Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

OMG! My Tesla Model S P100D Was Involved(*) In a Car Fire!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Pollux

Supporting Member
Despite my signature, I give EXPRESS CONSENT for any and all outside parties to use my pictures and words from this thread and this thread alone! We need to warn people! I am not thinking of myself, only of the needs and safety of others!

I am a Tesla owner and I love my Tesla! Except that there is a small blemish on the right front inside wheel well, up towards those doohickeys, which can easily be seen by any passerby with a telescoping mirror and a flashlight! I have informed Tesla Service repeatedly but they haven't taken my problem report seriously so I think I might need to exercise the 180-day Federal Lemon Law and get them to replace my entire car! But that's not why I'm writing!

I took my Tesla out to go run an errand on May 3 and I came around the corner and the next thing I saw was the car in flames! Flames bursting out the trunk! I barely escaped from my Tesla with my life! I barely had time to document the entire horrible scene with my trusty camera phone! Had I been any nearer to the vicious curtain of fire, I could have been... warmed!

Fortunately someone called the fire department and they came right away to extinguish the flaming wall of death! The way they were behaving, it was almost as if they had seen or heard about this sort of thing 150,000 times in a single year! So casual! I was angered by their professionalism and disregard of my personal needs at that moment!

DO NOT LET THIS HAPPEN TO YOU OR ANYONE YOU LOVE!!!! (Only enemies, bad people, and acquaintances of misguided political persuasions!)

I realize that it didn't happen if there are no pictures, so I'm going to post a few pictures in a moment!

I am not overwrought! This is how I normally send messages!

While concentrating my thoughts on the needs and safety of others, I need to take a moment to consider whether I should file an NHTSA report IN ALL CAPS before or after I seek compensation from Tesla, Inc.! How much compensation do YOU think I should seek?!?!

All advice, suggestions, comments, input and so on welcome, as long as you support my worldview without question!

Also, I would appreciate it if someone could notify Keef Wyvanef!

Alan

(*)In the way any observer is involved in any observed situation. Perhaps more so when quantum behavior is considered. I don't know anything about quantum behavior. For all I know, my Tesla is entangled with that fire & ICE mobile. Ouch.

See the flames!!!! And the smoke!!!! I had barely made it 500 feet from my house when disaster struck!

IMG_5755.jpg

Do you doubt me that there was a fire?!?! That there were flames?!?! Pix or it didn't happen!!!!!

Wow -- thank you for helping to open everyone's eyes! I've been saying for years that putting gasoline in cars was completely unsafe because they could spontaneously burst into flames at any time! Now this anecdote about a single incident without any context completely confirms my theory that ICE cars should be immediately removed from the road by the NHTSB before they kill again!

Why are none of you listening?!?! Too much negativity towards me, someone just trying to report a problem!!!!

(A) What about the children!!!

(B) Although I don't want it because SAFETY, how much compensation should Tesla force upon me?!?!

(C) Shouldn't the battery pack be located on the roof? ABOVE where the fire goes!!!! Should the car be recalled to fix this design flaw?????

Reactions: bhzmark
I'm amazed we don't see more of these.
According to one article I saw on Business Insider there are 17 car fires an hour in the US alone.
Checking with Statistica shows that in 2015 there were 174000 vehicle fires in the US.
[edit]
Sorry, didn't mean to inject facts into this raffle commercial :)

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Pollux
I'm amazed we don't see more of these.
According to one article I saw on Business Insider there are 17 car fires an hour in the US alone.
Checking with Statistica shows that in 2015 there were 174000 vehicle fires in the US.
[edit]
Sorry, didn't mean to inject facts into this raffle commercial :)

That would be about 1 in 1700 vehicles. We probably don't hear about them as often because the majority of car fires are older cars in poor neighborhoods. People with some money, even if they drive an older car, tend to keep it maintained well enough fire is a relatively low risk.

I got a feel for how big that gap was when I spent a summer working in Milwaukee, WI. The place I worked was right on the edge of the city's worst neighborhood. Because of the road salt in the winter, most middle class people drove newer cars than I was used to seeing on the west coast, but the cars driven in the ghetto were mostly rusted out hulks.