Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Omaha Service Center

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Whoever this @smeranda guy is, I want to shake his hand. Excited that it will hopefully be happening. Also, curious how Dingman's feels about this?

Now, the question is what element of "Elon Time" are we dealing with here? (e.g. "next few months" = Late 2019?)
You're probably not wrong about Elon Time. But they'd better step on it. There are probably already twice as many Tesla owners in Nebraska as were a year ago.

You're probably not wrong about Elon Time. But they'd better step on it. There are probably already twice as many Tesla owners in Nebraska as were a year ago.

And definitely enough in Iowa that wouldn't mind shaving an hour off the drive time to get vehicles serviced. Not an owner myself yet, but I'm on track to get my order in next year. Having to drive a couple hours to get service done is a little worrisome, but definitely not going to stop me at this point heheh

And definitely enough in Iowa that wouldn't mind shaving an hour off the drive time to get vehicles serviced. Not an owner myself yet, but I'm on track to get my order in next year. Having to drive a couple hours to get service done is a little worrisome, but definitely not going to stop me at this point heheh

How does not having to drive at all sound? Most issues that you would have, they will come to you.

I guessing they are waiting to see if they can open a sales location in Omaha. I'm giving some test drives for state Senator's this Friday and will hopefully will find out a little more.

Reactions: Brokinarrow
How does not having to drive at all sound? Most issues that you would have, they will come to you.

I guessing they are waiting to see if they can open a sales location in Omaha. I'm giving some test drives for state Senator's this Friday and will hopefully will find out a little more.

I had heard of the ranger program, just wasn't sure what all issues that would cover. If they can cover most of the service issues with that, that is pretty awesome though :) I am curious, would those rangers be based out of states with a physical service center, or would they have people based in Des Moines for example?

There are five rangers in the Omaha/Council Bluffs area that I know of (maybe some have moved on, maybe there are some new ones). They most often come to you. I ordered a service package with my Model S four years ago, and will get my last time of service under the contract next month. They have always given me a loaner. They do everything locally, but in year two and four (so this next time for me), the trailer the car to KC to the service center. The are "centered" in Council Bluffs (I think because of the law in Nebraska) but one lives a mile from me in West Omaha. Most things can be fixed by rangers at your home or work. I had a door handle go out the morning I was leaving for vacation last year--I called, they got someone (Bob) to my house within an hour, had me fixed in another hour, and we were on the road. They use a local shop for alignment. When Nebraska comes into the 21st century and allows Tesla to sell and fix cars here, perhaps we will get a service center--otherwise, IMHO, the service center will have to be in Council Bluffs.

There are five rangers in the Omaha/Council Bluffs area that I know of (maybe some have moved on, maybe there are some new ones). They most often come to you. I ordered a service package with my Model S four years ago, and will get my last time of service under the contract next month. They have always given me a loaner. They do everything locally, but in year two and four (so this next time for me), the trailer the car to KC to the service center. The are "centered" in Council Bluffs (I think because of the law in Nebraska) but one lives a mile from me in West Omaha. Most things can be fixed by rangers at your home or work. I had a door handle go out the morning I was leaving for vacation last year--I called, they got someone (Bob) to my house within an hour, had me fixed in another hour, and we were on the road. They use a local shop for alignment. When Nebraska comes into the 21st century and allows Tesla to sell and fix cars here, perhaps we will get a service center--otherwise, IMHO, the service center will have to be in Council Bluffs.

This is reassuring. picking up a tesla wed and driving it here.

My Teslas are not perfect. They are, however, the best cars I have ever owned, compared to previously owning Lexus, Toyota, Honda, Nissan. Lexus, previously, was the best, with the best service. That is, it was the best. My Teslas have had a few little issues (two door handles on the Model S have gone out [the design has been changed], the chargeport on the 3 sent a signal that it wasn't working though it was, which was fixed) and Tesla has come to me (work and home) and fixed them all in a timely fashion. They have been friendly and provided good customer support. Tesla is the best of the ones I have worked with (though some of the others have been excellent). Tesla service is different, not having the shop to go to. It has been better, however, than the others, and easier because they come to me.

Reactions: jerry33
Six years ago, when I first got the S, we took our first trip to Lincoln. Back then there were no Superchargers so we used RV parks. It was a fun trip. However, when we got to Lincoln, the on-board charger stopped working. Tesla flew a Ranger out to fix it. We lost about two hours of driving time while the repair was completed. This is so much better than any dealer service I've experienced, that I'd never willingly purchase from a dealer again. In my opinion, there is a big difference between service from the factory and service from a dealer who is only concerned about how much they can get away with charging.

Reactions: mociaf9
This is on the Tesla Find Us page. Is this new?

OmahaSC.png

• Informative
Reactions: crmatson
This is on the Tesla Find Us page. Is this new?

View attachment 402630
Someone on the Tesla Owners Omaha group on Facebook shared this picture on Sunday too. Another user on there said it used to be a Sears Auto Center. And a third user posted that he asked a mobile service tech about it and was told it would be a service center "lite". So any major service like for the main battery would still need to go to Kansas City service center.

Yes this will be coming very soon. Tesla had locations picked out in Omaha but Nebraska will not let Tesla service vehicles here. The Auto Dealers Associations said they will not compromise and if Tesla really wanted to service vehicle they could open a center in Iowa. Well they now have.

Here's what the Council Bluff service center looks like now (6/1). Even though Telsa.com says by appointment only, the hours on the door say 8-12 M-F. There's a sign in the lobby that says all Telsa sales are online, and they have two computers sitting there (if you really want to buy your Tesla there ;-) ).

IMG_5356.jpg

IMG_5543.jpg

Reactions: android04