Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

OK, finally took the plunge--"late November" delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, late November turned into early December, but the wait is finally over. Picked up the car today.

The delivery was painless. Car was flawless, as far as I can tell--no concerns to be addressed. The DS showed me all of the major features, got me some temp tags, and I was on my way!

On the way home, I got behind an S63 that endeavored (and failed) to pull away. Heh.

The S85 is plenty fast. I was vaguely concerned about this, having only driven P85s, but it's really a non-issue. I'm sure I'd be able to tell the difference in a back-to-back run, but the S85 is fast and immediate enough to satisfy. I'm glad I went this way.

DS said that the Rockville, MD location is crazy busy, delivering something like 8 cars a day. That's way up from the normal 1 or 2. This is all part of the end of quarter push.

The power mirrors are cool.

Will post some pics momentarily.

You got essentially the same car as my order (except mine is brown without the pano roof and with matte obeche)... expected delivery next week. Glad to hear about the positive performance of the non-P model... my test drive was also with a P85, and while it was easy to not spend the extra $$$ it has made me wonder during this long wait.

Congrats!!!

8asaramu.jpg
umamy8a7.jpg
6u3a4yty.jpg

The grey one isn't mine, but those are the first red calipers I've seen in person.