Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ohmmu Battery & 2020.28.6 update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am not sure if this is a normal thing to see when you have the 12v error popup,

but since I still have the ohmmu battery in and currently on 32.2 firmware, i now see this box:

View attachment 580662

this welcomed me when i got back in the car today. my battery is fantastic and the charging system is working normally:

View attachment 580661

the above photos were taken at the same time , so seems this 32.2 update or the one before it, added this screen?
What app is the screenshot from?

Reactions: lUtriaNt
Does anybody with an Ohmmu or MPP (aka EarthX) battery have an OBD harness and adapter with Scan My Tesla? I've been monitoring my 12v battery voltage, current, and Ah through Scan My Tesla the past few weeks just to get a feel for normal behavior. I try to check regularly to try to see if I can spot anything abnormal which would indicate to me that the 12v battery is failing (I'm still on the original after 28 months and 46,000 miles). Just for reference, the lowest voltage I've ever seen is 13.4V and the highest is 14.6V. The times I see it at 13.4V are times where logically the battery is full and the car is just maintaining it (times where the car has been on Sentry Mode all night so presumably the battery was charged). The times I've seen it charge at higher voltages (usually 14.2-14.4V) are times where the car was not used for a few days and therefore used up more of the 12v battery through keeping the modem connected and my Blackvue dashcam running 24/7. I'd be interested to get data points from people with Ohmmu or MPP batteries.

Does anybody with an Ohmmu or MPP (aka EarthX) battery have an OBD harness and adapter with Scan My Tesla? I've been monitoring my 12v battery voltage, current, and Ah through Scan My Tesla the past few weeks just to get a feel for normal behavior. I try to check regularly to try to see if I can spot anything abnormal which would indicate to me that the 12v battery is failing (I'm still on the original after 28 months and 46,000 miles). Just for reference, the lowest voltage I've ever seen is 13.4V and the highest is 14.6V. The times I see it at 13.4V are times where logically the battery is full and the car is just maintaining it (times where the car has been on Sentry Mode all night so presumably the battery was charged). The times I've seen it charge at higher voltages (usually 14.2-14.4V) are times where the car was not used for a few days and therefore used up more of the 12v battery through keeping the modem connected and my Blackvue dashcam running 24/7. I'd be interested to get data points from people with Ohmmu or MPP batteries.

So is your BlackVue wired directly to the 12VBattery, Or the penthouse? Or your Cig lighter?

Ski

So how many people here have error codes?

It sounds like if you didn't have one by 28.6, you probably won't have one, but 28.6 kicked off an error code for some, and those people are the ones who have yet to see the code disappear. Those are the ones we're looking for a patch to fix.

Last edited:
So is your BlackVue wired directly to the 12VBattery, Or the penthouse? Or your Cig lighter?

Ski
Wired into the dome lights as explained here by Jon Osborne
I've had it wired like that for about 2 years with no issues.

ive been watching the current/battery state the last few weeks and ive seen constantly 13.6 - 13.4 on my ohmmu battery.
Interesting if it never goes above those voltages. It's possible the car tracks the different charging states through the voltage and current and uses an algorithm to determine the 12v battery health. Since the LiFePO4 battery might behave differently, it could be causing the error message in some cases.

• Love
Reactions: LWI
Yes, early build Model 3 LR AWD+, original AP2.5.
Me too. Perhaps something Ohmmu or Tesla/Ohmmu can answer when they figure it out.

Got the latest patch last night, will go for a ride later to see if I get the error code. As of today no error codes yet. March 2019 SR+ HW2.5

Fred

Only 2 data points but both have HW 2.5 and have no issues. I have zero skin in this game but wonder if this isnt part of the cause (HW version on model 3)?

Well I technically have no skin in it (well some) as well. My P3D+ is turning 2 yrs old next month. Knock on wood haven’t had any battery issues. However, I’m sure at some point I will and have been both eyeing and toying with the idea of either replacing the OEM with the Ohmmu when I get the indication or pre-emptively striking and replacing it now and keeping the OEM as a backup. OR waiting for the OEM to fail, THEN having Tesla replace it, THEN get the Ohmmu and have the new OEM as a backup. See my dilemma? Lol.
So far no issues but I’m sure they’re coming.

Ski