Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

On board Charger ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The onboard charger is 48 amps, so depending on your voltage the max should be 11.5kw.

The max for the J1772 AC charging standard is 19.2kw, if the vehicle has an 80 amp charger onboard.

Unless you're not in north america. Then I don't know 😄

It was never that high to begin with. That number is quite peculiar.
Yes it did. You are thinking only in terms of how the North American ones were configured. Back in the old regime, where there were single or dual chargers, we thought of them here as the 40A or 80A. And so in our usage, we thought if that charger as 9.6 kW or almost 10. But in Europe, when they were configured as 3 phase, those same chargers did 11 kW each, or 22 kW if they had dual chargers.

More common in countries with 3-phase power (3x 230v @ 32a).

I believe there were some Model S/X produced for foreign markets that had 22kw capable chargers, But I’m not 100% sure.
Yep, that was the deal. It was the same chargers, but in 3 phase use, they were about 11 kW each.

But anyway, that system of the single and dual chargers ended about 2016, when Tesla revamped the cars to use the single body charger, where it was 48A or 72A.