Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

OK ... what is Tesla trying to do now?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As a long time BMW owner and owner of an E46 and F80 M3, I wish model 3 owners would call their cars MP3s or anything but M3. That name is legendary and shouldn't be used so loosely, but I know you guys don't care haha.

You're Name is familiar s well. Bimmerpost?

A bit a the post, but was (am?) a pretty well known contributor at bimmerfest

Reactions: M3FNATIK
I was on bimmerpost quite often. Had an E90 335, E92 335 and an E82 135. The M3 name for Tesla always throws me off, which is why I will always call the performance 3 a P3D lol. I don’t like seeing M3 if it’s not a BMW haha.
I also find it weird saying "M3" on the forums. That's why I spell it out Model 3. I would confuse people on Instagram, so I use MrTeslaMod3. I think Mod3 sounds okay.

You guys dont want to bring that conversation into this thread (lol)... MAJOR derail. Its been had here a few times.. at least a couple times with long threads. People here like calling this car that name (I am not among them).

Here is the last thread on that topic, so this one can stay back on the topic that people want to discuss in this thread, which is some variation of "when will I get my car" "why wont tesla ship me my car faster".

M3 is a BMW, people

Reactions: tren01t
As a long time BMW owner and owner of an E46 and F80 M3, I wish model 3 owners would call their cars MP3s or anything but M3. That name is legendary and shouldn't be used so loosely, but I know you guys don't care haha.

You're Name is familiar s well. Bimmerpost?

I agree, Tesla hasn’t earned the nickname “M3”, that’s hallow ground. But that isn’t a battle worth having on a Tesla forum so whatevs, hahaha. I guess I can do my part and will refer to it as the P3 going forward.

Yes I’m from the BMW forums. I had a 2015 SS F80 and a SMB 2017 CP.

Yes, I’m sure Tesla could tell us an accurate timeframe. No company building that much for sale produces its goods in utter chaos. That means that :

1.) Tesla doesn’t care if we know anything or not.
2.) Tesla specifically doesn’t want people to know or all those who gave $100 deposits would walk.

Unless there is a new game show coming out called “Guess my Tesla” - I can think of no other reason.

Really, we are not “early adopters” like you were. We appreciate all the early adopters like yourself. But when we (most of us) ordered, Tesla reps and the website said 2-3 weeks. The website continued to say 2-3 weeks for many of us until about a week ago.

Many of us planned our lives (and cars) around a short delivery time. We had no reason to think there would be a long wait. I think it is safe to say we all had far different expectations than you did. I even bet that there is a sizable proportion of us that wouldn’t have ordered if we knew there was a 3+ month wait. The situation is and was totally different.

1st world problem. I ordered in September 2018 for November delivery, arrived mid-December. Now 21,000 miles later, I'm still happy.