Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

OK, so...did everyone get their cars by the end of 2019?

For those that ordered by the cut-off of December 8, did you receive your Model 3 by end of year?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, giving a $1875 to customers as an act of goodwill doesn't count as a massive point? Jaded much?

Especially considering that not everyone who (hopefully) gets the discount qualified for the credit, and that they will all reap the benefits from the tax credit months before anyone else will.

Also can earn interest on the discounted $ rather than leaving with Uncle Sam for 0% interest for 3-15 mos

I am in the same boat. Except my car shows as still being owned by Tesla because it was a demo with 250 miles on it when it was assigned to me. My app bombs out at the end of trying to make an appt, I am 30 versions behind on updates and not getting any, and when I went to the service center in person (they are the only ones could finally tell me that the car doesn't belong to me), they said they will not touch my car until I own it.

So you are probably right that we don't have roadside assistance either if we don't have warranty repair service.

There's no assurance that anyone is really working on fixing my issue, but plenty of people that will tell you that it will probably be resolved by waiting. So I could wait a long time and then find out that waiting was stupid because no one was working on it. There's clearly a plethora of things that can go wrong within Telsa's inner workings, but almost no one that works there that can actually do anything. They all just wait for the wizard behind the curtain to make a move.

I contacted a local manager, and she has promised to resolve the issue by early next week. She said "Tesla has been going through a new system transition over the past month which likely resulted in a glitch. This Tesla belongs to you and you are the only owner of the vehicle". Then she asks for a few more days for the system to update the records. Such fun. I offered to return the vehicle if the resolution does not happen - since I don't want to have a new car that I can't drive. Can't understand that existing car companies have franchise dealers and they don't have this issue. Tesla is all corporate (no franchises) and they have been selling cars since 2016. These are fairly standard procedures - update all the car databases at the point of sale with the new owner information. My hunch is that they struggle with selling from existing inventory. The people who ordered their sale fully customized have had a great experience, at least the ones I know.

Legacy dealerships also will not offer significant compensation if your custom ordered vehicle arrives a few days late.

For the most part this EOY drama was caused by the US Government...Not Tesla.

It is the elimination of the residual Federal Tax Credit that is causing most of the consernation.

If not for tax reasons, most would not care if their car was delivered the last week of 2019 or the first week of 2020.

Then don't give the customers false hope by giving them a date. Just tell them we'll do our best, but we don't know exactly when you'll get your car. Tesla is just as guilty by tempting customers with a delivery date before end of year so it can be recorded as a sale.

My hunch is that they struggle with selling from existing inventory. The people who ordered their sale fully customized have had a great experience, at least the ones I know.

I had no problem with an existing inventory car, but it was purchased in April before the cutover to the new system. As a retired DBA, I know how hard a database conversion can be. My former employer had a SalesForce application, just like Tesla did, and we eventually dropped it and moved on to something else.

This is great, if Tesla gives a credit of 1875 to the people who didn't get their cars. One of my friends told me that this is likely based on Tesla's past behavior. If I wasn't so focused on the year end deadline, i would have custom ordered and probably had a great experience rather than the mad rush and all the support issues.

Have we received additional confirmation re: $1875 off purchase price? I'd expect the media to pick up on it real soon.

Also, I'm assuming the $1875 is a credit subtracted from total price, not an actual price reduction for those affected. If the latter, it would be more than an $1875 credit.

I called the Palo Alto sales office and got delivery scheduled for 4-6pm today!

I'm happy with a $1,875 discount and won't be too grumpy if it doesn't happen. The rep. doesn't know if it will, and I'll have less leverage retroactively although they did promise delivery of the first VIN on 12/26 and the 3rd VIN on 12/31. Mainly I want a no-drama delivery of a fully inspected car.

Last edited:
So, giving a $1875 to customers as an act of goodwill doesn't count as a massive point? Jaded much?

Especially considering that not everyone who (hopefully) gets the discount qualified for the credit, and that they will all reap the benefits from the tax credit months before anyone else will.
I agree. Tesla can do much good by honoring the $1875 tax rebate. If they did that for me, that would get them back in my good graces (even tho they missed their delivery estimate and haven't communicated this well).

I called the Palo Alto sales office and got delivery scheduled for 4-6pm today!

I'm happy with a $1,875 discount and won't be grumpy if it doesn't happen. The rep. doesn't know if will, and I'll have less leverage retroactively although they did promise delivery of the first VIN on 12/26 and the 3rd VIN on 12/31. Mainly I want a no-drama delivery of a fully inspected car.

So if you show up and they don’t offer you the $1,875 credit you are going to sign off and pay for the car?

Have we received additional confirmation re: $1875 off purchase price? I'd expect the media to pick up on it real soon.

Also, I'm assuming the $1875 is a credit subtracted from total price, not an actual price reduction for those affected. If the latter, it would be more than an $1875 credit.

Why wouldn't they just take it off the sales prices then? It costs them the same money and does the customer a solid.