Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ohmman's Airstream Adventures

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yesterday in Two Medicine, my wife rolled her ankle pretty badly. She is out of commission today and can't bear weight on it. We are hoping for improvement considering the road ahead.

I'm sorry - pass on my condolences. And of course, you're going to pick up the load :). I rolled my ankle pretty badly once & took months to heal. Ice, compression, elevation, rest, anti-inflammatories (like double-dose Aleve) ... you know the drill.

Sorry to hear about Mrs Ohmman (ohmwoman?). I hope she recovers quickly. I would think it's nice having the AirStream to rest in.

Might be a good time to travel to Canada now that Obamacare is on the chopping block...
She prefers Wohmman.

Thanks to all for the kind words. I think not hearing our voices for a full day has contributed to accelerated healing. She's improving. The kids and I managed about 10 miles of hikes while she chewed up our data plan in the Airstream. Though maybe that's me and my photo uploads... ;)

Once you cross the border be prepared for your speedo vs AP figures to be goofy. There is a bug in the system where it'll read the km/h signs and display them as mph yet the car will observe the real speed you've set :confused:

The conversions worked properly last summer but one of the latest OTA versions buggered it up.

Will be watching this thread. Hopefully will get a chance to check out your air stream when you get close.

Glad to hear that Wohmman is on the mend!
Some of us are. ;)

So today you are driving from Two Medicine to Banff? And you can use the Ft MacCleod and Canmore Superchargers. Very interested to learn what your Wh/mi numbers were for today.

Also very interested to understand your route and Wh/mi experience between Glacier and Banff. I've contemplated this route many times...

I wonder if the Canadian authorities are doing an extensive search of his Model X and trailer.

Two Augusts ago, my wife and I (we are both in our 60s) crossed from Washington into British Columbia at Nelway, south of Salmo. Ahead of us, the Canadian Customs folks were thoroughly searching three vehicles. After we handed the officer our paperwork, which included vehicle registration and proof of insurance, we were asked the purpose of our visit (to see my wife's brother outside Nelson).

Then--do we have any tobacco? (No, sir.) Do we have any alcohol? (No, sir.) Do we have any illegal or prescription drugs? (No, sir.) Where is your front license plate? Does not California require a front license plate? (Yes, sir, California requires a front license plate. I have the plate in the front trunk. If you would like me to, I can return to the US and place it on the vehicle and return in about 10 minutes.)

That won't be necessary, but pull up behind that Toyota and wait for the inspector. We pulled up. The inspector went into the shack and returned with our paperwork. He gave a quick look-see about the vehicle and then returned our paperwork to us and waved us through.

When we returned to the US in Idaho, the US Customs official said, "hi," and looked at our paperwork and waved us through. Took all of 30 seconds. Didn't care about our lack of a front license plate.

@ohmman ..where are you??

oeQaeZrAd-ycGLP8ajbQf1WdlhnfV7Ij-242lsqJquYqXKLCER-XOtKvkNUiW1m_RPY=w300

• Funny
Reactions: ohmman
Sounds like @ohmman's MiFi doesn't work in Canada. Or perhaps @wohmann went through all their data allowance while she was resting her ankle. We may only get sporadic updates while he's charging near a Tim Hortons. Best if Tesla owners keep an eye out for a white X pulling an Airstream and have them post updates here. Pictures or it didn't happen.