to scroll "a lot" on the watch
to be able to turn certain basic things on/off. I think this could really be a lot easier. I now have Watchla as a test and it really works better (from the watch).

Hi,

First of all, I'm from the Netherlands. so english is not my native language 😉

I have had the tessie app for about 6 days now and I like it very much. By the way, mainly use it on Apple Watch Ultra 2 with LTE. Have some questions:

1. Why can't I just choose the app (i.e. tessie icon) instead of percentage, open door, etc. for complications (watch face) on the watch?
2. Could there be a function in the app that you can turn on and off, that requires additional confirmation to turn something on. Prevents you from accidentally opening your door or unlocking your car, etc. Eg unlocked/locked, do not ask for confirmation, but open the door, etc.
3. Perhaps there could be more shortcuts on the Apple Watch instead of 3 on the home screen. There is plenty of space.
4. Being able to adjust the order on the Apple Watch just like in the app.
5. Add temperature as a complication on the watch face
6. Not all shortcuts available on the iPhone app. Are also available on the watch face (complications)

In summary, I notice that you just have to scroll "a lot" on the watch
to be able to turn certain basic things on/off. I think this could really be a lot easier. I now have Watchla as a test and it really works better (from the watch).
1. Personally, feels kind of overly brand-ish and off-putting to me to have a function that is just a logo. If you want to use it to open the app, is there a reason why you don't use the battery complication? Do you prefer a branding icon instead for some reason?
2. Maybe.
3. When the app was designed watchOS couldn't handle a dynamic amount of rows; may be different now. Will look into adding this.
4. To adjust the order, you can enable controls in the order you want.
5. The car doesn't report the temperature while asleep and the complication data is delayed. It would almost never be correct. So, no.
6. There are limitations to the number of complications/widgets that will run on different OS versions, so they must be added with care as it eats up the limit. Which specific controls are you missing that you need on the watch face?

1. Personally, feels kind of overly brand-ish and off-putting to me to have a function that is just a logo. If you want to use it to open the app, is there a reason why you don't use the battery complication? Do you prefer a branding icon instead for some reason?
2. Maybe.
3. When the app was designed watchOS couldn't handle a dynamic amount of rows; may be different now. Will look into adding this.
4. To adjust the order, you can enable controls in the order you want.
5. The car doesn't report the temperature while asleep and the complication data is delayed. It would almost never be correct. So, no.
6. There are limitations to the number of complications/widgets that will run on different OS versions, so they must be added with care as it eats up the limit. Which specific controls are you missing that you need on the watch face?
1. Maybe, but on the Watch face its very clean if you can show also the Tessie app icon. Same as the door opening icons. Also very clean.
2. Why maybe? have had multiple times that I accidently open the car. Also some action of Tessie on the watchface do have a “ask to confirm” .
3. Complications in the middle of the Watch face are with Watchla 21. So It could be possible. As example I cant select vent Windows etc. At the edge of the Watch face i dont know. See attachment for “edge” and “middle” Watch face. They are different.
IMG_3730.jpeg

4. Adjust the order is not possible on the Watch in Tessie app. It is on the Tessie app on iPhone.
5. Okay 👍🏻
6. It would be very, very nice that i configure It my self. Maybe the first 5, 6 or 7 in the control section are visible on the main screen of the Tessie app on Apple Watch. Same function as the Tessie app on iPhone but then also on Apple Watch.

Extra “feature” live charging metrics in Dynamic Island on iPhone?

Last edited:
1. Maybe, but on the Watch face its very clean if you can show also the Tessie app icon. Same as the door opening icons. Also very clean.
2. Why maybe? have had multiple times that I accidently open the car. Also some action of Tessie on the watchface do have a “ask to confirm” .
3. Complications in the middle of the Watch face are with Watchla 21. So It could be possible. As example I cant select vent Windows etc. At the edge of the Watch face i dont know. See attachment for “edge” and “middle” Watch face. They are different. View attachment 1041346
4. Adjust the order is not possible on the Watch in Tessie app. It is on the Tessie app on iPhone.
5. Okay 👍🏻
6. It would be very, very nice that i configure It my self. Maybe the first 5, 6 or 7 in the control section are visible on the main screen of the Tessie app on Apple Watch. Same function as the Tessie app on iPhone but then also on Apple Watch.

Extra “feature” live charging metrics in Dynamic Island on iPhone?
If complications are getting pressed by mistake and you want a "double press to confirm" you can use the battery complication to open the app and then tap the control. Now it takes two taps, much like a confirmation prompt. Not exactly the same but might be close enough for you.

The order can be adjusted by enabling the shortcuts in the order you want. I assure you it works!

Live charging is in R&D pending some new tech Tesla is working on. 😁

If complications are getting pressed by mistake and you want a "double press to confirm" you can use the battery complication to open the app and then tap the control. Now it takes two taps, much like a confirmation prompt. Not exactly the same but might be close enough for you.

The order can be adjusted by enabling the shortcuts in the order you want. I assure you it works!

Live charging is in R&D pending some new tech Tesla is working on. 😁
Do not get me wrong. But I don't really get the impression that you want to do something with my feedback. That's fine with me, but I would appreciate if you would like to indicate this. If you use the app on the watch every day, things could really be a lot better. Because:

For example, why do I receive a message when I open the passenger door as a warning whether I want to continue? But not when opening the car. Nice and consistent...But why press 3 or more times when you can do it in 2 times. But also in one go. Because the watch face allows you to place multiple shortcuts that you can activate in 1 (or 2) times. But I cannot put all tessie shortcuts on the watch face. So I have to use the tessie app on the watch, but here you have the option to only put 3 shortcuts on the home screen. You then have to scroll down (because you cannot change those thumbnails) and then press control and then scroll all the way down again to, for example, turn sentry on or off, or...

If you read the above, you might realize that it could be so much easier. And again please don't misunderstand me.

Can you perhaps show with a video how you can change those thumbnails (wake, control, etc.) in the app on the watch?

Do you still intend to look at the other feedback you have received?

The extra feature, charging in dynamic island is possible. Stats app does it already. So i dont understand your comment....

Do not get me wrong. But I don't really get the impression that you want to do something with my feedback. That's fine with me, but I would appreciate if you would like to indicate this. If you use the app on the watch every day, things could really be a lot better. Because:

For example, why do I receive a message when I open the passenger door as a warning whether I want to continue? But not when opening the car. Nice and consistent...But why press 3 or more times when you can do it in 2 times. But also in one go. Because the watch face allows you to place multiple shortcuts that you can activate in 1 (or 2) times. But I cannot put all tessie shortcuts on the watch face. So I have to use the tessie app on the watch, but here you have the option to only put 3 shortcuts on the home screen. You then have to scroll down (because you cannot change those thumbnails) and then press control and then scroll all the way down again to, for example, turn sentry on or off, or...

If you read the above, you might realize that it could be so much easier. And again please don't misunderstand me.

Can you perhaps show with a video how you can change those thumbnails (wake, control, etc.) in the app on the watch?

Do you still intend to look at the other feedback you have received?

The extra feature, charging in dynamic island is possible. Stats app does it already. So i dont understand your comment....
I'm sorry that you don't understand. The live data that is currently possible with other apps right now is not relevant, because Tesla will soon be blocking the current data system being used by all third party apps. I am waiting for their new data system to be fully functioning instead of building a new piece of technology (live tracking in Dynamic Island) on a system that is being blocked by Tesla.

Sorry, the menu categories can't be changed, but the control shortcuts can be re-ordered by tapping them under Edit Shortcuts.

As I said, I will look at adding more confirmation prompts and more control shortcuts so you don't need to scroll or tap so much. Not sure what else you want from me here?

I'm sorry that you don't understand. The live data that is currently possible with other apps right now is not relevant, because Tesla will soon be blocking the current data system being used by all third party apps. I am waiting for their new data system to be fully functioning instead of building a new piece of technology (live tracking in Dynamic Island) on a system that is being blocked by Tesla.

Sorry, the menu categories can't be changed, but the control shortcuts can be re-ordered by tapping them under Edit Shortcuts.

As I said, I will look at adding more confirmation prompts and more control shortcuts so you don't need to scroll or tap so much. Not sure what else you want from me here?
Thanks 👍🏻

I’ve been receiving automation errors the past few nights, and tessie is saying I need to add a virtual key. It has been working fine up until this point and I haven’t changed any settings.

Is this something Tesla have changed their side to turn off the old method of control? I can still see the vehicle information but can’t send commands to it.

As I am not the owner of the vehicle (it’s a lease), can I safely add a virtual key? As I seem to remember it being something only the owner can do?

Thanks

hi
is there a way to set up tessie phone key if i dont have my tesla linked to my tesla account?(ownership transfer issues)
the support page says tap key icon, but i see no key icon in the app
Nope!
I’ve been receiving automation errors the past few nights, and tessie is saying I need to add a virtual key. It has been working fine up until this point and I haven’t changed any settings.

Is this something Tesla have changed their side to turn off the old method of control? I can still see the vehicle information but can’t send commands to it.

As I am not the owner of the vehicle (it’s a lease), can I safely add a virtual key? As I seem to remember it being something only the owner can do?

Thanks
Yes, Tesla now requires this for everyone. Drivers can add it now.

James, is there any data feed coming from the new direct Tesla Telemetry & API on AP & FSD usage? Currently Tesla offers no statistics and I'm sure many like me would like to have some data available on their usage of these technologies. I would like to see the following if possible :

Miles driven on FSD
Miles driven on AP
# of FSD/AP gets disabled by driver

Thanks much for considering all this. Most appreciated