Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Official Tessie app talk

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are you going to be sending over the money to cover the loss from existing subscriptions? If not, then where do you propose that this money comes from, if not from new subscription pricing?
Apologies if I'm misunderstanding this. If your cost has gone up already for existing subscriptions then of course its fair to go to this new price for us. Not clear whether I'm being charged $4.99 or $12.99 at my next auto-renewal of monthly subscription fee. Thanks for clarifying.

Reactions: zoomer0056
Apologies if I'm misunderstanding this. If your cost has gone up already for existing subscriptions then of course its fair to go to this new price for us. Not clear whether I'm being charged $4.99 or $12.99 at my next auto-renewal of monthly subscription fee. Thanks for clarifying.
Ah, no, it hasn't gone up for existing subscribers so there is no price change for existing subscribers. You would definitely get notified of that in advance. If and how much prices change for existing subscribers 100% depends on what Tesla ends up announcing.

Ah, no, it hasn't gone up for existing subscribers so there is no price change for existing subscribers. You would definitely get notified of that in advance. If and how much prices change for existing subscribers 100% depends on what Tesla ends up announcing.
Thank you very much for your clarification. This sounds fair. Appreciated

Will absorb the announced fee for existing lifetime subscribers. Will lose money to deliver what was promised.
Your ongoing support and Improvement of Tessie is excellent.

I'm on a lifetime subscription, but I'm quite willing to donate or otherwise make up the difference to fund any Tesla charges you will incur going forward. Just tell me how and when to do it.

Understand that you will need to passthrough this cost however if it is still free as indicated in the link you provided then your subscription fee for now should remain the same. I would understand that you keep the lifetime price at the elevated level to protect yourself but the monthly fee should remain $4.99 unless your cost has already gone up.

They can charge whatever they want

Battery Temp no longer shows under Battery or Activity. Has this changed or is it my own issue?
Sometimes have to try again.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240522_141058.jpg
    Screenshot_20240522_141058.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 8
Yep. Tesla is preparing to introduce subscription fees for each vehicle using a third party app, so any and all fees will need to be included in the price. They'll be announcing the new pricing publicly when they're ready.

Odometer alerts like this are on my roadmap.
That's a huge shame - I would have 100% taken a lifetime membership had I have known. £12.99 is a lot and unfortunately too much for me but I understand you have to cover a lot of cost... it's a shame you're being priced out by Tesla.

That's a huge shame - I would have 100% taken a lifetime membership had I have known. £12.99 is a lot and unfortunately too much for me but I understand you have to cover a lot of cost... it's a shame you're being priced out by Tesla.
Ditto, unfortunately I think I'll be giving this up given the new rates - maybe be persuaded to stay if I can sneak a lifetime at the old rates though 😁

What is that?
It's the ability to charge off Solar Power if you have a Tesla Powerwall automatically optimizing for the generation and power settings for the Powerwall.

You basically have two charge limits, one for any input (like grid power) and then another limit at least 10% above that. So if I can set 50% for any input, then raise drive on sunshine limit to 90%.

It looks like if Tessie/Third Party APIs can't wield it I'll have to not rely on the charge limit function in Tessie anymore when at home. Whether automated or not as it's now raising the drive on sunshine limit but not the any input limit like it used to.

It's the ability to charge off Solar Power if you have a Tesla Powerwall automatically optimizing for the generation and power settings for the Powerwall.

You basically have two charge limits, one for any input (like grid power) and then another limit at least 10% above that. So if I can set 50% for any input, then raise drive on sunshine limit to 90%.

It looks like if Tessie/Third Party APIs can't wield it I'll have to not rely on the charge limit function in Tessie anymore when at home. Whether automated or not as it's now raising the drive on sunshine limit but not the any input limit like it used to.
From your description, it sounds like Tesla has set the third party charge limit control to always control the higher limit rather than the lower limit.

We're limited to what Tesla provides via Fleet API - it looks like this feature is quite close but it appears to be missing the "Charge on Solar" mode listed here.

They're still building out third party stuff, so I wouldn't be surprised if this is added before too long, then we could work on supporting it.

From your description, it sounds like Tesla has set the third party charge limit control to always control the higher limit rather than the lower limit.

We're limited to what Tesla provides via Fleet API - it looks like this feature is quite close but it appears to be missing the "Charge on Solar" mode listed here.

They're still building out third party stuff, so I wouldn't be surprised if this is added before too long, then we could work on supporting it.
Thanks, yeah they changed something. Big bummer what they're doing in general, possibly charging for API access as well, sigh.

I'm a bit confused.
Which one is true?
What is your question here, exactly? It's not totally clear.

If you're referring to the capacity measurement, all 3 screenshots are true. If you're confused as to why you're not seeing exactly half capacity at 50% battery level, it's because battery level and capacity aren't tied together - e.g. 0% battery doesn't equal 0% capacity and 50% battery doesn't equal 50% capacity. Most cars will have anywhere between 2-7 kWh remaining when at 0% battery level as a hidden buffer. The battery level <> capacity ratio is a curve unique to each model and firmware.

The only time battery level and capacity will correctly align the way you'd intuitively expect is at 100% charge.

Last edited:
What is your question here, exactly? It's not totally clear.

If you're referring to the capacity measurement, all 3 screenshots are true. If you're confused as to why you're not seeing exactly half capacity at 50% battery level, it's because battery level and capacity aren't tied together - e.g. 0% battery doesn't equal 0% capacity and 50% battery doesn't equal 50% capacity. Most cars will have anywhere between 2-7 kWh remaining when at 0% battery level as a hidden buffer. The battery level <> capacity ratio is a curve unique to each model and firmware.

The only time battery level and capacity will correctly align the way you'd intuitively expect is at 100% charge.
Fair enough.
So, in the first screenshot the buffer is included and in the other isn't?