Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

OK, let's talk about sticking together!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wifey in car today, Model S, trying to get out of particularly difficult turning. Indicating right, bus prevented her from making the turn. Bus moved and Model 3 moves up and takes its place! No eye contact made, female driver just faced forward!

Are we at that place now, where we don't look out for other owners.

Sad if that's the case🙄

Personal experience is that the more rural the area, the less courteous the driver.

Driving into London people will always let you make turns, change lanes etc. as long as you take them promptly. Head to rural Scotland and no chance, everyone only cares about their own convenience.

Reactions: spdpsba
If you've ever tried to join the A13 from the A406 (North Circular in London) in the evening rush hour, you'll know 2 things:
1. Everyone knows and expects to "give and take", otherwise we're gridlocked for eternity.
2. FSD is never going to work, unless all cars have it. FSD will be waiting for gaps that just aren't there.

If you've ever tried to join the A13 from the A406 (North Circular in London) in the evening rush hour, you'll know 2 things:
1. Everyone knows and expects to "give and take", otherwise we're gridlocked for eternity.
2. FSD is never going to work, unless all cars have it. FSD will be waiting for gaps that just aren't there.
I commuted into central london from Twickenham for 20+ years. There seemed to be a code of conduct where almost everyone adhered to “give and take” - if somebody didn’t play by the rules (e.g. trying to undertake rather than zip merge) then we would close ranks and make them suffer.

On a weekend with non regulars? Absolute chaos.

My daughter lived in High Wycombe for 12 months and for some reason people seemed to almost slam on their brakes to let you join the main road from a side road. It was great to see and contagious 👍🏻.

My daughter lived in High Wycombe for 12 months and for some reason people seemed to almost slam on their brakes to let you join the main road from a side road.….
…which then causes a slowdown for the twenty cars behind them - how rude and environmentally unfriendly! Better to let the merge happen when there is a natural gap in traffic or if the main road traffic is at a standstill, as was in the OP’s case.

Reactions: father_of_6

I assume by give and take you mean "hammer down the outside lane and then bully their way in at the island" 😂

…which then causes a slowdown for the twenty cars behind them - how rude and environmentally unfriendly! Better to let the merge happen when there is a natural gap in traffic or if the main road traffic is at a standstill.
Yep.. be predictable not polite. Nothing worse than someone in front slowing down or stopping completely to let another driver out when they don't have right of way and traffic is flowing. If approaching a queue of cars at the lights then yes fine let them out otherwise keep moving.

Wifey in car today, Model S, trying to get out of particularly difficult turning. Indicating right, bus prevented her from making the turn. Bus moved and Model 3 moves up and takes its place! No eye contact made, female driver just faced forward!

Sad if that's the case🙄

In the States Tesla hit mainstream a few years ago. The "general masses" are now buying them and they don't give a flip about the community of owners.

Reactions: pharwood and M3noob
In the States Tesla hit mainstream a few years ago. The "general masses" are now buying them and they don't give a flip about the community of owners.
Yes, its the same all over the world. When I bought my first MS in the UK in 2014, it received supercar attention - especially from the kids.

My current 2020 - and I dare say a LHD Plaid - both rarer than Taycans in my neighbourhood - are now just part of the ubiquitous best selling brand. 3/Y performance owners likely feel the same.

But this has been an amazing success story for Tesla who used the tech and the acceleration to create a halo of coolness for the brand - and I am happy to have been part of it.

This is car culture unfortunately. Most people would never behave in person how they do behind the wheel. Horns in particular are obnoxious things. I don't think cars should be fitted with them any more. People only ever use them in anger.

Horns in particular are obnoxious things. I don't think cars should be fitted with them any more. People only ever use them in anger.
Honking is regularly done in other countries especially South asian countries and they don’t use them only in anger. They are also used as a sign that a car is on your way or behind - in countries where you find bullock carts, animals on the road. So completely removing them will cause chaos in those countries.

I am sure there are multiple reasons why people behave in a particular way - sometimes you just don’t think thro’ the whole road dynamics like getting stuck in the junction box etc.,. Not saying that was the reason for what happened to OP but could have been something as a misjudgement.

Reactions: father_of_6
I don’t find that Tesla drivers are any better or any worse than other drivers, not even drivers of hated German marques. I like to think I’m a considerate and courteous driver but I wouldn’t treat someone differently just because they drove a Tesla.

On the other hand I’ve been appalled by the amount of litter at some SuC sites. Clearly there are a lot of Tesla drivers who don’t know what a litter bin is for.

Sad if that's the case🙄

That's nothing.

We've gone full 'Mad Max Apocalypse' in West Midlands

Octagon Bypass of Death (Birmingham Ring Road), anything not bolted down in the car is considered 'ammo' ... including the Wife.

Even Autopilot brakes hard and disengages on way home once it sees 'Welcome to West Midlands, Please Drive Carefully'

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: spdpsba