Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Official Tessie app talk

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m still getting the location sharing icon in my car after setting up next gen login with Tessie. I read elsewhere that it should make that go away. Is that not the case? Tessie is the only app I have connected to my Tesla account.
The location icon will continue to appear until Direct Telemetry is enabled. Working with Tesla on getting that enabled now. Should be coming soon.

Is there a way to add multiple tags to a ride ?
There's no way to add multiple manual tags, but if you save the location for either the origin or the destination of a ride, you'll get that as a location tag automatically. So you could filter by "Work" and "My Other Tag" at the same time. Some people use dashes in the tag too break it down further as well.

I wish I had the knowledge to build something like tessie, great work have been a subscriber for 6 months its totally awesome!!!!

Quick question, with the official Tesla API launching and setting up the connection via Next-Gen in Tessie, do you think it could be possible to do stuff like the S3XY buttons for example preconditioning the battery (the same preconditioning you can do if you navigate to a Tesla Supercharger)?

Last edited:
Reactions: James@Tessie
yes but it's not a location filter issue, I changed to winter tires and I'd like to have all my rides tagged "winter tires", and then still be able to tag for whatever I want
Ah, that makes a lot of sense! I'll see how feasible this is to implement.

When you change to winter tires are you changing the tires setting in the car too? If so, what's the value displayed in the firmware viewer (tap your model name at the bottom of the home screen) under vehicle_config -> wheel_type? It will look something like "NewTurbine22Black".

I wish I had the knowledge to build something like tessie, great work have been a subscriber for 6 months its totally awesome!!!!

Quick question, with the official Tesla API launching and setting up the connection via Next-Gen in Tessie, do you think it could be possible to do stuff like the S3XY buttons for example preconditioning the battery (the same preconditioning you can do if you navigate to a Tesla Supercharger)?
Thank you. Tesla can definitely enable this. Thumbs up my issue here to encourage them to add it: Feature Request: Battery Preconditioning · Issue #115 · teslamotors/vehicle-command

The location icon will continue to appear until Direct Telemetry is enabled. Working with Tesla on getting that enabled now. Should be coming soon.

Great, thanks! Thought I might have another app from years ago that I forgot to disable.

Another quick question— with the new virtual key setup, I go to the URL from the Tessie push notification but when I click finish setup, nothing happens. Is something supposed to? And in the app itself it shows that Tessie is paired, but that it’s not installed or open when it is.

Any ideas?

Attachments

• IMG_3073.jpeg
    IMG_3073.jpeg
    123.2 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_3072.png
    IMG_3072.png
    376.2 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_3070.png
    IMG_3070.png
    312.3 KB · Views: 22
  • incoming-6A39D6FE-3D94-4E5B-8BC0-DBC3D4BDC58B.jpeg
    incoming-6A39D6FE-3D94-4E5B-8BC0-DBC3D4BDC58B.jpeg
    20.1 KB · Views: 22
Great, thanks! Thought I might have another app from years ago that I forgot to disable.

Another quick question— with the new virtual key setup, I go to the URL from the Tessie push notification but when I click finish setup, nothing happens. Is something supposed to? And in the app itself it shows that Tessie is paired, but that it’s not installed or open when it is.

Any ideas?
Yes, the Tesla app should prompt you to add the key. In your screenshot try tapping the blue "Open" button at the top. Does that work?

Ah, that makes a lot of sense! I'll see how feasible this is to implement.

When you change to winter tires are you changing the tires setting in the car too? If so, what's the value displayed in the firmware viewer (tap your model name at the bottom of the home screen) under vehicle_config -> wheel_type? It will look something like "NewTurbine22Black".

Thank you. Tesla can definitely enable this. Thumbs up my issue here to encourage them to add it: Feature Request: Battery Preconditioning · Issue #115 · teslamotors/vehicle-command
Np, done!!

I'm not sure what update fixed it, but Tessie as Key is working now on my Pixel Watch 2 (added it yesterday). Multiple drives and it shows connected in car and confirmed the watch can unlock the car automatically as well as walk away.

Unfortunately, my watch drained 50% last night while sleeping.... inconclusive. Visiting family right now but if it persists I'll look at it through battery historian

PS could we get custom tire rotation mileage intervals?

I'm not sure what update fixed it, but Tessie as Key is working now on my Pixel Watch 2 (added it yesterday). Multiple drives and it shows connected in car and confirmed the watch can unlock the car automatically as well as walk away.

Unfortunately, my watch drained 50% last night while sleeping.... inconclusive. Visiting family right now but if it persists I'll look at it through battery historian

PS could we get custom tire rotation mileage intervals?
You can customize tire rotation mileage intervals by entering your own last rotation mileage and offsetting it by whatever you want.

Love tessie app so far with lifetime membership. Had some problem earlier with carlinkit t2c adapter, where wifi stayed on, car stay connected to the wifi but there's internet. The stats just went missing. Had to power off the device everytime I got off the car. Any workaround for this?

Also, love to see drive stats with autopilot is on, by time / percentage. Anywhere to vote up to Tesla as feature request?

Love tessie app so far with lifetime membership. Had some problem earlier with carlinkit t2c adapter, where wifi stayed on, car stay connected to the wifi but there's internet. The stats just went missing. Had to power off the device everytime I got off the car. Any workaround for this?

Also, love to see drive stats with autopilot is on, by time / percentage. Anywhere to vote up to Tesla as feature request?
Never heard of that adapter, sorry! Autopilot time might be coming soon as part of Tesla's new telemetry system. If not I'll ask them to add it.
Anyone else having problems with the widget? I'm on app v10.9.23 and my widget is just a blank slate of black. No info whatsoever, though pressing on the widget takes me to the app itself which is otherwise working well.
Assuming you're on iOS? That's an iOS bug. Restart your phone and see if that fixes it.